Sega Japan 15th anniversary website celebrations

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

So... did anyone else get all excited and start building one? Those little palm trees are a real bitch to work with, at least at the size they printed at.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I need card stock and ink, but then.....

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

That looks hard, and I can barely make origami boulders.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Oh, hey, I think I found that collection OCB was talking about. Unfortunately, they're only releasing it for consoles with the word "PlayStation" in their name, so I really couldn't give a rat's ass about it.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

That sounds pretty sweet. As long as they aren't as half-assed as the Sonic collections that is.

I'm still kind of hoping for a faithful port of Sonic CD.

So, does Playstation 2 have any Saturn-eqsue controllers? Like the Street Fighter pads but, y'know, cheaper.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Sega released a Saturn PS2 pad in Japan. I don't know how much it would cost to obtain one if you're not in Japan.

Oh, and they probably won't be cheaper. Sorry. The Street Fighter pads were going for $15 at Fry's a while ago.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I've seen a Sega Saturn controller for PS2 at a game store near by me. It was expensive from what I remember.

Post by Guest »

One Classy Bloke wrote:
Majestic Joey wrote:It seems to me sonic has turned into to pac man in the way that his games are going to be ported until the end of time.

I hope that sentence made sense. :confused:
I understood it.

Anyway, this isn't the only port of Sonic 1 we'll be seeing. As there may be another collection of retro Sega games on the way (This one actually looks awesome though).
Wait, is it a port? Or a graphical remake?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

He said "port", so it shouldn't be rocket science to figure it out.

I'll admit a graphical remake would rock (albeit only if it was optional), but it ain't happenin'. Sega's not <i>that</i> smart, lately.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Actually, this is the first i've heard about this new Sonic port. I'm actually looking forward to it too.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Segaholic2 wrote:Sega released a Saturn PS2 pad in Japan. I don't know how much it would cost to obtain one if you're not in Japan.
Was it the 3D pad or the original?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Original. Model 2, I suppose, if you thought of it in western terms; otherwise, the original Japanese controller, not the bulky, clunky one we got first. Came out for Mac/PC, too, but I've got a 360 PC controller right now, so I've not been inclined to order one to see how it is. (360 controller sure makes for a good game of <i>Psychonauts</i>, though.)

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

on the aniversary topic, I peeked at the Sonic X comic today and I guess they are kind of getting into the swing of this too with a sequence where Sonic and friends are whisked away magically to Sonic 1 (OMG Knuckles in Sonic 1!) for a stupidly "close" game adaptation, where it pretty much IS the game, right down to "invisible barriers" closing off boss arenas, rings that "aren't power-ups," and occasional full-on 2D views emulating scenes from the game. I'm sort of impressed with how accurate it is (though the references to the game-like elements are kind of cringey)

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Is it good?

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Do you have any scans? Archie hasn't tried to really emulate stuff directly from the games since the Sonic 3 story 12 years back.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You know, I'm shocked they made a seperate Sonic X comic instead of haphazardly trying to combine Sonic X with the current Archie Mobius. It seems like something they'd do, and it'd be pretty easy what's more - what with the seperate world thingy.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Sonic X differs from the normal Archie Sonicverse in countless ways. Not to say that it isn't already confused and riddled with far too many characters and plot devices, but adding tasteless elements of Sonic X wouldn't make any sense. It'd be like throwing the entire cast of The Phantom Menace into A New Hope.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Senbei wrote:It'd be like throwing the entire cast of The Phantom Menace into A New Hope.
<i>Don't give him any ideas.</i>

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sonic X differs from the normal Archie Sonicverse in countless ways. Not to say that it isn't already confused and riddled with far too many characters and plot devices, but adding tasteless elements of Sonic X wouldn't make any sense. It'd be like throwing the entire cast of The Phantom Menace into A New Hope.
Much like Archie trying to work in the general plots of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, then.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Well, not quite, since the story and characters in the Adventures were plausible for the rather open world of Archie.

What I meant by the Star Wars analogy is that the characters and settings are so radically different that putting them together would make no sense. Like trying to put a square block in a round hole. The case is the same with Sonic X. Sonic Adventure is more like an octogon that fits in the hole, but leaves a bunch of gaps.

But, you could always argue that Archie's plot is down the septic tank anyway, so whatever.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Archie is the STD-ridden whore of the Sonic franchise.