StH: White hedgehog revealed · Shadow · PC Version

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Lizard

StH: White hedgehog revealed · Shadow · PC Version

Post by Lizard »

<small>Segaholic2: Rehosted the image here on The GHZ.</small>

Looks like a bad fan character. Shadow seems to be in the game so I guess that means Tails, Knuckles, Amy etc will be in the there too. For other news it seems the game will also come to the PC. Good for those who don't want to buy a next-gen console.

Edit: Should problably add a source.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98435

The image is apparently from a brochure that Sega will hand out under E3.
Last edited by Lizard on Fri May 05, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Hah, great, the last thing anyone wanted in this game. I wonder if he's playable too, why not I guess, gamers obviously want quantity over quality.

Psychobob3tb

Post by Psychobob3tb »

James McGeachie wrote:Hah, great, the last thing anyone wanted in this game. I wonder if he's playable too, why not I guess, gamers obviously want quantity over quality.
Actually I think it's been mentioned that you meet various characters throughout the game. However rather than this being a StH setup it's probably more akin the system used in Donald Ducks Quackshot.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Aw, look at his cute wittwe boots. Fag.
James McGeachie wrote:I wonder if he's playable too
Dude, the post <a href="viewtopic.php?t=1631">here</a> says he's playable, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I think James is refering to Shadow.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Jesus FUCKING Christ. I hate you, Sega.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Oh fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why was I stupid enough to believe that that "goodbye forever" line at the end of Shadow's game meant that he was finally going to stop showing up in every damn game Sonic Team craps out? Why!?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Wow. Wowowowowowowow.

That's one of the worst things I've seen in a while.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

My only hope for this game is the level design. If those town stages turn to be platforming levels with no pits and not just adventure fields where you interact with NPCs, I might enjoy this somewhat. Otherwise I see Sonic Heroes combined with a forum RPG.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

CM August wrote:Jesus FUCKING Christ. I hate you, Sega.
Owen Axel wrote:Oh fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why was I stupid enough to believe that that "goodbye forever" line at the end of Shadow's game meant that he was finally going to stop showing up in every damn game Sonic Team craps out? Why!?
This is exactly how I feel Shadow is the worst thing that ever happened to the Sonic franchise. However, now the "who am i what am i doing here where do i come from MARIA " crap is out of the way, perhaps he will be a LITTLE more bearable. So much for Sega's reinvention though.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Arg! Why do you do this, SEGA?

Sigh, oh well. I knew this kind of shit would happen close to E3, or not, during E3. SONICTEAM must go to DeviantArt a lot. Shadow is in the game too, but as b_boult said, he should be a little more bearable now since he found out his "purpose" and all... But what will he do now?

I suppose I should not worry. Cream was in Sonic Rush and I enjoyed that game. The same could apply with this game, only with Shadow and that faggy white hedgehog.

James McGeachie

Yeah I was wondering if Shadow was playable. This image seems to suggest there's going to be a large focus on these 3 characters specifically and it's already confirmed 2 of 3 are playable. That would suggest it's likely Shadow's going to be playable again too, obviously the last thing this game could possibly need but it seems all hope of this game really being what people wanted is out the window anyway now.

All I'm personally hoping for at this point is solid gameplay, level design and no camera problems.

Pat Magroin

Post by Pat Magroin »

That picture reminds me of this image.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Haha that picture. Also if the game IS going to focus on all 3 characters, the name "Sonic the Hedgehog" sounds completely irrelevant now.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

It all makes sense now! Sonic is Goku, Shadow is Vegeta, and the new guy is Trunks. You and your Dragon Ball Z references, SONICTEAM.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

UGH.

Just fucking UGH!

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Oh, man. The love affair is officially over. The game may still end up being playable, but I have no more illusions about it returning the series to its roots in any way whatsoever.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The new guy doesn't really bother me so much. But Shadow... that bothers me.

The only hope is that, if they're really rewritting the whole Sonic universe from scratch, they will write Shadow as a better character this time.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Yuck. That guy is hideous. The pose and chest puff only makes it worse. Still, he may just a be another one-shot character, and if you think about what approach they're taking with the story, it seems to me like a reasonable assumption. Shadow...well, no telling what that will amount to. It does bring up the possibility that all three of them control identically, and/or that they're all character skins like Metal Sonic from SADX.

You guys really, despereately need to stop clinging to this strict definition you have over what the "series' roots" are. You're not just a normal level of paranoid here.
Jesus FUCKING Christ. I hate you, Sega.
Haha that picture. Also if the game IS going to focus on all 3 characters, the name "Sonic the Hedgehog" sounds completely irrelevant now.
Oh, man. The love affair is officially over. The game may still end up being playable, but I have no more illusions about it returning the series to its roots in any way whatsoever.
I mean, god, do you even think before you post this crap, or do you just let the sudden nature of it all get to you and fart out an excessive rejection of the facts? (Yes, I am fully aware that Shadow and Heroes are widely despised here. It still doesn't necessarily justify the above comments.)
Last edited by FlashTHD on Fri May 05, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Quoting my comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and you are a faggot.

Mark Hendrie

Post by Mark Hendrie »

Frieza2000 wrote:Image

My only hope for this game is the level design. If those town stages turn to be platforming levels with no pits and not just adventure fields where you interact with NPCs, I might enjoy this somewhat. Otherwise I see Sonic Heroes combined with a forum RPG.
Right on, Frieza2000

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

In my extremely narrow and close-minded view of the series, its roots do not involve tired exploitative cash-ins like Shadow or overall shitty derivative character designs like Mr. White.

(...)

Post by (...) »

Uh, what are you all getting so upset about?

In all the journalist previews, it says pretty plainly that Sonic and white-Sonic are the only playable characters in the game. Just because Shadow is in a promotional picture, it doesn't mean he's actually playable in the game.
Why was I stupid enough to believe that that "goodbye forever" line at the end of Shadow's game meant that he was finally going to stop showing up in every damn game Sonic Team craps out? Why!?
This is probably a bad time to bring up the unlockables in Sonic Riders. ;)

James McGeachie

(...) wrote:Uh, what are you all getting so upset about?

In all the journalist previews, it says pretty plainly that Sonic and white-Sonic are the only playable characters in the game.
Can you link to a source that flat out says that? I only recall them saying that the new character is playable, not that he's the only other playable character.

The fact there's no mention of Shadow being playable yet doesn't automatically mean he's not, perhaps they're saving it for a wonderful surprise at E3!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't really mind if other characters are playable, as long as they all play in a style relatively similar to Sonic's. Multiple characters was one of the biggest strengths of S3&K, after all... but the different characters controlled more like variations on a theme than the completely unrelated styles of SA1 or 2.

That said, I'd still rather not have any extra characters that are lame. Whitey... whitey looks kind of lame. But maybe he will have a likeable personality or be a neat character within the context of the story. Shadow, on the other had, has a pretty good looking character design, but he has a lame personality and is lame within the context of the story.

Sigh!