Sonic the Hedgehog demo on XBL Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Tweaker

Post by Tweaker »

Zeta wrote:
Anyway, back on the present point, so Shadow has a link to a demon, aswell as aliens, scientists and hedgehogs.
Yes, he's a hedgehog gentically engineered with alien DNA who is possesed by a demon. That's the most ridiculous character idea ever. What's next? Will we find out that Shadow is also a elf prince werewolf vampire wizard cowboy cyborg alien demon science experiment from 2,000 years in the future sent back in time to replace Jesus by God?
Fuck, I lol'd.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

You forgot ninja pirate from another dimension.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

...who is indeed Sonic's father.

OSM

Post by OSM »

Menander wrote:
Forza Johnman wrote: Dying, he told his daughter never to cry, for if she did, the Iblis would be set free.
The Duke did not think this through very well.
pms must be a bitch for her

Neo

Post by Neo »

Princesses don't have vaginas, do they?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Ah, Shadow. "You were a man, who was a boy..."

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zeta wrote:
Anyway, back on the present point, so Shadow has a link to a demon, aswell as aliens, scientists and hedgehogs.
Yes, he's a hedgehog gentically engineered with alien DNA who is possesed by a demon. That's the most ridiculous character idea ever. What's next? Will we find out that Shadow is also a elf prince werewolf vampire wizard cowboy cyborg alien demon science experiment from 2,000 years in the future sent back in time to replace Jesus by God?
That might actually make it better.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Omni Hunter wrote:Anyway, back on the present point, so Shadow has a link to a demon, aswell as aliens, scientists and hedgehogs.
Suddenly, Silver is looking pretty good right now.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicnext/ ... /index.php

updated with so much stuff its not even funny.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Silver lives light years in the future
wot?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I just built a time machine, myself. Only planning on going back a few meters, though.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Sonic IS huge jesus. Go into gameplay>features>realistic world and check out his size compared to the woman sitting on the bench. And while you're at it go into story>characters and check out Eggman his proportions are equally ridiculous.

Vehicles is clearly the most interesting section though.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

b_boult wrote:Sonic IS huge jesus.
viewtopic.php?t=1789

yes, we were trying to figure that out, In the screenshots people and I provided in that topic, it clearly shows Sonic is still 3''6', Remember that on the first movies it showed Sonic running around people and he looked like a 4"8' tall giant. however in the recient videos he looks 3 feet tall compared to humans who tower him.

It was cleary stupid to make him that big, could they've changed him back to 3 feet height and realized their mistake? or are they messing with us?

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Why do you care how tall Sonic is? His character size has never been consistent over the years.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yes, but this time it got ridiculous...

besides you got better things to do, I do not.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Man. I'd pegged a fair share of leaked documents as fake because they sounded like extremely poorly written fanfic. But look, the official storyline and character profiles read exactly the same way, complete with idiotic plot points and incompetent grammar.

I guess "even a Sonic game couldn't be that poorly done" just isn't a valid line of reasoning anymore.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Esrever wrote:I guess "even a Sonic game couldn't be that poorly done" just isn't a valid line of reasoning anymore.
I knew I smelt overstressing.

I'm not seeing the problem with the story that everybody else is. It's shaping up to be at least decent from what i've read. (I've decided not to peek at the script leaks for once.) Having come off of Heroes and Shadow, i'll take whatever deep and reasonably coherent story they can come up with graciously.

Hey, that page goes to 404land now. Think Sega let off a lil' too much again?

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I think the biggest surprise is that the design document is dated February 2002.

This game doesn't say much for Sonic Team if it really has been in development for four years.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

FlashTHD wrote: I'm not seeing the problem with the story that everybody else is. It's shaping up to be at least decent from what i've read.
You probably didn't read my new favourite run-on sentence.
The disaster critically wounded Elise's father, Duke Soleanna, though before he died, he begged his daughter never to cry for the key to unleashing the great force is Elise's tears and despair.

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

big_smile wrote:I think the biggest surprise is that the design document is dated February 2002.

This game doesn't say much for Sonic Team if it really has been in development for four years.
Seeing as some of the bios seem to be based off of Heroes, it doesn't suprise me that they simply used their old Heroes document and edited from there.

Also, http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=113

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Congratulations on posting some information that wasn't imaginary, Saz! You were bound to do it sooner or later. ;)

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

But neither Heroes nor Sonic X were out until 03, and Blaze wasn't even a concept (as far as we know), and they're all referenced in the document. We could be looking at a list that was updated a few times, but the fact that the date is all 2s (2002/02/02) may indicate that some guy just slapped the 2 button to get past a required field when filling out the form.

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

Frieza2000 wrote:But neither Heroes nor Sonic X were out until 03, and Blaze wasn't even a concept (as far as we know), and they're all referenced in the document. We could be looking at a list that was updated a few times, but the fact that the date is all 2s (2002/02/02) may indicate that some guy just slapped the 2 button to get past a required field when filling out the form.
They could have updated the script without bothering to change the date you know (other pages appear to have a correct date, example :"SONIC: Character voice March recording 2006/03/14~19")

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

Frieza2000 wrote:We could be looking at a list that was updated a few times,

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

This is why you don't post when you're drinking folks