Need for Sonic Underground Rivals (PSP)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Has GG! had any dreams about this game yet? He seems to have a thing for visions, seeing as he accurately foresaw Shadow.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Wooduck51 wrote:Has GG! had any dreams about this game yet? He seems to have a thing for visions, seeing as he accurately foresaw Shadow.

Dash

Post by Dash »

SegaSonic wrote: Maybe Silver is as fast as Knuckles, he just seems kinda slow in StH, maybe he hates running, why run when you can blow everything away with pyschic powers?
I played a demo of Sonic Rivals at PAX. Honkey the Hegehog there runs at about the same speed as Sonic and Shadow and I think Knuckles did too. They're all basically skins.

And oh yeah, it was awful. I believe I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

FlashTHD wrote:
Wooduck51 wrote:Has GG! had any dreams about this game yet? He seems to have a thing for visions, seeing as he accurately foresaw Shadow.
You did realize I said that somewhat jokingly, or at least not seriously enough to actually bother him as to whether or not he had such a dream.

bolt7

Post by bolt7 »

Sorry to quote an old old post but,
Dead Eyes Eggman makes his PSP debut! Man this game looks like ass.
Classic Eggman makes his PSP debut imo. He looks more like he does in the origional games, compared to SA and Heroes. He does look shit though, being as flat as a pancake n'all.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

FlashTHD wrote:
Hybrid wrote:I'm hoping this game has no storyline to speak of so that Silver can feasibly appear without having to still actually exist in the timeline.
Too late by a couple months.
How so? I haven't been paying much attention to this game, understandably.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Hybrid wrote:
FlashTHD wrote:
Hybrid wrote:I'm hoping this game has no storyline to speak of so that Silver can feasibly appear without having to still actually exist in the timeline.
Too late by a couple months.
How so? I haven't been paying much attention to this game, understandably.
http://news.sonicstadium.org/story/195/
First of all, the story that concerns Sonic the hedgehog involves Sonic going on a mission to save his good friends Amy Rose and Miles "Tails" Prower, who by some as of yet unconfirmed mysterious power/character have been turned into cards. The information points to the nefarious Dr Eggman being behind this deed but nothing more has been confirmed.

Knuckles the Echidna's profile says that he also has had something important to him get the card treatment, more precisely, the master emerald. As anyone's guess, Knuckles goes off to save his precious charge and gets involved in a race with Sonic and the other competitors.

Shadow is drawn into the fray after he recieves a strange transmission from Dr Eggman, taking him to a strange land area. He then finds something very strange and must race to Dr Eggman to get the full truth about this enigmatic thing that he discovers.

Silver the hedgehog is also summoned from a strange place to find someone he apparently doesn't have a clue about. The quest to find this person involves him having to resort to finding Dr Eggman in order to get some clues that will lead him to the person he is trying to look for.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

That's all frankly, moonic.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

"moonic"?

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

It belongs on the moon.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

What the fuck sort of story is that.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

One that references the Master Emerald, for once.

That's about the best I can say for it, though.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

You know what this game really needs? Jet the Hawk and Fang the Sniper chasing after an ancient treasure that has been turned into... no, not one card, but *two* cards! How's that for something different!

...what the fuck sort of sense is this story supposed to make?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Perhaps it's some kind of attempt to remain playful and light hearted to appease those complaining about the series getting dark while including a complicated story to appease the fans of the storyline. They either need to start paying their writers or stop paying them. I'm not sure where they stand on that right now, but whatever the case it's time they toggled the payment status of whoever's been responsible for these last few years of embarrassment.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Wasn't the original story something about Sonic and Knuckles talking about their past rivalry and then Shadow got involved and they start racing and Dr Eggman started putting traps in the way.

It was for that brief time when Silver was a mere glint in the developers eye.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

But it's just stupid - if you're going to do a small game like this, especially one that's intended for multiplayer, you don't really need a story. The story Forza metions would work just fine if you threw Silver in as well.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

First of all, the story that concerns Sonic the hedgehog involves Sonic going on a mission to save his good friends Amy Rose and Miles "Tails" Prower, who by some as of yet unconfirmed mysterious power/character have been turned into cards
"Amy, I had this crazy dream where there were two Sonics..."

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Wow, now you really know Silver doesnt die in StH.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Why do I have a feeling this game will feature some silly YGO-like card mini game?

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

But it's just stupid - if you're going to do a small game like this, especially one that's intended for multiplayer, you don't really need a story.
Sonic Battle didn't need a story and oh, look what happened there.

Like this plot actually affects any of you people who aren't going to play it! Shit, I need to not post anything like that here again.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ngangbius wrote:Why do I have a feeling this game will feature some silly YGO-like card mini game?
Maybe because of my avatar?

why do I have a feeling this new enemy looks like a Magician or Joker?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

SegaSonic wrote:Wow, now you really know Silver doesnt die in StH.
Not entirely. Sounds like Rivals might pre-date Sonic 2k6, plot-wise. It doesn't take a genius to piece it together:
The quest to find this person involves him having to resort to finding Dr Eggman in order to get some clues that will lead him to the person he is trying to look for.
"I finally found him, the Iblis Trigger."

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

So that means Sonic may recognize who Silver is in StH?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I don't know. Silver may never actually have direct contact with Sonic in Rivals. There are a lot of ways you can play off, "Shoot! I just missed him!"

Or, hell, Rivals could just be non-continuity. Like Sonic Battle. There's a lot of shit in Sonic Battle that apparently contradicts events in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, at least according to it's Wikipedia article.
Last edited by BlazeHedgehog on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yeah, starting on Heroes they screwed the storyline.