E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Shake

Post by Shake »

You know, it'd be kind of funny if Elise died. It'd be like Sega branching out, but still doing what they do best - inserting characters and jerking them around. This time, it's not just furries, either. >_>

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

One Classy Bloke wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:does elise show tit
I'm not sure about seeing tit, but there is pentration. Not actually a joke btw.
What's pathetic is I made that "joke" last week. Damn me.

My prediction is the "companion" mode is more like SAdv3, where you have a tagalong à la Tails in Sonic 2 & 3. If you have Tails, he can airlift you. Blaze (yeah, she's in there, it seems) lets you use fire, etc. Not what I wanted, but if they keep it down to three main character stories, I'll still be okay with it.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

DackAttac wrote:
One Classy Bloke wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:does elise show tit
I'm not sure about seeing tit, but there is pentration. Not actually a joke btw.
What's pathetic is I made that "joke" last week. Damn me.

My prediction is the "companion" mode is more like SAdv3, where you have a tagalong à la Tails in Sonic 2 & 3. If you have Tails, he can airlift you. Blaze (yeah, she's in there, it seems) lets you use fire, etc. Not what I wanted, but if they keep it down to three main character stories, I'll still be okay with it.
Sounds a little over-the-top. The usual jump-in-anytime co-op is fine by me.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

New trailer:

http://sega.jp/asx/TGS2006/sonic_pr.asx

Featuring:

* Another version of the theme song, this time with Zebrahead-sounding guitars and drums added, but without any Zebrahead vocals

* New version of Dreams Come True's Sonic 2 end music (seriously!)

* Something that looks a lot like the Egg Carrier in Emerald Coast (perhaps Silver isn't the only one time travelling in this game)

* A 1.5 second appearance of Blaze the Cat running about with Silver

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Esrever wrote:* New version of Dreams Come True's Sonic 2 end music (seriously!)
My fuck, it is! Also, verification that Sonic is not "human-sized".

I still don't know what to make of this game, though.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Sonic isn't human sized, but he's still way too big. It's just creepy looking... like a man in a Sonic suit. Whenever I see a shot of him next to a human I can't help but think "Disneyland".

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Add this to the long list of asx files from the Japanese Sonic sites that have refused to play for me. I really wish I knew why.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

You Tubed
Shadow's Vehicles
Shadow Profile

I dont know what to make of the Sweet Sweet Sweet remix yet. They might have just used the only not completly bastardised bit of the song for the trailer.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

James McGeachie wrote:Add this to the long list of asx files from the Japanese Sonic sites that have refused to play for me. I really wish I knew why.
Are you using a Mac? Because the Mac version of WMP sucks balls and doesn't stream. It's supposed to, but ha!

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I thought the gameplay footage looked better this time around, especially in the Emerald Coast area. But ... was that Buddha that baby Elise was clinging to?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

No I'm not using a mac, I only seem to have this problem with Japanese sites too, more specifically Sega sites.

Anyway I've seen the trailer now from the youtube link. Pretty much the same stuff as previous videos but now with even more ultimate faggotry with Sonic and Elise. Sweet Sweet Sweet only seemed to make the whole scene even more sickening. Some of Sonic's levels seem to have slight promise but as I've seen no evidence as of yet this game's gameplay is any more refined or enjoyable than previous 3d Sonic attempts I'm not getting my hopes up.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

Well, I for one thought that trailer was awesome.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I can safely say Sonic aint human sized, he doesnt even reach Elise's chest as OBC said.

Also it seems the theme song went rock based again..kinda sad, I liked those violins.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

the use of these vehicles will allow him to experience the game worlds in an entirely different manner than the ultra fast Sonic or psycho-kinetic Silver. For instance, Shadow will be able to drive a jeep through difficult terrain, gaining faster access to areas and more power to destroy obstacles in his way. In other areas, the use of a hang glider will allow his to traverse large open spaces like canyons, and access high ground
That sounds exactly like Knuckles's S3&K gameplay--minus the vehicles.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Ngangbius wrote:
the use of these vehicles will allow him to experience the game worlds in an entirely different manner than the ultra fast Sonic or psycho-kinetic Silver. For instance, Shadow will be able to drive a jeep through difficult terrain, gaining faster access to areas and more power to destroy obstacles in his way. In other areas, the use of a hang glider will allow his to traverse large open spaces like canyons, and access high ground
That sounds exactly like Knuckles's S3&K gameplay--minus the vehicles.
It's exactly what I thought the vehicles would be for; just smashing through or getting over obstacles faster. That justifies them in my book, but they still have to control decently.

Hey wait, hang glider? Sonic 2 8-bit anyone?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

No thanks, I already ate.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Blaze.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I really like that theme song so long as it's being performed by an electric guitar and not a singer.

Man, this game really has me excited.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

does elise show tit

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Segaholic2 wrote:I really like that theme song so long as it's being performed by an electric guitar and not a singer.
Second'd. Whenever I hear the guitar version it sort of pumps me up and makes me think "Hey, wait, this could be fun".

I don't really mind Sonic's size so much. Is it really that different from his size in Sonic Adventure, or have my brains been addled in the seven years since its release?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Notice how Shadow's profile says he is almost as fast on his feet as Sonic. I find that a welcome change as it makes Sonic once again the fastest thing alive, and once again more or less unique.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Remember those blue things we've been seeing that emerge from the enemies once they've been destroyed? They're yellow for Shadow in that video. Intriguing, no?

CE

Post by CE »

Look at how similar the ending of that video is to the Sonic 2 ending! There's only one possible explanation! Tails really is Princes Ellise in DISQUISE! At the end of the game he shows his true form, and then the hot Sonic X Tails action starts up.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Ritz wrote:Remember those blue things we've been seeing that emerge from the enemies once they've been destroyed? They're yellow for Shadow in that video. Intriguing, no?
Clearly, Sonic and Shadow have decided to split up the job of destroying badniks - Sonic gets the ones with blue creatures inside, Shadow gets the ones with yellow creatures inside. They have also gained the power of mind control over robots - however, not being very smart, they have simply used this to call the appropriate robots to them, rather than instructing the robots to kill themselves.

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

Yay, great to see Blaze. Even if it was for like half a second, but whatever.

My hopes for this game keep getting higher and lower at the same time. I hope this does well though.