E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Plorpus III wrote:Gerald was nice in ShTH because the flashbacks/videos of him are from before the ARK was raided and Maria killed. That's what caused him to go insane and do the things seen in SA2. It even mentions in SA2 that he made some last minute "modifications" to Shadow while on Prison Island, to make him hate humanity.
Or that's how I figured it to be.
Oh, ok.

..Wait, If he's in prison, how is he able to modify Shadow?
Wouldn't G.U.N already have Shadow locked away by the time Gerald is imprisoned on Prison Island?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Radrappy wrote:I played through the game but I don't remember it saying how shadow survived.
About 7 minutes (I think) in to the Devil Doom Battle, Eggmna reveals that his robots saved Shadow from dying. Which means that he is the original Shadow from Sonic Adventue 2 and not a clone. I almost heard this for myself until Devil Doom cut over it with "Chaos Control" I swore very loudly.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Forza Johnman wrote:
Radrappy wrote:I played through the game but I don't remember it saying how shadow survived.
About 7 minutes (I think) in to the Devil Doom Battle, Eggmna reveals that his robots saved Shadow from dying. Which means that he is the original Shadow from Sonic Adventue 2 and not a clone. I almost heard this for myself until Devil Doom cut over it with "Chaos Control" I swore very loudly.
awesome, Its good to know they revealed the most important question!

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Even though it's before Maria is killed, it still doesn't really jive.
GERALD (monitors): "If you're listening to this, then the worst has happened...
you need to know the truth. The government plans to shut
down this research facility..."

GERALD (monitors): "The government plans to cease all of our research... and
imprison all who know about you. I made a terrible mistake,
Shadow... It's all my fault... making contact with that
Comet..."
He doesn't sound too concerned that the military is coming to silence him and his beloved granddaughter. Even if imprisonment is all he's expecting, he can't possibly believe that they'd be released after serving some kind of sentence. It's effectively a death sentence. Maybe he planned to escape with Maria and abandon all his colleagues, but that's a pretty weak explanation.

When he finished Shadow is also a bit ambiguous. Either he eluded capture, found Shadow, and finished working on him before getting caught, or he was captured but allowed to continue working for the government on Prison Island and one day snuck into where they were keeping Shadow and finished him there, getting caught and executed in the process. All we have to go by is "Based on my original projections, I was able to complete my project; Shadow. I designed its mind to be perfect, pure... I will leave everything, to him." Some say he couldn've been talking about Biolizard, having somehow hidden himself in the ARK and continued his work. He definitely had to do something to Shadow though. Shadow seemed to know what the plan was, and the only way he could broadcast a video of his own death is if he made Shadow do it for him.

Edit: 'holic disabled the Guest feature! Huzzah!

Dash

Post by Dash »

I'm still pretty pissed they had to throw Aliens in there to embellish the story of Shadow's creation. In SA2 they presented a solid Sci-Fi story, which had some connections to Sonic history through the BioLizard (an attempt at making Perfect Chaos), and Shadow himself (The ancient picture of Super Sonic in S3&K inspiring Gerald (some explanation for why shadow is basically a recolor of Super Sonic. That's what Gerald wanted to make!)). I accepted Shadow as a product of a tortured creator and his supposed death seemed fitting, as he had no more to accomplish story wise. I was cool with that.

But that Alien DNA thing totally came out of left field. Now I can only think of Shadow as a product of Alien jizz.

And that robot thing in Sonic Heroes! WTF was up with that!?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Remember, the password to Shadow's prison in SA2 was "Maria". Only Gerald would program in such password. And didn't Eggman discover this from some old diaries? Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Maybe then it was Gerald who imprisoned shadow first. Or rather, the capsule shadow was launched down to earth in was shot into a facility on earth that locked him in there based on Gerald's extended plans. Then perhaps it was found and locked down by GUN. The end.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Dash wrote:I'm still pretty pissed they had to throw Aliens in there to embellish the story of Shadow's creation. In SA2 they presented a solid Sci-Fi story, which had some connections to Sonic history through the BioLizard (an attempt at making Perfect Chaos), and Shadow himself (The ancient picture of Super Sonic in S3&K inspiring Gerald (some explanation for why shadow is basically a recolor of Super Sonic. That's what Gerald wanted to make!)). I accepted Shadow as a product of a tortured creator and his supposed death seemed fitting, as he had no more to accomplish story wise. I was cool with that.

But that Alien DNA thing totally came out of left field. Now I can only think of Shadow as a product of Alien jizz.
Agreed 100%

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Edit: 'holic disabled the Guest feature! Huzzah!
I did that. Apparently it's the only way to stop the bots.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/770/770960/vids_1.html

3 nEW videos releseased, more music! its awesome.

The Music is very Japan SonicTeam esque! some reminds me of PSO! and thats a good thing.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Jack Bz wrote:Also some new screen shots.

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7 ... 76351.html

:O
Hmm,

they look old to me, what page are they at?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Okay, here's an idea: How about we stop posting stuff pertaining to the game that isn't absolutely new? I.e, playthroughs of the same routes through the same stages with the player reacting somewhat differently, screenshots of the same areas we've seen 14 times before taken at different angles, and (Especially) the same exact screenshots we've been seeing for months, only uploaded by different sources.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What about Videos that show different music?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

The music is new, right? So long as there's something new, it's worth sharing.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I don't like the Sonic 2k6 music. Completely generic, forgettable, new-age techno. I suppose the music for Crisis City isn't bad, but the music for Kingdom Valley really is.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:I don't like the Sonic 2k6 music. Completely generic, forgettable, new-age techno. I suppose the music for Crisis City isn't bad, but the music for Kingdom Valley really is.
Are we certain it isn't just whatever IGN threw in for dramatic effect? I thought I heard impressions from someplace that Kingdom Valley's BGM was all orchestral. (I've only been able to watch one video.)

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Thats strange. Although i'm not certain, the music is different in the actual game itself. IGN probably added this music.

Kai-Kakoon

Post by Kai-Kakoon »

The second video on this page says otherwise. I'm guessing it's just promo material anyway.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I think he was talking about Kingdom Valley.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Some music on those videos seem to be from another level.

however, the one video called stone pillar fun you can hear a very upbeat music while all the sound effects are taking place at the same time! this must mean that could be the speed up music or someother thing.

also, have you noticed how many speed pads there are? is like Sonic needs them, that gives a bad impression about his speed.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Kai-Kakoon wrote:The second video on this page says otherwise. I'm guessing it's just promo material anyway.
I recognise that music now. It's the music for Crisis City.

Kai-Kakoon

Post by Kai-Kakoon »

Plorpus III wrote:I think he was talking about Kingdom Valley.
My bad, I meant that it was likely that the music shown in IGN's Crisis City videos was associated with the generic Kingdom Valley theme. Then I remembered hearing that music in the Sega site. But...
One Classy Bloke wrote:I recognise that music now. It's the music for Crisis City.
... that means the music shown in those videos will be playing in the game itself, instead of just trailers. Daaamn.

It's still a bit early to jump to conclusions though, seeing as we've only heard two themes so far (three, if you count the music from the Princess Elise trailer). Even if the level music does sound pretty uninspired so far.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Yeah we've only heard 20 second segments of the other tracks so how can anyone offer a credible opinion to be honest. I mean the one track we do get to hear in relative fullness is the Crisis City track, and I think it's pretty epic and cool, and I'm sure if you hear the other tracks flowing in their entirety instead of retarded little fragments you'll warm to them a lot more. And besides, not every track in every Sonic game has been brilliant, bear in mind as Kai-Kakoon says there are lots of other tracks still to come, and Jun has never really disappointed before (apart from Shadow). I'm pretty sure the sound is the one thing that *won't* let this game down.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »