Nintendo Magazine WildFire article: Yojiro Interview

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Gaz wrote:I'm in 2 minds about that title. Part of me thinks it sounds crap yet at the same time I think it suits the storybook setting of the game. I prefered Wild Fire but ultimately the title isn't really that important.
That's what I thought of too as it reminds me of the upcoming Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book.

And yeah, I remember when some people were complaining about the Twilight Princess subtitle for the upcoming Zelda game. However, I absolutely know that would not stop people from purchasing that game.

Post by Guest »

Seems to me, it sounds more like an actual story that would be in the Tales of the Arabian Knights, which fits the theme of the game very well. I like it.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

For the record, the article that was linked removed the name at Sega's request.

I saw it before that happened, though, so it's very much legit that it was <i>there</i>, at any rate. Not that anyone here needs that consolation.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Actually the name we have floating around the office right now is "Sonic and the Secret of the Rings". Pretty much the same thing really, but clunkier.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

New trailer and a new logo--which I think is quite nice.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/5229

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Which, BTW, is closer to OCB's title than the other one (ie: it has "of the" between "Secret" and "Rings").

Actually, it doesn't flow that bad. Not as short and catchy as "Wild Fire", but it's not bad at all.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I like the new logo but I notice it still says "working title". I wonder if they'll end up changing the name again.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Sonic and the Secret "of the" Rings? Mumble grumble.

On the bright side, the game looks much more polished than it did at E3. The way Sonic moved and attacked the enemies flowed pretty well and it didn't seem twitchy like it did in previous footages. Speaking of enemies, there was that plant enemy and that dinosaur at the very end of the trailer too. I wonder if we'll be getting level-exclusive enemies in this game.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Professor Machenstein wrote: On the bright side, the game looks much more polished than it did at E3. .
I dunno, it looked bang on identical to me. It's true the camera wasn't having spasms in this video but they're obviously not going to let that kind of stuff get through in an actual trailer. It's possible the gameplay has actually been tightened up but I'm not too optimistic just now, other than the inclusion of a new forest-esque level (which looks pretty mediocre) everything else in this video was exactly the same as what we'd seen before.

I'm pretty glad the game is a 2007 release actually, it would've probably been easy for them to rush this one out for launch and coincide with the 15th anniversary but it seems they do actually intend on taking their time with it and making a "high quality" title.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yes, I can feel that theyre taking it serious this time, I think Shadow's reviews came in like a stink bomb!

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

James McGeachie wrote:It's true the camera wasn't having spasms in this video but they're obviously not going to let that kind of stuff get through in an actual trailer.
What? Have we actually had a Sonic 360 trailer yet that doesn't show the camera fucking up in one way or another?

This game is the only Sonic title I'm looking forward to out of the mass number of them that are currently in production. The environments look good so far (if a little bland in places), the story seems to be kind of light-hearted again (a welcome break after ShTH) and the control looks tight, even if it does come at somewhat of a cost to exploration ability. They're pushing all the right buttons at the moment with this one.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »