StH: White hedgehog revealed · Shadow · PC Version

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

However, now the "who am i what am i doing here where do i come from MARIA " crap is out of the way
The very end of Sonic Adventure 2 hinted that Sonic could be the true ultimate life form (this was an idea that was also raised in the strategy guide story). Seeing as the white hedgehog knows something about Sonic’s past, I wouldn’t be surprised if this game expands on the ultimate life form concept, which would link it to Shadow’s back story.
Multiple characters was one of the biggest strengths of S3&K, after all... but the different characters controlled more like variations on a theme than the completely unrelated styles of SA1 or 2.
Another strength of S3&K’s multiple characters was that each one had their own unique level routes. One of the problems with recent games, (particularly in the Advance series, Heroes and Rush) is that the different characters mostly follow the same path with only the slightest of alterations.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Indeed! I wouldn't mind seeing the alternate routes again. But I'd also be happy with each character having their own seperate levels, like Sonic and Shadow did in SA2.

Anything other than being forced to repeat the exact same levels over!

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

What's with the uber-gay chest-tuft? I hate that.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Yeah, alternate routes would be cool. I also hope that the other character(s) will play similar to Sonic, but with slight alterations (like Tails' flying or Knuckles' gliding). However if they did play exactly the same but the levels/paths were substantially different, I wouldn't mind to much. The new character's look doesn't bother me that much, to be honest.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I just think that new character is excessively ugly.

How many characters does the Sonic universe need anyway? We could populate a small town with Sonic characters nowadays.

Post by Guest »

Hope Sonic Team stay with only these three characters in the game, and that they leave the rest of the 'Sonic-family' out of this one.

The new 'whitey' looks ok. At least he(?) is different to Sonic and Shadow. -And the chest-hair? -Shadow has it too... :roll:

Shake

--------

Post by Shake »

I cannot wait for if/when Shadow and Whitey fight. A hate crime could very well redeem this game. >.>

Joking, mind you. All in all, I wouldn't mind seeing more Kart racing too.

Just so, mind you, they can give Shadow an Escalade and Whitey a Porsche. >.>

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I can see it now, the last story being 3 Super Hedgehogs fighting a dragon-like creature. :confused: how original. >_<

I hope the new character dies.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

SegaSonic wrote:I hope the new character dies.
You expect that to stick?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I am getting creepy flashbacks to Sonic Underground.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

FlashTHD wrote:Still, he may just a be another one-shot character...
Don't bet on it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Still, he may just a be another one-shot character...
Like Shadow, Rouge, Cream? These days, the only one-shot characters are the villains.

And he looks gay. Really gay. In the homosexual sense.

I'm putting money on him being Sonic's son traveled back in time, because that's the cheesy thing they'd do.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

He looks mystique..so maybe like Tikal he will "POOF" at the end! ...Me hopes.

Knuckles also had a mural of prophecies of a Hedgehog who will fight this evil for the Master Emerald.

So..the theme of this game could be similar?

I only hope the Princess is Human.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Fri May 05, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Zeta wrote:I'm putting money on him being Sonic's son traveled back in time, because that's the cheesy thing they'd do.
Holy hell, don't say things like that. They might get ideas.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Seriously.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Guys, don't tip toe around it. Call him Whitey! You know that's his name. Look at him! Don't you know Whitey when you see him?

Besides, he's obviously meant to be the ying to Shadow's yang. And who else would be keeping the black hedgehog down? Damn you, Whitey!

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Shut up, whitey.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Wouldn't that make him . . . the "White Shadow"?

Let's start taking bets on his name.

Taking bets on "Illumino", "Blanco", "Shiroi", "Light", "Clear", "Mirage", "Shine", "Phantom", "Spectre", "Seraph", "Angel", "Lightning", and "Mach".

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

If they make him evil I hope they go all the way and make him a real bastard. No crappy touching backstory. No redeeming self sacrifice. Just a real sunofabitch.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

He's not going to be evil! He's going to be super righteous and dedicated. He'll be trying to acheive some vaguely harmonious mystical goal, but he won't want anyone's help, because he has big superiority complex and no sense of humour. He has to save the world... himself!

The name will definitely be related to light in some way. Normally I'd guess something like "Lightstar." Or maybe "Nightlight!"

But since all the names introduced so far have sounded like half-assed tolkeinisms, I'm going to go with "Solarariolas Tarn Beamykins."

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh wait. Just "Solar the Hedgehog", I bet.

Rar. I would've just prefered they use Blaze . . . how I miss her. <3

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

"You can't stop me! Wherever there is a Shadow, there must always be light!"

FWOOOOOSH

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's like D&D!
Sonic is Chaotic Good, Shadow is Lawful Evil, which means Solar the Whitey must be Neutral Neutral. Which means he won't care about anything. Or have any motivations.

"Tell my wife . . . hello."

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Kishi wrote:In my extremely narrow and close-minded view of the series, its roots do not involve tired exploitative cash-ins like Shadow or overall shitty derivative character designs like Mr. White.
I wouldn't call "Whitey" deriative, just fugly. Shadow fits that bill more, but he's at least a different enough character and has justified his existance in continuity by now, so I don't mind him much. I imagine the same will go for Whitey if his character doesn't suck.

The anti-"new characters every game" argument isn't that sound. A lot of other long-running series introduce new characters often. Some handle it better than others, some don't. As long as these characters aren't over-extended like Cream, and they turn out decently, it's fine to throw a new face in.
Quoting my comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and you are a faggot.
Looking back, maybe that wasn't the right post to quote (maybe); regardless, if all the characters end up having identical play mechanics, then your point is meaningless. BTW, you have no idea what a faggot is until you've been to the Sonic Stadium forums. Trust me.

Summarizing the point I was trying to make, all I ask is for the cynical about the series' condition to think before they blurt out a paranoid reaction like "FUCK YOU SEGA", or abandon all hope for the game to be good at the sight of a new character/fan-fiction-sounding story/anything less consequential.

I'm sure i'll regret making this observation like I compared the burning city to Westopolis, but Whitey's head looks like Doom's Eye

CM August

Post by CM August »

It's not really paranoia to say one is disgusted with Sega.