Jun Senoue not working on Sonic the Hedgehog?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Arcade

Post by Arcade »

So, this will turn in a topic of how those cursed Sonic of America guys and their Sonic Adventure 2 started the downfall of Sonic games?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

It's more than likely that it will. Either that, or we can go back to talk about composers.
I like Senoue's music- heck, SA2 tracks are some of the best I heard in any videogame. But I guess it should be a good thing for him to not get too involved with this new game.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I think a lot of it is just he bears too big a burden. Did you see the Heroes soundtrack booklet? He wrote damn near everything. Considering the of side projects he has going (Crush 40, JxJ), I'm not faulting him for going bland. And I'm certainly not blaming the music for the downfall of the series. That's just retarded. In fact, I think Jun was at his best in SA2, that's just also where the seeds for the monotony that would arise in Heroes from being flat-out overworked were sown.

Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

I thought Jun was at his best in SA1 - the tunes were rich, vibrant, and enjoyable, and fit the scenes they were designed for. Sure, a couple of his old tunes were reused (Green Grove/Windy Valley, anyone?), but if you ask me, it was for the best. Why waste good music when it works? :P

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I thought Heroes' soundtrack was a lot better than the boring Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, but that's just me. Too much generic rock in SA2.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

They just need to bring Good-Cool or any of those funky bands out there! But Japanese musicians are the most stubborn people ever, so it wont happen.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Perhaps Sambomaster?