E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Neo

Post by Neo »

Okay, what's up with Internets the Cyberhog and the Jet thing? Prototype Silvers?

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

Look pretty cool. I would rather have the second one than the current Mephiles, but we'll see.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

See? Now THAT is what freakin' concept art looks like.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

The brilliant part is that now anyone can make a scratchy b&w lineart scan of a Sonic fan character and say it's concept art. Way easier than all that coloring! :D

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Apparently the demo is on the 360 marketplace now. Obviously I don't have a 360 myself so I can't verify this.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

You know, not to be rude or anything, but the Newsboard is kind of suffering because we're keeping all this news in a single topic. There's like 10 newsboard posts in this one topic alone. =P

Ashurahori

Post by Ashurahori »

I PLAYED IT, EVERYBODY!

Movement works like a charm. Just like Sonic Adventure.

Jumping feels a bit strange. Remember those tiny blue orbs Sonic received from enemies? Turns out that he can't homing attack again while he's in the air until he receives another orb. So, no more homing-attacking 30 successive robots in half a second. I'm still getting used to the timing, but it seems kind of more realistic.

Speed movements, and all the rest have worked great until now. HP bar just for a couple of bigger, badder robots, which I find a good thing.

I'll tell you more when I've played it more.

...whoa, it's fucking tiny. Not even a third of the way of Sonic's E3 level. And even though I died once and got hit a couple of times by an enemy, I still got an A rank. The ranks are explained each time you finish a level. 2000 rings are an A rank. 3000 are an S rank.

Also, when you finish the demo, the first trailer is shown, the one from E3. That's all I know so far. I'll keep adding stuff if nobody else gets the demo.
Last edited by Ashurahori on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

What is the camera like?

Edit: Do you mean 3000 POINTS and not rings? Also explain the orb thing a little more I'm not quite sure I get what you mean.

Ashurahori

Post by Ashurahori »

Sllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww toooooooooooo tuuuuuuuuuuuurnnnnnnnnnnnnn. But it's kinda the same as we had on the SA series. Didn't cause me any frustration.

No, I mean rings. And on my second playthrough, I noticed something else. I am still unsure, but I think that the game just doesn't let you use the homing attack combo as fast as before. Which is kind of shame, because you have to have quite an accurate timing. That, or just press A like a nut everytime you wanna do a combo.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Ashurahori wrote:I am still unsure, but I think that the game just doesn't let you use the homing attack combo as fast as before. Which is kind of shame, because you have to have quite an accurate timing.
Damn this pretty much confirms what IGN or Eurogamer said the other day. Also how the fuck can the level have so many rings?

Ashurahori

Post by Ashurahori »

b_boult wrote:
Ashurahori wrote:I am still unsure, but I think that the game just doesn't let you use the homing attack combo as fast as before. Which is kind of shame, because you have to have quite an accurate timing.
Damn this pretty much confirms what IGN or Eurogamer said the other day. Also how the fuck can the level have so many rings?
Many, many light dash paths.

Oh, and I made a mistake. The orbs do shit for the homing attack. They fill up a bar which I suspect will be used for some other attack.

EDIT: And yet another mistake! The rings don't give you the rank, the rank gives you the rings. Rings which I suspect will be used to buy stuff.

EDIT 2: And the demo locked up my console once already. Not a good sign. Fortunately, after I passed through the goal ring.

EDIT 3: And I forgot to say this. The elvels have a huge amount of rings, yes. The light dash paths are necessary, even crucial in many parts. And they're the reason I got 173 rings in less than 4 seconds.

Also, the levels have many, many multiple paths. I've fallen out of a path about three times, and instead of plunging to my death, I found myself in another path. The level still has death-plunges, and ALOT of them, but this was a cool thing to happen.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Did Sega decide to keep the warps in the stage? I know of two places which warped you to a different place.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Where did you get the demo?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Xbox Live Marketplace, I'd assume.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

SegaSonic wrote:Where did you get the demo?
UGH

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

b_boult wrote:
SegaSonic wrote:Where did you get the demo?
UGH
Whats up?

------------------

So the orbs fill up a gauge, could this be for special moves such as the slide? the whole you must earn your moves and fill up your moves really doesnt fit Sonic. Its like telling Sonic to wait, its not possible.

So they reward you rings? what is it with their mission based gameplay lately?

Multiple paths? ala S&K or Sonic Heroes? or is the game just similar to SA1? the bottomless pits only damages a game, SA1 had them but not as MUCH! I hope this game turns out like SA1 or 2 in that department.
Sllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww toooooooooooo tuuuuuuuuuuuurnnnnnnnnnnnnn. But it's kinda the same as we had on the SA series. Didn't cause me any frustration.
Slow to turn? same as the SA series? what exactly do you mean by that?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I'm unsure about the amount of rings, if it's still collecting 100 rings to get a 1up, then that would mean getting 30 lives along with an S rank.
Has the count gone up to 1000 per life or has the rings = extra lives concept been scrapped?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Have you guys seen this? it is the extended TGS movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyx7YKdf6aE

looks great! specially the Wave ocean level! here you can see Shadow in Hog heaven...His weapons are gone but his vehicles are back plus have weapons on them.

And in this video you can see That sonic is still 3 feet tall...humans are huge compared to Sonic. :smile: :smile: :smile:

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Shadow's running animation looks like ass

Ashurahori

Post by Ashurahori »

Even though there is a demo topic, I will continue to post impressions on this place.

- No warps.

- I got it on XBox Live Marketplace, on the TGS section.

- I wouldn't know, the gauge takes one hell of a long time to fill, I haven't even got it filled to the middle when the level suddenly ends. I don't even think there are enough enemies for that.

- They reward you 10000, 20000, or 30000 rings depending on how well you did on the stage (these are for B, A and S rank respectively). My guess is they are to buy stuff.

- On multiple paths, I mean like in this example: You're in one path, there's another path down below, there's a road you can follow, there's an eagle you can grab ahold onto (you can even do that in the very beginning of the level, I did it by mistake), there are enemies you can homing-attack through, and there is a light dash ring line you can go through. Lots of areas you can check out, lots of different ways to complete the stage. I completed the stage about ten times, all through finding new areas.

Oh, and there's a whole new tutorial voice! This time, no creepy Omochao, but Morgan Freeman old guy like!

- You move the camera manually through the right analog stick, and it takes 5 seconds to take a 180 turn around Sonic. That's how slow it is. You can always reset it to your back with the L button, though.

- 100 rings = one life. At least, I began the level with 5 lives, and when I finished it, I had 7. And I hadn't caught any 1-ups. (although there is one in this demo).

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Seriously, I said post demo impressions and discussion in the other thread. What is wrong with you people?