Sonic the Hedgehog demo on XBL Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I knew that thing looked familiar! It's the cut Sky Chase boss from SA1!
It's about two heads short, I'm afraid. But besides that, I guess it does resemble it quite a bit..

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

JP Sonic Next Site Updated
With: Silver's Story, Character Profiles: Amy, Blaze and About Game: Dusty Desert.

All looking very nice.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Alright, so what is up with GrayShadow there in Silver's story screenshots? Translation, anyone?

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

Neo Chaotikal wrote:Alright, so what is up with GrayShadow there in Silver's story screenshots? Translation, anyone?
That would be Mephiles in his non-charged form I believe.

Also, for those who want the raw pictures, we're ripping them here

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

That might be old future shadow.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

SegaSonic wrote:That might be old future shadow.
US site wrote:This black hedgehog seems to be an even match for Sonic except that his body doesn't age and he can't be killed.

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=114

Page translated for your viewing pleasure

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

FlashTHD wrote:
SegaSonic wrote:That might be old future shadow.
US site wrote:This black hedgehog seems to be an even match for Sonic except that his body doesn't age and he can't be killed.
So with that translation we know its in fact Mephiles who lets Silver know of Sonic's time whereabouts?

Why does he look like a Shadow recolor in those shots I wonder? And why do Blaze and Silver trust him? maybe they dont know who he is?

Psychobob5

Post by Psychobob5 »

According to OCB Mephiles was Silvers mentor in the future, and he was the one who sent Silver back in time. I guess OCB nailed that one on the head, yet again. Funny how people laughed at that news story when reported on SN, the story which people have now accepted as SEGA slowly drip feeds information we already know.

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

Psychobob5 wrote:According to OCB Mephiles was Silvers mentor in the future, and he was the one who sent Silver back in time. I guess OCB nailed that one on the head, yet again. Funny how people laughed at that news story when reported on SN, the story which people have now accepted as SEGA slowly drip feeds information we already know.
Usually in this community if you pull one bit of false info or hoax, dispite your previous track record, it ruins your credibility alltogether, which is why so many people refuse to believe OCB until it comes down to the wire, and why so many people never believe CulT (Sonic Xtreme anyone?).

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Shadow is split in two after his ears are raped by Cheese, and the traumatized half becomes Mephiles.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

What I'm trying to figure out is why Mephiles would actively help Silver, if he's supposed to be the badguy. Maybe he just wants Silver to kill Sonic for him, so Iblis can be released (ironically causing everything Silver'd been trying to prevent).

Why he wouldn't just do it himself, then, I have no idea.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I'm intrigued by the fact SEGA keep threatening to have Blaze "throw off her cape" when fighting. I mean, as far as I can tell, aren't her cape and shirt all part of the same garment?

Maybe she'll throw it off and Silver will make a comment about her "underendowed chest".

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

It seems she has a cape we havent seen yet...what color could it be I wonder.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Sazpaimon wrote:Usually in this community if you pull one bit of false info or hoax, dispite your previous track record, it ruins your credibility alltogether.
That's not exactly a phenomenon exclusive to the Sonic community, Saz! ;)

Thanks a ton for the site rips, though... I can never get that Sonic japanese site to work right for me. And I don't think my life would have been complete without seeing more of creepy giganto Sonic:

http://link.man-ma.de/sweb/?dcnt=Dusty%20Desert%203.jpg

It kind of looks like you'll be carrying her in-level, doesn't it? I wonder how that will work? It's not like Sonic could do a homing attack with her in his arms... or could he? I'm sure it would be very amusing visually!

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

Esrever wrote:
Sazpaimon wrote:Usually in this community if you pull one bit of false info or hoax, dispite your previous track record, it ruins your credibility alltogether.
That's not exactly a phenomenon exclusive to the Sonic community, Saz! ;)
Actually I've found some other communties (like the Mario community for example) MUCH more forgiving than the Sonic community.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Sazpaimon wrote:
Psychobob5 wrote:According to OCB Mephiles was Silvers mentor in the future, and he was the one who sent Silver back in time. I guess OCB nailed that one on the head, yet again. Funny how people laughed at that news story when reported on SN, the story which people have now accepted as SEGA slowly drip feeds information we already know.
Usually in this community if you pull one bit of false info or hoax, dispite your previous track record, it ruins your credibility alltogether, which is why so many people refuse to believe OCB until it comes down to the wire, and why so many people never believe CulT (Sonic Xtreme anyone?).
That's called a "reputation". If you purposely trash your own reputation, well, that's entirely your fault when you've actually got legitimate information and you can't get people to believe you.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

This site has pictures of all Bosses (even the last one) and all Badniks.

http://www.planete-sonic.com/jeux/fiche ... g-a584.htm

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

SegaSonic wrote:It seems she has a cape we havent seen yet...what color could it be I wonder.
I vote razzmatazz.

WW

Post by WW »

Razzmatazz?

What the hell is razzmatazz?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

X-E for the win. Man, I haven't been to that site in ages, though. Should check it out... his halloween articles are always pretty good.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Spindash at Sonic CulT posted a few megatons of impressions from attending the Digital Life event in NYC. For starters, the XBL demo apparently WAS a hack job edit of an E3 build, and Wildfire will be the last time we have to put up with 4Kids thanks to a lovely little expired contract. Dig in.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Is there any confirmation that 4Kids wont be dubbing future games or are people just making the assumption that their contract wont be renewed? If so I mean that's completely baseless, I doubt Sega want to go out of their way to create inconsistency by hiring yet another new cast.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

True, but with Sonic X done for, there'd be no reason to continue to use them, really.