Sonic the Hedgehog demo on XBL Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Zeta wrote:True, but with Sonic X done for, there'd be no reason to continue to use them, really.
Other than the fact they've been in what, 4 or 5 games now and are already solidified as the official Sonic game cast? Yeah, perhaps the original reason they brought them in was for consistency with Sonic X but that doesn't mean they're just going to toss them now that Sonic X is over...that's just wishful thinking, unless there's other evidence suggesting this.

I mean what reasons do Sega have to get rid of them? Fan complaints? Do you honestly think they give a shit?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

James McGeachie wrote:Is there any confirmation that 4Kids wont be dubbing future games or are people just making the assumption that their contract wont be renewed? If so I mean that's completely baseless, I doubt Sega want to go out of their way to create inconsistency by hiring yet another new cast.
This info came from a rep he spoke to at the show. Granted, a rep, but everything else there that sounded like it came from a rep makes sense for once.
I mean what reasons do Sega have to get rid of them? Fan complaints? Do you honestly think they give a shit?
Contracts are contracts. It would be cheaper to not have to go look for another new cast or re-hire the old actors, but you have to admit, the whiners pushing petitions and boycotts have been pretty loud and determined about it.

Well, no point arguing it. It'll either happen or it won't.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Keep in mind the Sonic X actors all record in NYC. Convenient for a frequent episode basis? Yes, that totally outweighs the importance of games that come out about once a year. But with the series gone, games being produced in California probably won't see Big Apple actors as a big convenience any more.

And the fans? Maybe, but let's also remember that Drummond wanted blood when he was canned. He was very passionate about being the voice of a character as iconic as Sonic, and say what you will about his acting, actually gave a shit about it.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Is there a Sonic Team in NY or did Sonic Team had to travel to them?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Are the actors actually licensed through 4Kids? It might be cheaper for SEGA to just cobble together another voice cast of its own rather than stick to continuity of a finished show. That's all. Not to mention working with relative unknowns has to be more flexible than getting together a team of (relative) professionals . . .

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

And the fans? Maybe, but let's also remember that Drummond wanted blood when he was canned. He was very passionate about being the voice of a character as iconic as Sonic, and say what you will about his acting, actually gave a shit about it.
And he was getting pretty good at it, too. He's told horror stories about Sega's shitty voice director (they are given a script with nothing but their characters lines - nobody elses, so they have no concept of who's in the scene with them or even what the motivation is), and when you consider those circumstances? He did really well. The original Sonic Adventure was the only game that was completely unlistenable in english. SA2 and Heroes... I prefered Japanese, but I didn't feel offended to have it on English VA.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I liked SA, Some of the best lines done by the original cast are on SA.

I wish the 4KIDS VA's would've gone after Shadow the Hedgehog. Now Sth will be torn with their voice acting, exept for the people who dont care about voice actors and or love 4KIDS to death because theyve been brain washed. We can get better quality Anime in US, it doesnt have to be with those Rotten 4KIDS.

America thinks toons are for kids, then answer me this, if they are for kids why are they made by adults? makes no sense!

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Neither do you. ZING

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

FlashTHD wrote:Neither do you. ZING
Huh? who was that aimed for? and what is it supposed to mean?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

He implied that you make no sense SegaSonic.

(...)

Post by (...) »

FlashTHD wrote:For starters, the XBL demo apparently WAS a hack job edit of an E3 build
Told you so :smile:

Not that it matters anyway. OCB says the final build is a trainwreck anyway.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

(...) wrote:Not that it matters anyway. OCB says the final build is a trainwreck anyway.
Wrong.
Three weeks ago he wrote:Around the world, there are around 120 people testing Sonic Next. SOE have been given 4 weeks to test the game. Last time i saw it, you could walk on walls, the final boss wasn't complete, it crashed every 20 minutes and it took about 4 minutes to load. That was 2 weeks ago.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

SegaSonic wrote:America thinks toons are for kids, then answer me this, if they are for kids why are they made by adults? makes no sense!
You seriously think that kids have the abilities to design, write and animate a cartoon series?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

America thinks toons are for kids, then answer me this, if they are for kids why are they made by adults? makes no sense!
You're a fucking moron.

WW

Post by WW »

Zeta wrote:You're a fucking moron.
Stop being so generous.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

People, calm down.
It's SegaSonic.
Of course he's a fucking moron. No matter how many teeny steps of progress he might seem to almost sort of make here and there, he's still going to be an idiot, now and for the forseeable future. Don't go expecting him to "make sense" or "string together words to make a coherent sentence". It's not what he does.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Forza Johnman wrote:He implied that you make no sense SegaSonic.
And that is MY JOB!!!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

And you and SegaSonic both need help with the English language. And your pointless capitalization.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

As long as we're ragging on individual members, the second half of your post is a sentence fragment, Tsuyoshi.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

You guys are mean! There are LOTS of great cartoons made entirely by children. Haven't you ever been to Newgrounds?

</sarcasm>

OSM

Post by OSM »

Locit wrote:People, calm down.
It's SegaSonic.
Of course he's a fucking moron. No matter how many teeny steps of progress he might seem to almost sort of make here and there, he's still going to be an idiot, now and for the forseeable future. Don't go expecting him to "make sense" or "string together words to make a coherent sentence". It's not what he does.
God I'm tearing right now.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I have actually suspected for a while that maybe English isn't SegaSonic's first language.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Correct!

Me no speak English.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

So... what, then? I don't think it's spanish.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

こんにちは、私はSEGASONIC であり、また日本語を、私する音波のゲームの多くを話す。