E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.

Post by Guest »

So Blaze is in this game?? OMG this sucks.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

James McGeachie wrote:Wait, so if every character in Rush is reappearing bar one, which seems to be Cream, does that mean Eggman Nega is in it too? If so that's pretty wierd, I really didn't expect to see him again, at least not in a 3d game.

On the other hand Blaze was actually the first character I thought of when you mentioned the secret one though, it does make a lot of sense since it takes place in "Soleanna" and Rush features the "Sol" emeralds.
Also Sonic Wild fire is about Fire..but its probably nothing.

Eggman Nega? Blaze too? what is this game turning into?

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

So no surprise old character, just everyone from Sonic Rush, bar Cream, and a new hedgehog? Somewhat disappointing. Hey, at least no Cream. I was getting sick of her; finally, a game after Sonic Advance 2 in which she does not appear. So the surprise character was the fourth hedgehog? Well, I should have expected that, seeing as, according to the Sega of America site, the muliplayer mode has "up to four players".

Why was I here again? Oh, I remember, SONICTEAM has updated their Japanese StH2K6 site... Only I cannot find what the update is. Sonic Channel says it's updated though. I have no Japanese text support, so I cannot translate it.

Post by Guest »

Im betting the other Hedgehog is another dimension evil Sonic or something.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

This game is turning out to be ridiculously bloated...

Truthfully, I'm guess the fourth hedgehog is Super Silver.

Also I thought the Chaos Emeralds do not exist in Blaze's world?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Perhaps he transforms using the Sol emeralds?

(...)stilltoolazytologin

Post by (...)stilltoolazytologin »

This game is turning out to be ridiculously bloated...
Not so much. In the original press release, they said that all the old characters were coming back, just none of them were playable. I figured they would be the ones who give out the side missions on the free-roaming levels.

Oh, and my guess for the super-secret hidden character...NiGHTS!!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Could be Dark Sonic from Sonic X, just kidding.

I wonder how realistic will the other characters will look, like Tails.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I can see how Blaze might fit into this. For starters, Rush's ending left the possibility for a follow-up story wide open.

-- Before Sonic and Blaze landed the deathblow on the ultimate mecha, Nega droned on about his "incredibly profound scheme" and that this wasn't the end of it. He went on to say that with a little more time, his plan would be complete, but Eggman cut off his speech.
-- When Super Blaze was flying through the skies of her world, she reflected on Sonic's words about the powers of the two sets of emeralds, and said "I'll see you again..." That's got to count for something.
-- Eggman is trying to harness the power of the "Flames of Disaster". Blaze has fire powers. Draw your own conclusions.
-- On top of that, the Eggmen stated that if the two sets of emeralds are too close in proximity, the resulting energy giveoff would be devastating. Looks like that inferno in Crisis City is devastating enough. (Yeah, this is sort of a long shot. And still no clue how that fire monster fits into all this.)

Although, if Blaze plays a large part in the story, it'll be odd if she's not playable. She'd fit better than another hedgehog, and it's easy to see what variation of Sonic's gameplay they could build around her.

Then again, OCB could be lying to throw us for a loop :p It would be funny to have that kind info in your lap and be able to screw with people's heads over it.
Brazillian Cara wrote:If the script, can you tell us if it's decent (or at least, if it has or not anything like "We can beat this guy with the power of FRIENDSHIP TEAMWORK!")?

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

It might be a week until i get to read the rest of the document. I got moved to a different project today, and as so, cannot access this document. I'll work on it though.

Also, there are more playable characters in story mode, but they have no main story to themselves.

As for that fourth hedgehog, i can safely say it actually looks good. Not fan character in the least.

Also, i can say the game will be much, much better than Shadow and Heroes, as most functionality testing is being done in Japan. And those guys are psychos when it comes to finding bugs.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Will the game be like Adventure one atleast?

saying its only better than Shadow aint convincing.

YES!! Knuckles and tails in action Stages again!!!

This game could be the big game!!

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

Japanese beta testers?

... I'm finding hope's light.
Oh, and I finally got Silhouette Mirage... and Rez!

EDIT: I think that OCB refers to a totally new character when he talks about this fourth (fifth if we count Amy) hedgehog. So he/ she's not "Super/ Hyper ***".
Last edited by Zarathustra on Wed May 31, 2006 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Here you can see Sonic has a new move, a stationary sweep..this is what they refered as a break dance move. ^_^

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... media.html

its the one called Sonic the Hedgehog Gameplay Movie 1

also other movies show the game how its supposed to be played, and Im impressed! this is going to be one kickass game.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

SegaSonic wrote:YES!! Knuckles and tails in action Stages again!!!
I'd love to play as knuckles and tails as long as I don't have to look for emeralds or race anyone.
Also it makes me feel kinda weird that cream or amy may not be in it. I mean I kinda of got used to getting annoyed by them.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Psychobob3 wrote:Can you just give a link to the SEGA Network thing and be done with it?
Seriously. What kind of relay are you playing here?

Psychobob3

Post by Psychobob3 »

I was assuming that the SEGA network was some kind of site since the term upload was used, but I can see from One Classy Blokes last response that this not the case.

As you can probably guess I’m not a forum regular of member, so you’ll have to forgive me for having no clue as to what One Classy Blokes contacts with SEGA are, but I’m guessing he works in the industry or something and that’s how he got his hands on the script.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

If it's possible, can you tell us in what other projects are your spoiling hands now, OCB?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Now, for some real question: how does it feel to know stuff most people won't for months to come?

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

Just seen the gameplay videos, and they have work to do with the "break dance kick" attack's physics, but that's an easy task; I'm starting to worry for the enemies' AI. Well, at least they're not Ninety-nine Nights moving targets, but I'm expecting some challenge on that. Also, it's the first time ever I noticed the psychic gauge of Silver... I'm fucking blind.

About the "knowing things others don't in advance", I think that might be something pretty awful, as you get to know things that you simply can't wait for in way too much advance; or things so fucking half-assed (like Pop) you don't want anybody to know just so you won't break their silly hopes.
I really appreciate people like One Classy Bloke for having these kind of tasks (well, for that matter I appreciate any spoil-head out there).

You can play the Mega Drives' Sonic the Hedgehog for free on XBOX 360, or what? They fucking charged us with GCN, PS2, XBOX, cell phones... shit. Oh, and these Gamespot guys have some problems with the videos' AR, it seems.
Last edited by Zarathustra on Wed May 31, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Vector

Post by Vector »

Did somebody say Knuckles is confirmed in this game? How did you find out?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

It hasn't been confirmed, per se, but OCB says that other characters are playable, so Knuckles is a logical bet.

Also, where are all of these guests coming from?

Vector

Post by Vector »

I came over to see OCB's posts after PsxPhile mentioned them at SHQ.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Oh.
... shit, I can't think of anything witty to say.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

OCB, can you describe the design of that new hedgehog?