Sonic Channel Updates

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeah, I've just noticed that I used the wrong article(it should be "an" not "a"). XD

Ideally, I would prefer the Chaotix to be mute though I greatly prefered Vector's old voice to his ear-grating new one.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I kinda like the idea of a spin-off staring just Espio (Vector and Charmy never did much for me). I think a platform/ninja stealth game could be interesting. But it all depends on how well it's done.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

Well, Omega is a fairly complex character to draw. It's nice art whether it's traced of not.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Forza Johnman wrote:Mind you it does look traced from the Heroes render.
Actually, the reverse would be true. Uekawa is foremost a 2D artist, therefore he'd draw up a character in his own style before having it rendered.

Yami

Post by Yami »

I'm STILL waiting for them to put up Metal Sonic, original art or not.

Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that OMEGA'S picture saved as "chara_big.gif"?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Sonic Team is composed of lazy, uncaring bastards.
So yes!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yami wrote:I'm STILL waiting for them to put up Metal Sonic, original art or not.

Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that OMEGA'S picture saved as "chara_big.gif"?
Same here, if he looks like he did 10 years ago with the short spikes and circular body then they dont have perception of vision.

In Sonic Adventure 1 on the entrance of Final Egg in one of the tubes you can see Metal Sonic as hes supposed to look now a days.

as you can see here.

http://209.85.48.8/1985/113/upload/p9511450.jpg

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

So, one of the Sonic Channel updates was a section on Sonic in the USA, about the Archie Comic. Bordom struck and I attempted to clean up a machine translation to make it more readable:
With Sonic's 15th Anniversary recently, many of the Sonic comics in America featured the message, "Happy Birthday Sonic" on their covers. I will tell you about the American Sonic Comics.

In Japan, comics are published weekly and monthly. Recently, Japanese comics have been published in America with greater frequency. Though Japanese comics are being translated to America very quickly, there are still many titles in Japan.

A company named "TOKYOPOP", which I have delt with in the past over the American release of the Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, releases many Japanese comics and cartoons to America. They are one of the first companies to treat the American comic book market as if were the Japanese comic book market.

In America, most comic books usually come in one of two formats: "Paper back" (easy, informal binding), and "Hard cover" (tidy binding). The comic in the United States has been paper back for a long time. Though it is large, the width of the pages is thin, and their numbers are much fewer. Is this because they use a lot of colors?

Why are all the sentences written in capital letters? I do not understand this.

Much like Japanese comics, each month, a new issue is published, revealing a little more of the storyline. There are also advertisements throughout, making it feel less like a book and more like a magazine.

It has been going on for quite a long time, now. There are two series: "Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic X". They are licensed by Archie Comics through Sega.

The Archie Comic's setting is quite interesting for various reasons, especially that of "Sonic the Hedgehog". Though it uses the games as it's basis, new developments are included, including many new characters. It is quite novel.

The series has already exceeded issue 160. Certainly, you can feel the history behind it. For a while, the comic book was in gorgeous form. There is "Trade Paper Back", too.

It is usually found in the the section of bookstores with the magazines, generally because it is given the same treatment as a magazine. However, at bookstores, often times you will not find the issue you want to read, so embarassingly, you must go to Mr. Comic Book Shop.

Comic book shops are specialty stores for comic book maniacs. There are a lot of super hero books for so-called American Comics like Batman and Spider-man, which I do not like.

Because there was business in America, we brought back many issues of Sonic comics to Japan. For something so thin, it sure was heavy to carry!

"Sonic the Hedgehog", which is not obtainable in Japan, is quite enjoyable. If you would like to win copies of the American Sonic Comic for you to own, please apply here.
Part of me wants to see the Fandomageddon that would occur if ArchieSonic characters started appearing in the Sonic games, if they really like the comics as much as they imply.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

However, at bookstores, often times you will not find the issue you want to read, so embarassingly, you must go to Mr. Comic Book Shop.
Comic book shops are specialty stores for comic book maniacs.
Ouch. It would seem Senoue is too cool for us comic book nerds.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

There are a lot of super hero books for so-called American Comics like Batman and Spider-man, which I do not like.
wow....

anywho! new updates in Sonic channel, character update that is..."Jet the hawk" is up, I was expecting Metal Sonic or something better...guess we'll have to wait alot more.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Storm Bio
Wallpaper
Calendar thing
Storm Flash Puzzle

I do like Storm, even though he is Big with 3 ears.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Forza Johnman wrote:Big with 3 ears.
Those are stylized feathers. Birds' ears are hidden.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Delphine wrote:
I think he's saying that Storm is basically Big drawn with three ears which are then changed to feathers. But what do I know?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

does elise show tit

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

He's only doing this to bump his post count up to 3000, you know.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

but does she

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

He's never going to beat my post count, I don't know why he tries.

WW

Post by WW »

Regardless, it seems to be working.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

How is it working? I have over 400 more than him.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I think he meant "working" in the sense that it's inching him closer to 3000, not in that it's inching toward yours.

WW

Post by WW »

Aye, should have stated it more specifically. My mistake.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Timestones wrote:
Delphine wrote:
I think he's saying that Storm is basically Big drawn with three ears which are then changed to feathers. But what do I know?
Yeah thats what I meant. Sorry about that.

Elise doesn't show tit. Yet.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

QUIT SPOILING THE GAME