Sonic Next-Gen - 30 new screens - Shadow not in car shocker!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

But if the boss character is a crystally Hedgehog... crystal is a form of glass, right? Well, what happens when you shine light through colored glass? The light becomes the same color as the glass.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Wait, he's made of crystal? Fuck knows then.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

He's also suppose to have a complicated name that starts with an "M" or something.

I'm speculating that the crystal 'hog is a shapeshifter and is taking on the form of Shadow in these screenshots. No, I don't mean the Shadow we're seeing is actually Mr. "M" here, that would be stupid. No, I'm saying the crystal hedgehog is shaping himself to look like Shadow. Of course, being made of blue crystals, he can't look exactly like Shadow, but he remotely can.

Nah. For all we know, he could be alternate reality Shadow... created by Prof. Gerald Nega. I'll wait for more details. Yeah, that'll do.

Knux Chao

Post by Knux Chao »

Figure I should throw in my two cents on this.
BlazeHedgehog wrote:I don't think that's the case. I think in that screenshot, Shadow doesn't have a shadow. The crystally boss dude is floating over his head, creating a shadow beneath Shadow.

Sonic doesn't have a shadow in this screenshot, for example.

No shadow in this one, either.
If it was just once I might be inclined to believe that, but in two different shots?

Also, I don't think there's anything significant behind the missing shadows in other pictures. Even in this set, there's some with shadows and some without. They're probably still tweaking them to get 'em to work right.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Wow, imagine if that boss pulls a Dark Falz on us, where you have to run for your life but he gets you anyway.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Knux Chao wrote:Figure I should throw in my two cents on this.
BlazeHedgehog wrote:I don't think that's the case. I think in that screenshot, Shadow doesn't have a shadow. The crystally boss dude is floating over his head, creating a shadow beneath Shadow.

Sonic doesn't have a shadow in this screenshot, for example.

No shadow in this one, either.
If it was just once I might be inclined to believe that, but in two different shots?

Also, I don't think there's anything significant behind the missing shadows in other pictures. Even in this set, there's some with shadows and some without. They're probably still tweaking them to get 'em to work right.
Shadow's pose in your second screenshot doesn't match the shadow that's on the ground. Infact, it doesn't in both shots.

Shot 1: Shadow is in mid-run, one of his fists is half clenched. The shadow on the ground has both his arms and legs out, palms open.

Shot 2: Shadow pulls back for some sort of energy strike. Fists glenched, arms together, turned to one side. The shadow on the ground appears to have both arms pointing outwards, and upwards, again, open palms.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

The New guy just turns into a Shadow like the Shadow Heartless and Neo Shadows in KH.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

SegaSonic wrote:The New guy just turns into a Shadow like the Shadow Heartless and Neo Shadows in KH.
Or... King Boom Boo, which predates Kingdom Hearts by several years?

Or maybe he doesn't turn in to a Shadow at all, and instead, he's just directly above Shadow in both those shots?

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

SegaSonic wrote:The New guy just turns into a Shadow like the Shadow Heartless and Neo Shadows in KH.
Or... a lot of things, seeing as living/independent or evil shadows or a person turning into a shadow is a really old idea?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

yeah exactly, its not that big a deal.

His whole trowing balls at you reminds me of Beta.

Beta was cool.

Menander

Post by Menander »

It's also possible that the "shadow" of the guy is just a symbol on the ground in the middle of his arena. I think this because shadow is standing directly on the thing's head in one shot and on his foot in another.

Shadow also looks closer to the lava and such in the second shot, but that's hard to prove from just still images.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:Reading the GAF thread on this makes me want to kill something. Some of those guys are some of the most elitist, snob-nosed pricks I think I've ever seen.
I can't totally hate GAF although I couldn't call many of the people elitist, snob-nosed pricks when they actually like popular, mainstream games like GTA, Halo, Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc. Even some people there like *gasp* Madden. If it wasn't for that MB, I would not have known about some awesome games such as Katamari Damacy, Phoenix Wright, or mostly anything from Atlus, gaming sales, and Perry Bible Fellowship. Plus their photoshops and ripping on VG Cats can be funny.

Hyperbolic and jaded fankids--yeah I see more of that there than them being snobs.

And I dond't think they totally hate on Sonic. I mean the concensus there is that Sonic Wild Fire is looking good. But then who will know what will happen when people will play the full version. XD

Oh and about this game...eh I like the Jungle levels and the fact the Shadow will not be permenantly strapped to an SUV. I give a 'meh' to this Crystalized!Shadow though. And this game still doesn't scream must buy.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Lets see, the new "Hedgie"(Short for Hedgehog?) is called Silver and is suposed to be a playable Character. He is also from the future? how original sega...

Yeah I know, but I saw the name "Silver" in lots of places, but the info could be wrong, like that rumor about playing with the "Metal versions" in Sonic heroes...

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Arcade wrote:like that rumor about playing with the "Metal versions" in Sonic heroes...
That wasn't a rumor, though; hold A + Y while starting a 2P game. Assuming you're playing the GC version, that is. Otherwise, check Google for the other platforms.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Speaking of Heroes, I noticed that the PC version's <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... TF8">going for a fiver</a> on GameStop (I'd link you directly there, but the URL seems to cease working every time I refresh, so GameStop through Amazon'll have to do). Might look into it - I DID rent it before hand on the Xbox many years ago, so I know exactly what I'm getting myself into, but this Torrent I'm going is going painfully slow and I kinda prefer to do things legally, anyway, at least eventually (I know, I'm not much of a pirate).

Besides, I kinda liked it when I originally played it, although I'll admit it still struck me as one of the most flawed games I'd played in a good long time. (Then I played Shadow. Urk.) Not enough to buy it at full price (obviously) but a fiver sounds fair. Better than the price I got on Billy Hatcher, anyway (around $20, along with Mario & Luigi and Skies of Arcadia: Legends with money I had HOPED would go toward a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga until my ever-present parents denied it would happen - still, take a guess at what wound up getting played more).

Not to mention I'm on a cheap-game binge lately. Got <i>Worms</i> for under $20, including S&H (just over $10 excluding). Just picked up <i>Drill Dozer</i> for $10 at Best Buy (guess it was good timing?). This seems like a good opportunity, too.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I'd be wary of Sonic Heroes PC. It's not a very good quality port, as you'd expect. It's puzzling that a game so technically unimpressive runs as sluggish as it does. My computer may be five years old, but Sonic Heroes is, as they say, a glorified Dreamcast game.

What's worse, is, unlike SADX for the PC, Sonic Heroes once again forces you to pick a framerate from a list rather than have it dynamically adjust it's framerate to suit your hardware. This means if you pick a framerate above what your PC supports, you get slowdown. Lots of slowdown.

I basically have to keep mine locked at 30fps. Plus, I pirated it, and the pirated copy is even worse - whoever ripped it didn't bother to rip it properly, with copy protection information intact, so you basically have to have the entire 1gb game on your HDD at all times.

I eventually just picked up the Gamecube version off Ebay for $7. Runs smoother and is far less hassle to deal with. Rather than worry about going through the lengthy and shitty process to install the game and restore my save every time I want to play it, I just stick the disc in my Gamecube and go.

Infact, my experiences with the PC version of Sonic Heroes kind of epitomizes everything I hate about PC gaming nowadays. Needing to have up-to-spec hardware, dealing with installations and harddrive space. It's such a pain in the ass.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, I've tried out the demo on an older computer, so I know about that problem, the whole "can't customize your keyboard keys" problem (thankfully I have an Xbox 360 pad instead), et al., but this computer is fairly recent (AMD Athlon X2 3800+, single GeForce 7600 GT, 1GB RAM, etc.) so there shouldn't be <i>that</i> big an issue... I might try the demo out again just in case, though. After all, this is Sega we're talking about; their games aren't exactly as optimized as, say, Valve's or Epic's, whose games I could run on the highest settings at the highest resolution possible and get really good framerates. (I'd get better with a 7900 GT, but never mind that.)

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

There's a new Sonic the Hedgehog preview at Games Radar.

Most notably it seems to suggest there may be some Sonic CD-esque elements with the game apparently taking place in different time periods.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I think that was confirmed at E3. Silver's first level appears to take place during the apocalypse that he goes back in time to prevent.

FlashTHD-forgottologin

Post by FlashTHD-forgottologin »

Sonic the Hedgehog - Is old Blue's first 360 outing a faster-piece or a disaster-piece?
Gag senses were tingling from the moment that appeared on the titlr bar.

How the hell is it that previews for this game get worse and worse as time goes? I'd want to read the Gamepro preview again over that steaming shlock.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Argh! The GUN robots again. I got sick of those guys really fast in Sonic Adventure 2.

Sonic_Team

Post by Sonic_Team »

Hey, why is rivals getting badniks and this game isnt it boggles the mind!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Argh! The GUN robots again. I got sick of those guys really fast in Sonic Adventure 2.
Those Are Eggman's, not GUN's. the look similar though.
its because they think the old games were for kids and they also think Handhelds are for kids. they want to compete with GTA and other mature titles while leaving the cheaply made handheld games "childlish".

Sonic ruled in the past because Oshima THE CREATOR of sonic had the control, but since hes gone new people were allowed to fuck the idea that is Sonic The hedgehog, by adding part of their dark, murky and nasty heart to the games.

Not to mention all the people who stupified his image in American and Europe by creating piece of crap cartoons and comics that many people tend to remember more than the games (Japanese Sonic). and Now 4KIDS FUBAR sonic in America!!

Sonic is an awesome creation that everyone wants to damage.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

SegaSonic wrote:
Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Argh! The GUN robots again. I got sick of those guys really fast in Sonic Adventure 2.
Those Are Eggman's, not GUN's. the look similar though.
its because they think the old games were for kids and they also think Handhelds are for kids. they want to compete with GTA and other mature titles while leaving the cheaply made handheld games "childlish".

Sonic ruled in the past because Oshima THE CREATOR of sonic had the control, but since hes gone new people were allowed to fuck the idea that is Sonic The hedgehog, by adding part of their dark, murky and nasty heart to the games.

Not to mention all the people who stupified his image in American and Europe by creating piece of crap cartoons and comics that many people tend to remember more than the games (Japanese Sonic). and Now 4KIDS FUBAR sonic in America!!

Sonic is an awesome creation that everyone wants to damage.
I keep and keep saying that Sonic is crap since Oshima left Sega, but that wont change the fact that he will never return to Sega, unless someone(You know who) dies...

OUT of topic PS:

http://stc-archive.gue-network.com/

"Sonic The Comic" the best official Sonic comic ever made

http://www.stconline.co.uk/

"Sonic the comic online" a fanwork of great quality, so good its sometimes confused with the original “Sonic the Comicâ€￾

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

In my opinion, Sonic the comic is just another messy comic.

the animal friends as human bodied friends?

Super Sonic a villian?

the origins of Sonic saying he was a brown hedgehog and other stupid info.

and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff, including cone head Eggman.

I mean come on, anyone can create something better than this.

for example.

http://www.soniccomic.co.uk/
Last edited by SegaSonic on Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.