E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Did anyone think Sonic was HUGE compared to the humans...I mean ridiculously Giant like! what the hell is this!!!!??? is this what they ment when they said he was 5'10" now?

If they do that to Sonic, then this series is dead for me! and it will ruin the game, I mean its very stupid! Come on! what is this bullshit?

I hope its an error, for their sake and ours.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Arcade wrote:You know what scares me most? the idea that some Sega guys are using some lame Sonic forums to get ideas and copy the worst ones they can found!.
You know those illiterate jackasses you see on the message boards who post those things? Who type like thirteen year olds, come up with this dumb trite and post it and then leave and never are seen again? Painful revelation time: They're balding thirty-somethings, and they leave the boards because they get jobs as story writers. We get up in the morning in the hopes of running our cars over their dogs—or better yet—their feet.

EDIT: Just got the video to work and didn't want to double-post.

Yeah, stuff with Sonic in it—looking playable, despite the 1Up report that shook my gleeful little happy-face sticker of a personality right down to its poorly adhesive core. And Honky... what is this? Could it be the psychic schtick may have some creative and fun elements of gameplay, such as warping that beam to use it as a spring? I might almost be willing to forgive his conception—after all, what Black Doom's Eye and an albino dung beetle do in private when they're intoxicated is none of my business, right?

Oh, and the music? Fantasttic!

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I'm a bit worried about Sonic's gameplay, but just a bit. It doesn't look completly unplayable, but it looks like you'll need quick reflexes in that one water stage to get past those pits. Silver's gameplay doesn't seem as stupid as I thought it would, actually. I just hope he can do more than what was shown.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Someone from SWS2BMB got a chance to try this game out at E3 and here are his impressions of Silver's gameplay:
<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> Its official - Straight off the E3 floor and from Sazpaimon's loud mouth.

<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> Sonic next gen for Xbox 360.

<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> The character's name has been identified as SILVER.

<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> While the gameplay is pretty decent, Silver's levels are not. He does not, I repeat, NOT play anything like Sonic.

<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> For one, he moves rather slow and cannot do standard sonic attacks. Secondly he uses psychic powers to make items float and attack enemies, but you have to be still for this.

<NIKKI_HAS_E3_INFO> He also levatates when 'jumping'
http://www.sws2b.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7011

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

The Sonic stuff looks really great to me. It looks incredibly lucid.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Are there any clips I can download that don't require me to join something?

Stardust Speedman

Post by Stardust Speedman »

Hi Green Gibbon!! Yes, you can download the latest gameplay footage from here: http://rapidshare.de/files/20145485/son ... t.mov.html

Espio

Post by Espio »

Taken from the latest E3-preview at Gamespot:
The other playable level puts you in the role of Silver the Hedgehog, who is, yes, a silver hedgehog. Silver's level is significantly slower-paced than Sonic's since she plays completely differently. Silver runs along at a medium speed, and instead of a homing jump attack, Silver can use telekinesis to lift up large objects and fling them at enemies. Also, Silver can hover in the air for short periods of time.
Turns out that Whitey (Silver) is maybe a she, if it its not just a missprint... :lol:

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I can't wait for the inevitable threesome fan-art.

Stardust Speedman

Post by Stardust Speedman »

Actually, Silver could not be a she, because he has defenately a he voice in the trailer. He also doesn't look female at all. Female Sonic characters are always exaggeratedly looking Female (which is very good, in my opinion). So, this must just be a missprint.

Espio

Post by Espio »

Stardust Speedman wrote:Actually, Silver could not be a she, because he has defenately a he voice in the trailer. He also doesn't look female at all. Female Sonic characters are always exaggeratedly looking Female (which is very good, in my opinion). So, this must just be a missprint.
Maybe Silver just has one of those fancy hat's from the drag-movie "Pricilla, Qeen Of The Desert" , and the deep voice of Kathleen Turner... :lol:

Grant

Post by Grant »

Stardust Speedman wrote:Female Sonic characters are always exaggeratedly looking Female (which is very good, in my opinion).
What a weird thing to say.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Besides, if Silver is a she, wouldn't s/he be wearing clothes of some sort, or even have titties?

Anon

Post by Anon »

(...) wrote:You do realise that the Sonic games have never had any continuity with each other in the true sense? They're very much like the Final Fantasy series in that respect.
Actually, the Sonic Adventure mythos was first mentioned in Sonic 3's Japanese manual, although not nearly as great in detail.

Haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've seen the screenshots. The new Eggman is... different, and I don't know if it's in a good way or bad way. He still has the Eggman vibe, but he doesn't seem to be as fat anymore; that completely kills his nickname. The moustache makes him look like Gerald, and I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing.

The first thing I thought when I saw Silver is "...holy shit bad fancharacter." Even as much as I didn't care for Shadow being a Super Sonic recolor, at least his design didn't strike me as bad. That's sad too, because his gameplay sounds pretty interesting.

The new princess? Tikal if she were a human. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting.
Omni Hunter wrote:Besides, if Silver is a she, wouldn't s/he be wearing clothes of some sort, or even have titties?
You forget about Tikal and Blaze. (Granted, echidnas aren't supposed to have breasts because they don't have nipples, but still.)

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Also, another question I have to ask is the nature of this new character's specie. I'm hearing stuff about hedgehogs but surely the new design could mean "porcupine" or something.

I know that Blaze and Big are different but they are from totally different dimensions.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The character select screen on the E3 demo said "Silver the Hedgehog".

(...)

Post by (...) »

NEW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2974_en.html

Random thoughts:
- Psi-Ops the Hedgehog has the dubious honour of the first next-gen pit-death! ;)
- The collision detection on the Sonic level seems REALLY forgiving (which can only be a good thing). There's a moment when Sonic deliberately runs off the edge of a platform, and rather than plumetting into a bottomless pit, he stops and teeters on the edge. There's also a bit where the player just misses a ramp, but the game accepts that Sonic meant to hit the ramp (similar stuff happens with the "jumping on the rope sequence" and the "jumping from the turbulence wave through a rainbow-coloured ring sequence").
- The camera in the Sonic level is all over the place, and the controls seem VERY light.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Well, finally saw the trailer. (Not the newer one; a minute-and-a-half vid for close to 100 MB, and I'm on 56k? Too rich for my blood.)

The more I watch the trailer, the more this whole thing is starting to look like Sonic Adventure remixed. The city overall is giving off that Station Square vibe, including the various scenes where it look like it's being destroyed. That lava moster (which looks fugly, btw) kinda reminds me of Perfect Chaos, only not the badass cgi one where it's ripping through the building. Hell, there's even the mention of Town Stages (basically Adventure Fields, only renamed).

But then, I'm also getting inklings of Shadow the Hedgehog. Some of the stages looks also mystical and fantasy-esque like how they were in the old games, but some of them are carrying that SA2/ShtH look. Shadow's inclusion doesn't help either, and neither does Silver's encounter with that Hot Shot-looking mech.

I think I'm getting used to Eggman's new look, although I still wish that he would have the pot belly that he did during the SA series. If this dieting trend keeps up, then he's eventually gonna become regular size.

Does anyone else notice that Sonic's collecting something when he's attacking that group of robots? Wonder what that's about.

...damnit, do Shadow and Silver have the same VAs?

My guess is that this 'Iblis Trigger' that Silver's speaking of has to do with some sort of ancient prophecy that revolves around Sonic, the Flames of Disaster, and that ugly-as-sin lava monster (which is probably the embodiment of said Flames). In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Emeralds powered up that lava monster much like they did Chaos. It's a lot of speculation, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

damnit, do Shadow and Silver have the same VAs?

Shadow and Sonic have the same va (Jason Griffith) in the 4kids cast, so it wouldn't be surprising if he's voicing Silver too. The situation sort of reminds me of Sonic Underground where Jaleel White voiced all 3 hedgehog characters as well.

Anon

Post by Anon »

James McGeachie wrote:The situation sort of reminds me of Sonic Underground where Jaleel White voiced all 3 hedgehog characters as well.
Only this time, we won't have to worry about a guy trying to provide the voice for a female adolscent hedgehog.

Man, that singing still gives me nightmares...

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Amazing Grant wrote:
Stardust Speedman wrote:Female Sonic characters are always exaggeratedly looking Female (which is very good, in my opinion).
What a weird thing to say.
To be fair, if I'd said it, it'd be almost as weird.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Sonic Cult has uploaded complete runthroughs of Sonic and Silver's playable stages.

Color me thoroughly optimistic.

EDIT: Another video was added, which shows off the Sonic Wii promo video with Sonic tossing the controller, along with an extended version of the NextGen promo which includes some new footage, along with a new jungle stage, which- get this- contains a seemingly unscripted loop-esque vine. I am erect.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

UBERNESS@!@!!!!!

This game looks better and better! Is that some kind of kicking robot I see in the Jungle level? what is that!?

EDIT: PREPARE TO BE BLOWN AWAY!

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php ... ext_hp_mpb

Post by Guest »

Ritz wrote:Sonic Cult has uploaded complete runthroughs of Sonic and Silver's playable stages.

Color me thoroughly optimistic.

EDIT: Another video was added, which shows off the Sonic Wii promo video with Sonic tossing the controller, along with an extended version of the NextGen promo which includes some new footage, along with a new jungle stage, which- get this- contains a seemingly unscripted loop-esque vine. I am erect.
...Unscripted...loops....holy shit.

NextGen Sonic has me slightly optimistic. It looks like Sonic Adventure 1's Sonic Stages(the only ones I enjoy) with better physics and sense of speed. Silver's unoriginal story role is slightly unsettling, but his gameplay seems interesting and more platforming based. Now all I have to worry about the emo gangsta and his jeep.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

This I worry about...will the PS3 version be better or worse? Also..did they scrapped the idea of passing time within the levels?