Jun Senoue not working on Sonic the Hedgehog?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Jun Senoue not working on Sonic the Hedgehog?

Post by Segaholic2 »

Jun Senoue posted on his forum a couple days ago, stating that he is not involved with the sound production on Sonic the Hedgehog.
Well.... I will write about 3 topics tonight.

I know lots of you sent me emails regarding upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog music. I can tell you three facts at this moment.
1. The song for E3 trailer is not written by me. I don't play guitars either.
2. I'm not a sound producer for upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog project.
3. I didn't compose any song this time.
Source: http://junsenoue.com/component/option,c ... 2/catid,2/

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Yeah I found out about this a little earlier and it's basically the last nail in the coffin for me.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

It says he took charge of the voice acting for SA1 upto Heroes?

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

And with that, all hopes and dreams for this game have left me.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Is it really that much of an issue for some of you? I actually find this a bit reassuring; for a moment or two, I was beginning to think that Jun had lost his touch entirely. Unless he did the music for Shadow, in which case, he's still worse for wear, but not nearly as much.

Because, you know, all of the music we've heard from Sonic Next thus far has been really, really terrible.

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

He's working on Rivals at the moment, isn't he? I know that man's style, and that's definitely what I heard in the last trailer. :P

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Ah, nothing like more pointless self-inflicted despair!

Come on guys, it was pretty much a given he'd be sitting this one out when the word came down that Zebrahead was behind the theme. And by then he had already said he was busy with a lot of other projects.
Last edited by FlashTHD on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Indeed. Besides, his stuff hasn't exactly been stellar in his most recent Sonic outings. I will always enjoy his cheesy guitar rock theme songs more than I should, but a lot of his actual level music was pretty mediocre.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

But with no 80's rock tunes my life will fall into disrepair; I do like the song from kingdom valley though.

And yes, Jun did the music for Shadow.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeah, I personally don't see this as a bad thing since his guitar riff sounds was gettting pretty tiresome.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I really dug most of the soundtrack to Shadow the Hedgehog, cheesy emo vocal songs be damned; but a lot of Jun's music just seemed to lack the... pizzaz of the original Sonic Adventure. Jun's tracks in SA2 and Heroes really seemed to rely too much on repeating the same guitar chords over and over and over again for infinity. It just... wasn't as interesting as the SA1 soundtrack was.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Sonic Adventure had a fantastic soundtrack, specifically the actual stages' background music. I haven't really played Heroes or Shadow, so I wouldn't know about how those were.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Senoue actually didn't compose a decent portion of the SA1 soundtrack.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

That's probably why it had so much variety. It was definitely my favourite of the 3D games.

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

They need to team up Hataya and Jacques one of these days. THAT, IMO, would be THE best Sonic soundtrack ever created, hands down.

If only Sega had as much sense.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Really? I don't like Jaques that much... But if we're really going to dream about it, I'd bring BO from Master System fame. He knew what he was doing. Heck, I think the most memorable songs of my life came from him.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I say Yuzo Koshiro or Hideki Naganuma, but that's just me.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Heheh if we're going to Jet Set Radio why not Rob Zombie?

Because it would suck, obviously.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Yuzo Koshiro I'd like to see return. I loved the Game Gear Sonic 1 sountrack..I actually prefer his Labryinth theme over the one used in the 16-bit version.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I was thinking more Bridge Zone and/or the <i>Streets of Rage</i> soundtacks, myself, but yeah.

Thinking about it, though, I'd really like to see Jacques and/or Hataya come back, too. Or maybe the persons who did <i>NiGHTS</i>'s tunes - that soundtrack is still incredible. You know, Fumie Kumatani (he/she did some tracks for the first <i>Adventure</i>, as I recall), Tatsuya Kousaki and Saori Kobayashi?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

You guys are talking about Yuzo Koshiro and there yet is no mention of the all-mighty Actraiser OST? Shame!

Isn't Yuzo Koshiro composing some music for the upcoming Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

He's composed 4 tracks for Portrait of Ruin, coincidentally the 4 I'm most interested in hearing.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Ngangbius wrote:You guys are talking about Yuzo Koshiro and there yet is no mention of the all-mighty Actraiser OST? Shame!
I don't own a SNES, so I've never played <i>Actraiser</i>. I've heard a few tracks, though, and they are indeed excellent, but not exactly what I'd like to hear in a <i>Sonic</i> game.
Ngangbius wrote:Isn't Yuzo Koshiro composing some music for the upcoming Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin?
Yes. I dunno if it's limited to 4 as James said, but he is definitely contributing to the project. (There HAVE, however, been four MP3s leaked out - <a href="http://www.purevolume.com/castlevaniapo ... fruin">nab them here</a>.)

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

Opa-Opa wrote:Really? I don't like Jaques that much... But if we're really going to dream about it, I'd bring BO from Master System fame. He knew what he was doing. Heck, I think the most memorable songs of my life came from him.
I liked Jacques because he did THE best techno/pop/upbeat music ever in a Sonic game other than Naofumi Hataya, and he himself drew his inspiration from Hataya... together, I think they'd do a great job. =P

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I personally think they should get Senoue to write the vocal songs for the games, and the vocal songs only. Because the man can write a killer melody. My only problem with him is how often he just writes a series of power chords and neglects the concept of a melody altogether, which seems to have been happening more and more since Sonic Adventure 2.