Sonic Rivals - New screens featuring Metal Sonic

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I just caught the tail end of a Sonic Rivals ad, and there was text at the bottom saying "game and system sold separately". I mean, is that really an issue nowadays?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Now that Nintendo's actually including a game with their console... probably.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Shadow Hog wrote:Now that Nintendo's actually including a game with their console... probably.
The 1989 Gameboy included Tetris

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

That adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, since I'm talking about nowadays. There hasn't been a pack-in title at launch since the SNES.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Isn't this the first Nintendo system launch with a pack-in game not starring Mario?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

IIRC, the SNES is the only Nintendo system at launch that was pack in with a Mario game.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Frieza2000 wrote:It'd be hilarious if after all the work to unlock super forms and all the time we've waited for Sega to bring them back they just crashed the game.
Not necessarily Super-related, but according to Sazpaimon, it's impossible to get 10 silver medals in Shadow's Crisis City; he can't find the last one anywhere, and the Prima guide only lists 9 medals, despite there being 10 medals per stage.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Downloadable content! Get the 10th Medal for 200 MS Points!

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Ngangbius wrote:IIRC, the SNES is the only Nintendo system at launch that was pack in with a Mario game.
I have a "Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt" cartridge that says otherwise.

Of course, skimming the Wikipedia article, it doesn't actually mention if it launched with that bundled in with the system; but I think it did.

Edit: Oh wait. Here we go.
For its North American release, the NES was released in two different configurations, or "bundles." The console deck itself was identical, but each bundle was packaged with different Game Paks and accessories. The first of these sets, the Control Deck, retailed from US$199.99, and included the console itself, two game controllers, and a Super Mario Bros. game pak. The second bundle, the Deluxe Set, retailed for $249.99 and consisted of the console, a R.O.B., a NES Zapper, and two game paks: Duck Hunt and Gyromite.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Eh? I could have sworn that the system launched with Clu Clu Land and Kung Fu. Or am I thinking that was only the case with the Famicom?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Incidentally, when i spoke to some of the people working on the game at Sega, they said they haven't heard of a feature, but it could happen. They also talked about rumours of an alternative ending.

I guess it's safe to say that if these features do exist, then Sega hasn't tested them. So expect bugs.
Now that's what I call being on top of the ball.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Ritz wrote:
Frieza2000 wrote:It'd be hilarious if after all the work to unlock super forms and all the time we've waited for Sega to bring them back they just crashed the game.
Not necessarily Super-related, but according to Sazpaimon, it's impossible to get 10 silver medals in Shadow's Crisis City; he can't find the last one anywhere, and the Prima guide only lists 9 medals, despite there being 10 medals per stage.
He missed it, I corrected him. You'll have to try harder than that to spook those who don't pay attention to the CulT forums, you fiend.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Also interestingly, they didn't realise that you could control the second character during levels in Shadow the Hedgehog until one week to submission.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

So slapping the hell out of things with Maria was not planned?

One Classy Bloke

The game testers didn't know about it. We were told very little about the games we were working on, if anything.

What was interesting is we never get updates on whats changed in a new build, something you would expect. We later discovered that our team leader did get that kinda info, but decided to not tell us, even if we asked her. She was a real bitch.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

At least they pay you, they don't overlook that do they?

One Classy Bloke

They did aspire to not pay us, but they were never able to due to laws and stuff.

But the lack of information, shit working hours, poor communication between developers and other QA departments and the getting blamed for a poor selling game does grate on the nerves.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Well you can take comfort in the fact that everyone here knows that it's not your fault.

You are one hell of a resilient person, keep it up!