New PSU details in Famitsu

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Why don't YOU go be his girlfriend, Del?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

In my experience, you become uninterested in everything that does not immediately relate to the girl.

But I got hit pretty hard.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Segaholic2 wrote:Why don't YOU go be his girlfriend, Del?
Ew. He has <i>cooties</i>.
G.Silver wrote:In my experience, you become uninterested in everything that does not immediately relate to the girl.

Yeah, being in love and having a girlfriend aren't always the same thing. *cough*

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Oh man, don't even get me started.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
For the record, by the by, I've never played Phantasy Star Online.
It's too late now. That was a "you had to be there" sort of thing. As much as I loved the 200 whatever hours I spent with it, I don't look back on it with any special fondness. Truth be told, I'm having a rather difficult time trying to be interested in this new one (though that is becoming par for the course).
I'm pretty much the opposite. I think PSO remains the only game I became thoroughly addicted to; the endless cycle of self-betterment sucked me in like no other MMORPG has even come close to managing, which is strange, considering how markedly primitive PSO is compared to its 'superiors'. I've gone cold turkey for a couple of years now, but to this day even thinking about PSO gives me a tiny rush. I took genuine satisfaction in having a sexy lil' RAcaseal with a pocket full of S-Ranks, and as a result of that still-lurking dependency, I'm gagging for PSU.

I couldn't care less about the offline game, though.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

G.Silver wrote:In my experience, you become uninterested in everything that does not immediately relate to the girl.

Ditto'd, even if it was just the once.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

According to Games Are Fun, PSU took the top position of the Japanese all formats chart, pushing Final Fantasy III down to number four.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

That's awesome news, considering the DS's stranglehold on the Japanese market. Of course, it's going to easily take the lead again in three weeks when Pokemon hits, but hey.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Oh, the Japanese will cling onto any online game manically for about 3 months, and then drop it as soon as something else comes out.

No, wait, that's Korea. Japan's the one with the robots.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

big_smile wrote:According to Games Are Fun, PSU took the top position of the Japanese all formats chart, pushing Final Fantasy III down to number four.
Of course FFIII being in fourth place is due to the fact that it's nearly sold out everywhere in Japan. It's pretty crazy seeing 99% of a shipment sold in so little time. I guess S-E though that printing 550,000 copies would be enough to satisfy demand even though the FF franchise is very popular there and it is a full-on remake of a game in the main series available on the hottest item in Japan. =P

I heard that that there is also cart manufacturing issues due to the factories concentrating mainly on Pokemon among other Nintendo hits. This will definately get worse during the holiday season.
Segaholic2 wrote:That's awesome news, considering the DS's stranglehold on the Japanese market. Of course, it's going to easily take the lead again in three weeks when Pokemon hits, but hey.
Heh, I give it one week when New Super Mario Bros.(or FFIII assuming they ordered more copies to be produced) is bumped back to #1 after the unevitable huge drop-off PSU will experience in the following week.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

you know everytime I read an article on PSU, whether it's on 1up or IGN, I feel like they hate it. The guy at IGN dealing with PSU even addmited to hating PSO. I'm not sure he's the right man for the job.