Need for Sonic Underground Rivals (PSP)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Maybe it's a race to see who kills it first or lands the most hits.

It's a pretty boring, ineffectual enemy design. I had flashbacks to the Game Gear installments.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

If it's who kills it first, you'd have to keep track of hits separately and have it not die until either one had reached the required number; obviously just seeing who gets the winning hit would be stupid. Of course, that's equivalent to just counting who gets the most hits, except without the parts at the end that don't affect it - unless they *do* affect it because they affect your - well, not your score, oresumably, but something that carries over into other levels.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I've gotta say, I find this entire game kind of baffling. Why on earth would you make a kid-targeted, multiplayer-driven handheld game for the PSP? Are there a lot of 12-year-olds running around with PSPs at recess that I don't know about?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well, there are people over the age of 12 with near-disposable incomes who would want to play this game because they love Sonic that much. I shit you not.

I'm not seeing why they are excited over this though. The game still looks like a bore even if it does look great for a DS game.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I'm totally digging that textured Eggman. And check out the inside of the turtle's mouth; would it kill them to add some geography there? I'm sure a few pipes wouldn't break the polygon bank.

The excitement is mounting.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Wow. That Eggman pretty much sets the mood for the project as a whole, doesn't it?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I would say I don't think this game could get any more pathetic, except I am totally anticipating it getting more pathetic. I love a good train wreck.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Dead Eyes Eggman makes his PSP debut! Man this game looks like ass.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm not seeing why they are excited over this though. The game still looks like a bore even if it does look great for a DS game.
It's not a DS game, though.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Exactly.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

IGN just updated with some pictures of the robots you'll be smashing... <a href="http://media.psp.ign.com/media/826/8262 ... >Animal</i> robots</a>.

It's been a while since we saw something like that, hasn't it?

muke

Post by muke »

Hopefully this doesn't suck. If it does, then I'll just play Loco Roko (SP?) to relieve my pain. I've just played the demo for LR and it's fantastic BTW.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

New Sonic Rivals trailer.

Shows a few previously unseen levels as well as gameplay footage of Knuckles and Silver. It still looks pretty rubbish to me.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Yep, it's still asstastic!

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

"pretty rubbish" doesn't even begin to describe it. You'd find a better quality game given away for free inside of a cereal box.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

<i>Chex Quest</i> was awesome for a heavily-modified-<i>DOOM</i>-given-away-for-free-inside-of-a-cereal-box, so that's not saying a whole lot.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:"pretty rubbish" doesn't even begin to describe it. You'd find a better quality game given away for free inside of a cereal box.
This is probably slightly unfair (I once played a great game called Mission Nutrition with Tony the Tiger it was a gem :cool: ) but lmao. To be honest this looks a lot better than it used to, and although the concept of "racing" is pretty terrible and having it confined to one screen for both characters makes it look a tad clumsy, it might be a bit of fun to race through these levels who knows. Also the music from what I heard appeared to be good enough, no dull Shadow-esque music that I worried would creep into all new games. I won't be playing it though on the fact I sold my PSP so whether its good or not is pretty irrelevant to me anyway.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

New box art, nice that they trew Knuckles there...however that art looks kinda off.

they also say REMIX factory is making the music.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Mirai Silver's inclusion is kind of foreboding. He really, really needs to go back to his alternate timeline ala Trunks or just cease to exist Back to the Future style. We've already got Blaze coming back. If they stuff in another permanent story driven main character the series is going to start vomiting out new games instead of excreting them.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

SegaSonic wrote:Image
"Out of the way, buttmunch!"

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Wait a minute, in StH Silver is meant to be really slow. How the fuck is that going to work in a game based around racing the two fastest living creatures on the planet (and Knuckles who isn't exactly slow either). I'm hoping this game has no storyline to speak of so that Silver can feasibly appear without having to still actually exist in the timeline.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Look at Amy, she was slower than anyone in SA yet she was the speed character in Heroes.

Maybe Silver is as fast as Knuckles, he just seems kinda slow in StH, maybe he hates running, why run when you can blow everything away with pyschic powers?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Hybrid wrote:I'm hoping this game has no storyline to speak of so that Silver can feasibly appear without having to still actually exist in the timeline.
Too late by a couple months.

OSM

Post by OSM »

Sonic on PSP=instant fail

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

OSM wrote:Sonic on PSP=instant fail
Can you use some of that magical clairvoyance you seem to have picked up to tell me if I will grow up to be a chef?