Sonic the Hedgehog demo on XBL Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
OSM

Post by OSM »

One Classy Bloke wrote:I'm in shock. From what i saw on that video, the only difference was it was in english. Fucking nothing has been fixed since i last saw it 2-3 months ago. Hell, i'm starting to wonder if Rouge's eyelashes are still randomly flying around.
Sega just doens't give two shits anymore. I'm just giving up, Sonic is dead after this, how do we know rivals and secret of the rings will be any different?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

That's just it - we don't know, because none of <b>us</b> have played either of them (although I know somebody at Cult did, but still). This is in direct contrast with this game, which we <b>have</b> played, and know to be profusely lacking in quality. The others could go either way, and believe it or not, that includes good, too.

Personally, though, once it's gotten to the point where the <i>Sonic</i> series can be considered "dead", I'll eagerly await its revival (most likely in somebody else's more capable hands). There's no reason this series couldn't have continued being successful like Mario, if the games were good enough to back that up.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

The only game of the three that's getting any positive response of any kind is Sonic and the Secret Rings. Though who knows how the full game will turn out.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

OSM wrote:I'm just giving up,
And then you will be back to post in a few days to comment about the game you say you've given up caring about.
Sonic is dead after this
Only when they stop making the games. If you're speaking in terms of the series' spirit, you're just a whiner.
Oh, and I guess you were too set on getting your woe and despair added to the topic to see this:
One Classy Bloke wrote:
FlashTHD wrote:Youre not just saying this crap to school us "hardcore" folk on another life lesson, are you?
You're a sharp one, aren't you.
I suspect you might've concoted that 2-3 months time span in less than 5 seconds of thought, knowing it contradicted what you already said :p

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

You know what I like? Playing games and then judging them.

It costs five bucks to rent a game, but it's absolutely free to speculate.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

...at risk of sounding obnoxious, yeah.

WW

Post by WW »

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

check it.
Okay, I have NO WAY to verify if these are songs in the game, but someone sent them to me a while ago, and I emailed the songs to SEGA, asking if it was their material, and they sent me back, suprisingly, saying yes, the music was their's. So I'll post it here, and we'll see if it's used in the game. It sounds nice, anyway.

This seems to be some type of boss music-
http://media.putfile.com/Mystery-Song-1-58

This song sounds like it belongs in Dusty Desert-
http://media.putfile.com/Mystery-Song-2-9

I wonder what these are...?
Sounds good to me, reminds me of Sonic CD and SA1.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

The first tune reminds me of the theme for Boomer Kuwanger's stage from Mega Man X. Of course, this is probably due in part to my having just played that stage prior to checking this topic, in which case, I may wind up hating it later, but it's giving me some pretty good vibes as of now.

The second one is trash.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

lol Really Ritz? I was just about to post:

"I hope these are are in the game. I like them quite a bit, especially the second one. The first song doesn't really sound "ominous" enough to be boss battle music, but what the heck do I know?

The second song reminds me of the music in Sands of Time. I also think that it captures the spirit of the Genesis era Sonic music. Of course, that's just my opinion."

I will say that I don't like that horn that blurts in every once in a while on the second song.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Like the horns in Hot shelter? thats what it reminds me of.

Neo

Post by Neo »

One Classy Bloke wrote:You suggested that SegaSonic would accuse 4Kids for rushing this game and allowing shitty gameplay. He didn't mention 4Kids at all in that post you responded to, thus why bring up 4Kids at all yourself? It was a pathetic troll attempt to piss off someone well known for their dislike of 4Kids.
Knock-knock!

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Who's there?

OSM

Post by OSM »

FlashTHD wrote:
OSM wrote:I'm just giving up,
And then you will be back to post in a few days to comment about the game you say you've given up caring about.
Sonic is dead after this
Only when they stop making the games. If you're speaking in terms of the series' spirit, you're just a whiner.
I'm a fan, I'm allowed to whine and complain, it's how I state where I stand in all this. And I can change my opinion and thoughts on this as much as I want. The new video of Wave ocean looks ok, but I'm really hoping they fix those bugs. Was that video recent, or made awhile ago and finally uploaded?

Neo

Post by Neo »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Who's there?
I dunno. I just thought you'd continue to diss me, so I wouldn't have to make up an actual joke.

aso

Post by aso »

Neo Chaotikal wrote:
One Classy Bloke wrote:Who's there?
I dunno. I just thought you'd continue to diss me, so I wouldn't have to make up an actual joke.
Man, breaking a knock-knock joke before it even reaches mid-stride is just plain rude.

Oh, and I'm generally with FlashTHD here. While 360/PS3 Sonic certainly isn't looking... great, I'll reserve judgment on it until I actually get a shot at the final release.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

OSM wrote:And I can change my opinion and thoughts on this as much as I want.
OHHH, that your excuse for going back on "I'm just giving up"?

WW

Post by WW »

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

knock knock

who's there?

sonic

sonic who?

sonikku aahaha i love japan

Consider this thread trolled.

aso

Post by aso »

Quote culled from old topic:
Zeta wrote:Oh god! I just realized something horrible.

What's the most trite over-used plot ever? The one the idiots at SoA are sure to use?

Evil twins.

That's right. We're going to have a game featuring an evil twin of an evil twin.
I just realized that while they didn't get to act out that little gem in Shadow, they'll be doing something like that in Sonic with Mephiles, apparently. Good times.