StH: White hedgehog revealed · Shadow · PC Version

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

FlashTHD wrote:BTW, you have no idea what a faggot is until you've been to the Sonic Stadium forums. Trust me.
I take it you're referring to Flint, Roarey, BirdieGryphon and Falc? For what it's worth, they all happen to be good friends of mine. So, yeah, I hope you aren't trying to start something
Only one of those four I recognize is Roarey, which I had one run-in with because...well, I won't go into details, becuase i'm not trying to start something. All i'm trying to say is that, from my personal experience, that place is an idiot magnet.

Anyway, the Gamespot preview: it sure sounds like they're redesigning the entire returning cast for this one. Eggman after drinking Slim-Fast, tall Sonic, and maybe even some redesigned badniks from the Genesis era...SA1 was the last time we saw a redesign of that magnitude, and the style of the characers has stuck since, but I wonder if these makeovers are just for one game. What would be the point? Other than stretching a little artistic license?

Post by Guest »

Some other reasons why that picture could be fake:

1) It would have been announced if it was coming out on the PC and if it had Xbox Live capablities.

2) The third hedgehog is supposed cream/white coloured, but it's grey and is basically just a fusion of three existing characters (Shadow's chest, Jet's hair-do, Rouge-type boots)

3) Shadow is the Blur Studios model

4) Sonic is NOT the Blur Studios model

5) The shadows don't match up

6) The background was just taken from a screenshot

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Damn, if its fake it sure looks good...somewhat.
Shadow is the Blur Studios model
looks different to me...looks more shiny or something.
The background was just taken from a screenshot
Which one?
The third hedgehog is supposed cream/white coloured, but it's grey and is basically just a fusion of three existing characters (Shadow's chest, Jet's hair-do, Rouge-type boots)
The IGN editors are blind and airheads, thus they said he was White and or cream colored. Sonic Team isnt as original in the chest department anymore look at what they did to Espio. Those are his quills not feathers and he has a large quill behind them little ones, Would Rouge be the only one with boots? Hes also the one character without gloves!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

What are you talking about? He's wearing gloves. Look closely at his right hand, it's somewhat shinier than the rest of his body. Also, his left hand has some sort of runic symbol on it.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

But his hands are the same color as his body, wouldnt it be akward to have gloves the same color as you body?
Last edited by SegaSonic on Sat May 06, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

They're the same color as everyone else's gloves, as well.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Huh!? What are you talking about? 0_o

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

I wonder!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

So you admit he has no gloves? :)

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I'm gonna vote for having gloves.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Meh..I dont really care...I wish he has gloves though.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Ritz wrote:
FlashTHD wrote:BTW, you have no idea what a faggot is until you've been to the Sonic Stadium forums. Trust me.
I take it you're referring to Flint, Roarey, BirdieGryphon and Falc? For what it's worth, they all happen to be good friends of mine. So, yeah, I hope you aren't trying to start something
I bet you won't hit him, though.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Gosh, of course not, I might break a nail.

Oh Baba, you big silly.
Spoiler: I'm not actually gay.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Well, assuming the picture is real, I'm in pretty much the same boat as Esrever. I don't mind the new white character (and if he's referring to Sonic as Ibliss, we may as well start calling him a "Jihadhog"), but if they actually are including Shadow in this one, then it's pretty much sapped of all credibility right off the bat.

Post by Guest »

If the white hedgehog was gay he would have more fashion sense than that and would look a lot sexier.

I'm pretty sure he's a breeder with no sense of style, like most of you nerds.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

I go on holiday and this comes up after 2 days?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Can you confirm if it is real then?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Anonymous wrote:Some other reasons why that picture could be fake:

1) It would have been announced if it was coming out on the PC and if it had Xbox Live capablities.

2) The third hedgehog is supposed cream/white coloured, but it's grey and is basically just a fusion of three existing characters (Shadow's chest, Jet's hair-do, Rouge-type boots)

3) Shadow is the Blur Studios model

4) Sonic is NOT the Blur Studios model

5) The shadows don't match up

6) The background was just taken from a screenshot
But if you pause for a moment and realize that this is from the cover of a brochure Sega will hand out at E3... if Shadow is the Blur Studios model, that could mean Shadow the Hedgehog is PC-bound. That was something that originally crossed my mind.

Also, what screenshot was the BG taken from? I can't find one that matches. Nor do I really see what you mean by "the shadows don't match".

Still, speaking as someone who has done more than his fair share of hoaxes, when I first saw this image, I immediately thought hoax. The new character's design just isn't really creative enough; it really does look like a lame fanmade character, which are generally constructed of bits and pieces of more popular characters. Then again, the plot as a whole doesn't feel creative enough.

Really, we only have a couple of days until all our questions will be answered, though.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Shadow with a gun looked like a hoax remember.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Oh, and also:
FlashTHD wrote:Only one of those four I recognize is Roarey, which I had one run-in with because...well, I won't go into details, becuase i'm not trying to start something. All i'm trying to say is that, from my personal experience, that place is an idiot magnet.
Such is the curse of popularity. The more popular, the more members you get that aren't exactly bright; namely because it's easier for them to find your site. It's not that Sonic Stadium is an Idiot Magnet, it's that Popularity is an idiot magnet, and Sonic Stadium is a popular hang-out - up there with SonicHQ as pretty much the Sonic site.

Which I think speaks volumes of the GHZ's popularity, when you think about it; Between the strict guidelines that everything must be referenced as their romanized japanese names, to the fact it mostly covers the games only (with an immense focus on the Genesis games rather than the newer titles), I figure it alienates most "casual" Sonic fans where they end up at one of the other sites I mentioned.
SegaSonic wrote:Shadow with a gun looked like a hoax remember.
Which is a testament to just how absurd the whole thing really is. When Sonicteam stops surprising me in the "Whoa, that's awesome!" way and instead begins to surprise me in the "This can't be for real. Are things really this dire?" way, you know something's gone amiss.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm pretty sure he's a breeder with no sense of style, like most of you nerds.
Shows what you know. I'm a queer with no sense of style. So THERE!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Anonymous wrote:If the white hedgehog was gay he would have more fashion sense than that and would look a lot sexier.
You don't know very many gay people, do you?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:But if you pause for a moment and realize that this is from the cover of a brochure Sega will hand out at E3... if Shadow is the Blur Studios model, that could mean Shadow the Hedgehog is PC-bound. That was something that originally crossed my mind.
Do you actually know that this will be a brochure Sega will be handing out? Or are you just taking that from the original post, because that has no grounds aside from the other forum topic it was taken from.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Double-S- wrote:
BlazeHedgehog wrote:But if you pause for a moment and realize that this is from the cover of a brochure Sega will hand out at E3... if Shadow is the Blur Studios model, that could mean Shadow the Hedgehog is PC-bound. That was something that originally crossed my mind.
Do you actually know that this will be a brochure Sega will be handing out? Or are you just taking that from the original post, because that has no grounds aside from the other forum topic it was taken from.
Going by the original post, I guess. I saw this image over at the Sonic Stadium, first, which is where they said it.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Anyways, it's confirmed now with the trailer Spazz just posted. This is sad.