E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
someguy

Post by someguy »

there's this guy on sonic the hedgehog board at gamefaqs that spoils the "possible" story of this game plus some of the ending.. might be true dunno...
i'll post the link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=28637795

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

sounds too macabre for a Sonic game.

Elise cuts her hand? this is all BS. Unless SonicTeam finnaly lost it.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

That cannot be the ending. The plot is suppose to develop "decently" and that was everything but decent. Forget the Elise part, why kill off Knuckles? That would be like killing off Luigi. I say that "ending" is just a bunch of fabricated horse crap. Anyone here to say otherwise?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Bitch, please. They're not about to kill off main characters. They didn't even kill off Shadow, and they could have gotten away with it because he was introduced in the same game he would have died in.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Have things gotten so bad that we actually need to consider whether or not something written by a 10 year old on GameFAQs is fake?

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Yes

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Frieza2000 wrote:Have things gotten so bad that we actually need to consider whether or not something written by a 10 year old on GameFAQs is fake?
Shadow the Hedgehog anyone?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I wouldn't put that story past them. They do want the game to appeal to the adults. What better way than killing off a character! It isn't like itl'll matter since they can just say every other game they ever make happened before this one.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

If anyone deserves to die is Shadow, Knuckles owns shadow in everyway.

Appeal to adults by killing stuff? how stupid are they if they actually think that way? still this story is belivivable because Izuka is king now, and lest not forget he is the one who ruined it all.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Well, Sonic Team has had characters die before, but they never kill them off. They either survive by luck, or get corrupted into a new character. It's worth pointing out that Eggman died three times in Shadow.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Did you ever think it was odd that when Sonic almost died in SA2, he used the fake emerald that Tails made to Chaos Control outa there. How on earth can Tails make emeralds that are powerful enough to do that?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Did you ever think it was odd that when Sonic almost died in SA2, he used the fake emerald that Tails made to Chaos Control outa there. How on earth can Tails make emeralds that are powerful enough to do that?
It wasn't the Emerald, it was Sonic.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Well, Sonic Team has had characters die before, but they never kill them off. They either survive by luck, or get corrupted into a new character. It's worth pointing out that Eggman died three times in Shadow.
Corrupted into a new character? When has that happened?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Gamma became a Chaos Gamma, but that wasn't exactly corruption.
And there's also Emerl who died before eggman created the similar Gmerl.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Gaz wrote:The same guy has also posted how the game ends. Obviously, mega spoilers if it's true but somehow I doubt that. It just reads like really bad fan fiction.
The same bad fan fiction that Silver looks like he was taken from?

I'm not trying to give credibility to someone from GameFAQs or anything, just pointing out that SEGA isn't exactly outside the "bad fan fiction" league.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

The whole Shadow with guns & aliens seemed false, but look what happened.

SEGA doesnt surprize me anymore.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Zeta wrote:
So Chaos Control doesn't involve a Chaos Emerald at all? I could be missing something, plus it has been like 4 years since I played through the story.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Light Speed wrote:Did you ever think it was odd that when Sonic almost died in SA2, he used the fake emerald that Tails made to Chaos Control outa there. How on earth can Tails make emeralds that are powerful enough to do that?
There's a part in the scene before Sonic and Shadow's showdown in Hero mode where Shadow mentions this, but what he says is very cryptic.

"It WAS a Chaos Emerald, wasn’t it? But, there’s no way you could have activated the Chaos Control using an Emerald that’s fake."

Maybe the Japanese dialogue is less ambiguous. If not, I guess the idea was to keep Sonic's powers unclear. SA2 did raise questions about his origin, but, thankfully, failed to answer them.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Light Speed wrote:
Zeta wrote:
So Chaos Control doesn't involve a Chaos Emerald at all? I could be missing something, plus it has been like 4 years since I played through the story.
I think the implication was that Tails's fake emerald was close enough in composition to the real thing for Sonic to improvise a little Control.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Kishi wrote:
Light Speed wrote:
Zeta wrote:
I think the implication was that Tails's fake emerald was close enough in composition to the real thing for Sonic to improvise a little Control.
Thats what I also thought, but Sonic has Some kind of power inside him and maybe thats what they will show us in STH PS3/360, I just hope the story aint retarded.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Nope. Shadow (in battle and his own game) and BioLizard have used it without Emeralds.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Technically Shadow does get the first emerald in the first 10 seconds of gameplay [In the middle of the street no less]

(...)toolazyetcetc

Post by (...)toolazyetcetc »

Nope. Shadow (in battle and his own game) and BioLizard have used it without Emeralds.
Shadow never CC'd without an emerald in his own game. He picks up an emerald in the first 5 seconds of the first level.
It's worth pointing out that Eggman died three times in Shadow.
And once at the end of Sonic 2 on the Megadrive.

So, Classy Bloke, is that GameFAQs ending even remotely true?

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

On that one, Battle's progression seems very fucked (Chaos Emeralds shards? They break like the Master one?), no surprise Shadow can use CC without any.
After all, what else could he use to defend himself in a fight? a gun?... maybe he asked himself that same question, then he came up with ShtH :(
(...)toolazyetcetc wrote:
It's worth pointing out that Eggman died three times in Shadow.
And once at the end of Sonic 2 on the Megadrive.
Didn't his beaten butt fall in Angel Island along with his Death Egg?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

One Classy Bloke, on GameFAQs wrote:For the love of god! Stop posting! I told you this stuff in the hope you could keep it to yourself. Clearly you can't. I guess the lure of attention was too great for you. There's creating speculation and conversation, then there's just spoiling.

To everyone else, is it too late to say that RoxasXIII is lieing?
<b>CONTROVERSY</b>

But is it serious or is this just all one big wind up?