Sweet Sweet Sweet Remix · Boblbe-E Carry Case

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Richard Elson is one of my all time favourite cartoonists. His Sonic the Comic work was amazing. I really, really wish they'd get some trade paperbacks published somehow.

Nigel Dobbyn was pretty damn great on the Knuckles (and to a lesser extent Super Sonic) features too.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I like his art style, however the evil Super Sonic concept seems odd.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It IS odd, but if you ignore its deus ex machina context in the games (nowadays, anyway) it worked pretty well. Although, when I started reading the comic so many years ago, Sonic and Super had already separated (that whole "Super is stuck in Special Zone" arc with Lord Sidewinder and such), so I never got to see Sonic turn into him very much.

Hmm, I wonder how much better the games' stories would be if they adopted some of the ideas the West came up with in the comics? Evil Super Sonic, maybe let the Freedom Fighters (well, the main cast, and those who aren't main characters in the game anyway) get a splitsecond cameo... Not ALL the ideas, of course, generally only the ones that are actually GOOD... although some of those bad ideas might be better than "Amy and Tails are turned into cards! Sonic chases down Eggman because of it!".

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

An ebil Sonic, quite a nice concept...Hmm, but if it undergoes futher I want him to look like this. Probably one of the coolest episodes in the new season Sonic X.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Nigel Kitching and the STC staff were given the official Sonic origin that Sega of Europe were using at the time (which itself originated from the USA). In that story Doctor Kintobor was using the Chaos Emeralds to suck the evil out of the world, but there was a mishap and he was transformed into the evil Doctor Robotnik. This story was adapted into the comic book. Thus it was only logical that Super Sonic should be uncontrollable and evil, since he is powered by the evil-filled Chaos Emeralds.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Nigel Kitching and the STC staff were given the official Sonic origin that Sega of Europe were using at the time (which itself originated from the USA). In that story Doctor Kintobor was using the Chaos Emeralds to suck the evil out of the world, but there was a mishap and he was transformed into the evil Doctor Robotnik. This story was adapted into the comic book. Thus it was only logical that Super Sonic should be uncontrollable and evil, since he is powered by the evil-filled Chaos Emeralds.
I see, quite a chaotic story...geez, who came up with all this stuff, I mean seriously.

Man, those people always need Logic, always need meaning, its a blue hedgehog for goodness sake.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I liked Dark Super Sonic in Sonic X. He had this great giggle.

The whole evil Super Sonic concept isn't completly out of the box (now) especially there being positive and negative energy in the Chaos Emeralds.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

The thing here is that Chaos Emeralds have a balance, neither good or evil, but the person controlling them has the choce of using good or evil, I guess thats what happened in SA1, Chaos absorbed the Negative energy while Sonic absorbed the positive, am I correct?

Those emeralds in Sonic X were made purely negative by the Metarex and thus Sonic turned into Dark Sonic or whatever he is called...that is why when Sonic arrived at that place filled with Dark Emeralds he shivered and felt uncomfortable...however, he didnot use them directly..I think Sonic has some kind of special bond with the Emeralds and Rings, this is a secret yet to be explained by Sonic team, posibly it will be revealed in STH.

Sonic X really needed an infobook.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I heard that the third season (second series in Japan) of Sonic X, despite being much less faithful to the games, was much better than the earlier episodes. Is this true?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Was that third "season" even aired in Japan? I was under the impression that Sonic X flopped over there and the lattermost 26 episodes were created specifically for foreign markets.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It still hasn't aired over there, but Japanese versions of the episodes were produced. Isn't that weird? Apparently they are floating around on Chinese VCDs.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I heard that the third season (second series in Japan) of Sonic X, despite being much less faithful to the games, was much better than the earlier episodes. Is this true?
It had Sonic helping a plant alien fight evil cyborg plant aliens in space. Weirdest idea ever.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

On a few Japanese forums, there was speculation that the third series of Sonic X would air once Sega’s other animation, Mushi King ended its run, although there hasn’t been anything official to support this.

There were rumours of Heavy and Bomb being revived for the third season. Were the rumors true? ^_^

WW

Post by WW »

No.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Esrever wrote:I heard that the third season (second series in Japan) of Sonic X, despite being much less faithful to the games, was much better than the earlier episodes. Is this true?
It was better than the Adventure tie in, but not better than the very first episodes. Although opinions differ, it was a weird story and what do you mean they havent aired in Japan? I though they did already!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

SegaSonic wrote:I like his art style, however the evil Super Sonic concept seems odd.
To back up CP's point, it's much better to have an unstable element to someone like Supersonic, rather than having him come along and kick someones ass at any old time. Plus you can't have the heroes looking for the emeralds/shards all the time.

This is probably my most favourite Supersonic panel by Elson though.

As for Dobbyn, I loved his softer style.

As for Sonic X, whatever season it's on, I couldn't really care. Lacking Sky means I only get re-runs whenever they eventually come along.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I really wish all of Sonic X was as good as the first episode. :/

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

It shouldve ended in Episode 16 was it? when Sonic turned Super for the first time?

the adventure tie in was useless.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

It was episode 26 when Sonic turned Super for the first time. After episode 52 the episodes are made by the same animators, but the scriptwriters and the money to pay the making of the episodes are from France; That why the first third season episodes we could get on da net where French.

So, the japanese Sonic X ended in episode 52

53 and forward are French episodes that where later translated into English.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Who the hell would hire a French company to write the story for an anime?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

This is probably my most favourite Supersonic panel by Elson though.
Tail's brain is straining to be free.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

That's my only problem with the panel, Tails looks about 80 years old.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Arcade wrote:It was episode 26 when Sonic turned Super for the first time. After episode 52 the episodes are made by the same animators, but the scriptwriters and the money to pay the making of the episodes are from France; That why the first third season episodes we could get on da net where French.

So, the japanese Sonic X ended in episode 52

53 and forward are French episodes that where later translated into English.
Um, the french had nothing to do with the production of Sonic X. They simply had it available to them earlier. The new season aired in Thailand, by all known accounts, first. I suppose we should suspect <b>they</b> were also involved in production? Also, Japanese scripts of several episodes were made available on japanese auction sites long before the annoucement of a French airing date.

I suggest you get your facts straight before you spread false information.

CE

Post by CE »

What IS Amy Rose staring at? She's facing the completely wrong direction to be staring at Super Sonic.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

He's taken her by suprise, so she's just caught him at the corner of her eye. He literally just came down from the Floating Island.