E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

New scans from some UK gaming mag that a friend of mine snitched from "Simon's Turf":
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

This article is so bad you will want to hang yourself reading it, so i'll save you the trouble and report that only one new detail was revealed: you can use any character you want in any version of a stage. There's a few shots of Sonic traversing Silver's run through Crisis City. They also have a sidebar-length "interview" with Masahiro Kumono (who?). The picture of him is too funny, he looks pissed and disinterested all at once.

However, I couldn't stomach it long enough to read the Wild Fire and Rivals stuff, so i'll leave you to experience the horror.

Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

Old, reused stages confirmed. I wonder, will they actually be re-used, or just based on? I.E. Windy Valley, Westopolis and Frog Forest.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Sonic's sneakers were created by Dr Kintobor, a pre-evil Dr Robotnik! Sonic's favourite food is chili dogs.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I skimmed the Wildfire article and it doesn't say anything we don't already know except that it sounds as if you don't have to charge to jump normally, only to do a high jump. I think at E3 people were saying all jumping required holding down the jump button for a bit beforehand, so I guess this is good news. Nauseatingly bad writing, though.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

IGN have confirmed that both the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions of Sonic the Hedgehog will be released in the US on November 17, 2006. The date coincides with the western launch of PlayStation 3.

According to IGN, Sega representatives have stated that multiple improvements have been made since the E3 version and that there are still a plethora of surprises to be unveiled.

Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/ima ... 127155.jpg
Anyone else notice how small the rings in the middle of the path are? Of course they'd seem smaller with distance, but they look like they actually are tiny. They seem to be like like in all gameplay movies/trailers.

And notice in the E3Trailer (as Silver destroys a castle pillar in KV) you can seen some fencing to the far left? Paper graphics. Poor paper graphics.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Useless information, all the b******* did was whine about Shadow.
Freaking 10 year olds who write in wanting guns in Sonic games.....

OCB's statement of human to hedgehog seems to be silently looming here.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Gotta love British gaming journalism.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Wooduck51 wrote: OCB's statement of human to hedgehog seems to be silently looming here.
Wait... what? I don't remember saying anything like this.

I got to play the 1st playable (read: non-playable) build last week. Currently Sonic can run though everything, the framerate is fiendishly low and that is possibly the coolest opening cutscene i've ever seen for a Sonic game. Also, Eggman looks a lot better when you're watching his full actions and poses opposed to just snippets.

I also have a faint idea how Shadow will play, but i'm not gonna say. Because i'm a prick, and it might change.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Now that I think about it you didn't say it, someone else did and then you said it actually happens.
I also have a faint idea how Shadow will play, but i'm not gonna say. Because i'm a prick, and it might change.
You may take enjoyment from the knowledge that I am now boiling with stress and curiosity.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Wooduck51 wrote:
Now that I think about it you didn't say it, someone else did and then you said it actually happens.
That was a joke though.

One Classy Bloke

Oh yea, that was rofls. I fooled no one!

(...)toolazytologin

Post by (...)toolazytologin »

We don't need to know specifics. We just need to know if the Shadow levels suck or not.
I got to play the 1st playable (read: non-playable) build last week. Currently Sonic can run though everything, the framerate is fiendishly low and that is possibly the coolest opening cutscene i've ever seen for a Sonic game.
Have they fixed the camera and player controls yet? I remember you saying how bad they were in the E3 build.

One Classy Bloke

(...)toolazytologin wrote:Have they fixed the camera and player controls yet? I remember you saying how bad they were in the E3 build.
When the framerate is around 5fps, it's pretty hard to tell if they've fixed this stuff yet. Only time will tell. Likewise with Shadow's gameplay.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It worries me that they're promising it as a PS3 launch title and it's still this early in development. Is this the usual rate of development?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Wasn't it playable back in E3 2005. I'd say it should be pretty far in development by now.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Yeah, in an early IGN preview, they were a little suprised Sonic Team showed the game in the extremely early state it was in. That 40% of the game they had done by the E3 06 demo must've counted for a hell of a lot. I guess the project must be clipping along pretty well now that they've decided on everything they want to go for with the game.

One Classy Bloke

I do admit it is a bit concerning, but i have yet to see the levels we've seen from the E3 demo. Oh yea, and multiplayer wasn't working.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Multiplayer in a Sonic game has sucked since Sonic 3. Even then it felt like an afterthought.

(...)toolazytologin

Post by (...)toolazytologin »

Wasn't it playable back in E3 2005. I'd say it should be pretty far in development by now.
The E3 version was probably made especially for E3. Making the E3 build before the first playable build (which usually comes first), would explain A LOT about why the game still feels like Sonic Adventure 3 so far.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Sonic 2k6 wasn't "playable" at E3 2005. E3 2005 was just the tech-demo animation (Sonic encountering the robots, Super Sonic, etc.). It first turned up "playable" 6 months later at TGS 2005, and it was still quite obvious that the game was very, very, very early at that stage.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Putting this here since it's the biggest of all the <i>StH2K6</i> topics around right now.

But anyway, some MoFo person (John Taylor to be exact) was browsing Amazon.co.uk when they stumbled upon <a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... 3">this</a>. Whether it's just a random Amazon screw-up or further evidence that a PC version (which'd be much easier to pirate, by the by) is coming, I'll leave that up for debate. (The search in question was <a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/sea ... g">here</a>, and no, searching on Amazon.<b>com</b> turns up nada.)

Although, I'd probably pick up that version if only for the reason that I don't own a 360 (Dad does but never mind that), don't want a PS3, but have a gaming-quality PC with gamepad at the ready.
Last edited by Shadow Hog on Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One Classy Bloke

Actually, on the PC version, i can actually confirm that it will come out on PC around the same time as the console versions. However, i'm not sure if it will be a global release.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

That was me actually. Wow, I found something that turns out to be true. I feel...meh.

Aren't PC games region free?

One Classy Bloke

Yup. This news pleases me as well.