Sonic Channel Updates

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
WW

Post by WW »

I agree with Radrappy.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I can't. Looks too unnatural.

That said, I don't want some of Archie's meticulously detailed foot artwork to show up, either, so I propose a middle ground; they have toes and feet that generally conform to the correct shape of a bare foot, but the artwork nevertheless remains cartoony and not particularly detailed (e.g.: we don't need to see toe-nails, nor every individual curve, muscle and vein on the foot, etc.).

I mean, honestly, most cartoon, manga, anthro, funny animal, somewhat more realistic animal etc. artists that I've seen can do it just fine. What's stopping Sega?

Also this dA image is surprisingly relevant. I've been half-tempted to bring up the issue in a separate topic, but I decided that, really, it's way, way WAY too miniscule a detail for most people to give a rat's ass.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Eggman Nigga should be dressed as a pimp.
He at least needs gold incisors.

WW

Post by WW »

Shadow Hog, the person who drew that pic is obviously a furfag. And Sonic looking "unnatural" made me laugh out loud.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Gold incisors are yesterday news. Teeth Spinnaz are the new hotness.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well yes, it's pretty silly to argue about it, when you consider he's a giant blue hedgehog who runs around on two legs and talks. I just think it's possible to add toes without getting it as bad as Archie has. End of that.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

The toeless issue isn't that bothersome seeing that characters such as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Felix the Cat, which Sonic seemed to be inspired by, lack toes also. Besides, I find it cute.

Though admittably, I would find it a bit freaky if Rouge was portrayed as being toeless seeing she has the most "human-nistc" body out of all the animal characters.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I think Sonic should have regular cartoon "animal toes". An ovular foot with two lines drawn on them to indicate three toes. Look at a picture of Bugs Bunny or Snoopy and you'll understand where I'm coming from better.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

I also think the toeless aspect does work well within the Sonic world, though I wonder what Eggman looks like barefoot...

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Eggman has toes,

as seen in Sonic X.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Eggman sure has a tiny head.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

So that's how he got that nigga tan.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Orin is a fucking idiot for so many reasons.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Color me curious. Other than "being a furfag", list a few.

Not that I'm defending them by any means. I mean, to start off, I can think of "painting overly dramatic paintings of <i>Sonic</i> characters, particularly Knuckles, lounging around various scenes, completely naked, or engaging in relationships that I honestly don't care to imagine".

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I just think it's weird for the characters to have such abstract, cartoony feet when they're depicted with very human-like, anatomically detailed five-fingered hands.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

I think the problem is that the characters are kind of in-between. They're more streamlined than "traditional furry." Hell, they're essentially "vague, humanoid cartoons" with "vague animal-like characteristics." Sort of like Felix, as someone mentioned. Giving them Bugs Bunny-style feet would look really odd, but at the same time, giving them human-like feet (see Archie, SatAM) looks awkward as all hell. They could probably find a way to compromise.

Until then, I'd rather just see them keep their shoes on all the time, or have socks on at least, or something. The toelessness is really weird to look at, especially (as someone also mentioned) since their hands are rather detailed, even compared to Felix/Mickey/Bugs.

You know what? The more I think about it, the less sense these designs make. Put them next to realistic humans and it's even more confusing.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Shadow Hog wrote:Color me curious. Other than "being a furfag", list a few.

Not that I'm defending them by any means. I mean, to start off, I can think of "painting overly dramatic paintings of <i>Sonic</i> characters, particularly Knuckles, lounging around various scenes, completely naked, or engaging in relationships that I honestly don't care to imagine".
Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I don't think enough emphasis has been put on the pairings she makes. She is in advent support of something called "sonickules." I don't think you've seen anything at all until you've seen two of your favorite male video game rivals engaging in sexual acts. It's like the people who are obsessed with Goku and Vegeta being romantically inclined. No. Just, no.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Well, it's not like she's the first who paired up SonicxKnuckles in fanart and fanfiction so I'm not shocked at all when I first saw her particular SonicxKnuckles stuff, despite finding the whole concept of it to be eye-rolling.

She also draws ShadowxKnuckles, another idea that is equally shit.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Isn't nearly as exotic as KnucklesxGuntz. On a side note, I've got a friend gunning for MephilesxKing of the Cosmos. We'll see how that works out.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Isn't nearly as exotic as KnucklesxGuntz.
Aw man, now you reminded me of another lame-ass fan-pairing crossover I've encounted: KlonoaxTails. =(
On a side note, I've got a friend gunning for MephilesxKing of the Cosmos.
Oh god...

Your friend better be joking. =(

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I wouldn't take it seriously for a nanosecond, but some of the tamer Klonoa X Tails pics can be kinda cute.

Hardcore KxT is just wrong, though.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Lock.

Now.

Please!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

No, this is hot!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ritz wrote:MephilesxKing of the Cosmos.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy crap. That's so terrible it's awesome.
Radrappy wrote:It's like the people who are obsessed with Goku and Vegeta being romantically inclined. No. Just, no.
If you don't like yaoi, avoid it. ...then again, Goku and Vegeta, even if they were the gayest gays that ever gayed in the original source material, would kill each other before doing anything sexual with each other ever. Ever.
Last edited by Delphine on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.