Sweet Sweet Sweet Remix · Boblbe-E Carry Case

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sweet Sweet Sweet Remix · Boblbe-E Carry Case

Post by big_smile »

Sweet Sweet Sweet Remix
:FJ: Sonic 2 ending theme remix from Akon and Dreams Come True

Dreams Come True is to collaborate with US rapper Akon to produce a remix of Sweet Sweet Sweet, which was the ending theme of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. The remixed song will be appropriately titled 'Sweet Sweet Sweet-06 Akon Mix'. The remix is part of Sega’s celebrations for Sonic’s 15th Anniversary.

The press release announcing the collaboration doesn’t translate too well, so it isn’t clear if the remix will be released separately or included within the game.

The press release can be found here, which also includes some comments from Masato Nakamura.

Sonic Anniversary Carry Case
:FJ: Commemorative product from Sega Direct

Sega Direct have teamed up with Boblbe-E to produce a stylish Sonic carry case. The item is in celebration of Sonic’s 15th anniversary.

Featuring a simple but iconic design, the product can carry a range of items, including an Apple i-pod or a DS-lite.

Image Image Image

More images and information can be found at Sega Direct.

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Poor judgement to use that belt. Especially in the bottom left picture.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

Lizard wrote:Poor judgement to use that belt. Especially in the bottom left picture.
so that's what that was.
also anybody else getting sick of all the crap sonic team is doing for sonic's 15th aniversery?

Neo

Post by Neo »

Not really. They used to do much worse stuff years ago when they didn't even celebrate Sonic's anniversary.

OSM

Post by OSM »

Whoa, sweet sweet sweet is back?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Anyone noticed that other section that shows a guy with headphones and working oncomputer?

what is it?

I translated this from the question answer section it has.

With "the クリエイターズインタビュー" corner, we collect the question to the chestnut thornback tar which in the future is wanted appearing! Answering to below-mentioned question, if you push "the verification" button and problem are not pushing "the transmission" button, please send. (* Please be sure to enter either one of Q1 or Q2.)
Some story of the person of some service would like to hear, is? (It limits to the sonic authorized personnel) Because (example) ' the shadow the hedgehog ' the background the parenthesis was good, production anecdote and the like of the person who takes charge of the background would like to hear, is.
If the person who desires interview is, entry.
If there is question to that chestnut thornback tar, entry.

aint this the coolest cover or what? cept for the fact those other character are behind. Tails looks awesome, I only wish Archie did this kind of Art back then. *cough*andkilledofallthosefreedomlosers*cough*

OSM

Post by OSM »

SegaSonic wrote:Image
Seeing that cover makes me wish they'd bring back the old looks. Goddamn that looks awesome.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

SegaSonic wrote:*cough*andkilledofallthosefreedomlosers*cough*
Hey. Hey. Rotor, Bunny and Antione were hot; I'd much rather have them over any of the characters Sonic Team has made over these past 11 years.

Not Sally, though. She has a flaccid cervix.

OSM

Post by OSM »

Holy fuck. That's badass. Archie Robotnik had the best look and design.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

What are the Sonic the Hedgehog Archives?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/209/

Just the old Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics slapped together.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You mean they're finally getting TPBs? It's about damn time.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Four issues per book? That's pretty weak. Especially considering how long it will take to get past the slapstick stuff.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

OSM wrote:
Holy fuck. That's badass. Archie Robotnik had the best look and design.
That Robotnik was just a mutation from the AoSTH Robotnik America wanted us to swallow.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Gah, that Eggman design sucked. Ever since he became more streamlined like the US version over in our shores, I was turned off completely.

I mean, he used to be rotund, squat and have evil dark pits for eyes, suddently he's dressed up like a badguy from batman and resembles one of those weebles.

Worst redesign ever, in my book.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Omni Hunter wrote:Gah, that Eggman design sucked. Ever since he became more streamlined like the US version over in our shores, I was turned off completely.

I mean, he used to be rotund, squat and have evil dark pits for eyes, suddently he's dressed up like a badguy from batman and resembles one of those weebles.

Worst redesign ever, in my book.
I guess they thought Oshima wasnt creative enough...we even as kids weren't dumb, we could see Eggman's real design while playing the games, such as S&K plus Sonic 1's NO WAY special stage screen.

If any of you became a fan of Sonic through the comics or show, I feel sorry for you.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

None of those pictures actually work for me. Are we talking about:

AoSTH Robotnik, (With the round shoulder pads and the stripes leading to the circle)which was used in Sonic the Comic as well.

SatAM Robotnik (With the cape and the robot ears and arms and the thin mousatche and the triangular shoulder pads)

Either way I agree that they just don't look as good as Sega Robotnik. I loved the Sonic 3D opening story cards when you could see all the little details. The two triangles made a little cape behind his head and cufflinks and ears. I didn't see any Sega Robotnik art before Sonic 3D.

Mind you, Richard Elson did make AoSTH Robotnik look good.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Funny how ARCHIE is the one that does the homage with Sonic's original Oshima design.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I preffered the original Eggman from the early STCs I guess.
But yes, Elson was a kickass artist, he could make any character look pretty decent and serious.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What about Spaz? whos Elson?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Richard Elson. Rather good artist who worked on <i>Sonic the Comic</i>.

I recall getting one issue of the <i>SA1</i> adaption. I've gotta admit, he didn't really change Sonic's style much for it, despite him having a radical design change in other media. Nor Eggman's, for that matter, who STILL looked like AoStH Eggman, but this time in his <i>SA1</i> suit. An odd mix. Otherwise I generally liked his work... better than the absolute crap Mike McMahon put out. (To illustrate, imagine a <i>Sonic</i> comic drawn as if the European <i>Sonic 3D</i> boxart ACCURATELY depicted Sonic's face, and if all the furries in the world weren't actually furries, but human beings with their heads chopped off and replaced with animal heads. It's really, really awful.)

CM August

Post by CM August »

So many coloring and modeling errors. Archie is the neverending disgrace to all Sonic continuities, SatAM most of all.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

SegaSonic wrote:What about Spaz? whos Elson?
Let's put it this way, this is Elson's itteration of Super Sonic.

Seeing panels like that makes me realise how much I missed those stc days. He still looks better than most of the versions of Super Sonic these days too.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I liked how bat-shit insane Super Sonic was in Sonic the Comic. That made it far more interesting in comparison to the Super Sonic stuff in Archie's shitty comic, which was primarily used as deux ex machina material.