[UK] Game City festival: Sonic Tea Party and Jacques concert

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

[UK] Game City festival: Sonic Tea Party and Jacques concert

Post by big_smile »

A ‘Birthday Tea Party’ in honour of Sonic’s 15th Anniversary is to be held at the Game City Festival in Nottingham, UK on the 28th of October.

According to Sega Europe, the party will offer cake, tea, song, “the company of some very special friendsâ€￾ and an abundance of Sonic. The party will be held thought the day at the Lee Rosy Tea Room.

Richard Jacques will also be at the festival performing live renditions of his music on the same day. The exact line-up has yet to be revealed, but it will include a ‘Sonic melody’. TJ Davis, the vocalist for Sonic R will also be performing along side Richard Jacques.

The Game City festival is a four day event that brings together academics, industry veterans and the general public to celebrate British gaming culture. More information can be found here.
Last edited by big_smile on Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Where did you get the details from? According to the GameCity website that you linked both the Jacques retrospective and the Sonic tea party will be on Saturday the 28th, and the final day of the festival is the 29th.

I think I might check it out on the Saturday. Anyone else planning on going?

Psychobob5

Post by Psychobob5 »

There’s something rather unsettling about this event, and I think it has something to do with the mention of ‘tea party’ and ‘games’ in the same sentence. Naturally a tea based gaming event is going to do about as much for a gamers credibility as Artoon have to produce a decent game (i.e. very little), and unless your planning on enrolling in butler academy I see little point in going.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sonic digs Tea parties. They're the bizzomb, bizzitch.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

This cake is so tasty that it breaks the sound barrier!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They had to ban the crumpets because they were creating deadly sonic booms.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Where did you get the details from?
The details came from a Game City press release. I'll email them to double check the dates, but I would assume the website would probably be more up-to-date.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

A Sonic tea party, I cant believe they never used that idea in Sonic the comic...

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Updated the top post. It seems TJ Davis will also be attending.

Gamecity have revised the times for several events, including The Game Maker's Apprentice event, and would like prospective visitors to check the website.

Neo

Post by Neo »

big_smile wrote:Updated the top post. It seems TJ Davis will also be attending.
What, are Jacques and Davis performing the Sonic R soundtrack or something?

Psychobob5

Post by Psychobob5 »

Neo Chaotikal wrote:
big_smile wrote:Updated the top post. It seems TJ Davis will also be attending.
What, are Jacques and Davis performing the Sonic R soundtrack or something?
Let's all slit our wrists in anticipation if that proves to be the case.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I liked the <i>Sonic R</i> soundtrack. The lyrics, not so much, but the music itself is really great stuff.

Heck, I'll openly admit that I love Richard Jacques' work. I'll admit I haven't heard <i>Headhunter</i>, but if it's as good as the other tunes I've heard him put out, then it'd be very good indeed.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

If you haven't heard Headhunter, than you can't say you love Richard Jacques.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

In which case, all I'll say is this: it shall be remedied fairly swiftly (and easily).

But not tonight. Voting tomorrow, and if I want to make it fit in my schedule, it'll have to be early in the morning - and I am NOT a morning person, lemme tell you.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I never heard the soundtrack in headhunter but richard jaques's songs in jet set radio and jet set radio future were pretty bad ass.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Alright, it's been amended. Great stuff, but a completely different genre from what I was expecting based on his other work. I mean, I was thinking the jazzy techno you got in the Saturn <i>Sonic</i> games, or <i>Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition</i> (he <b>did</b> work on that, didn't he? Wikipedia says he did, but you know how tenuous info that can be), with lots of pianos and synth, while I instead got very well-composed orchestral music. Either way it's good, but still.