Sonic the Hedgehog preview article

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

^ That sounds suspiciously like an "ignorance is bliss" excuse, but if it stops the nitpicking until the substantial details are let out, i'm all for it.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Professor Machenstein wrote:I have no idea where you got the Light Dash from.
I believe there are some lines of rings in a movie or something that seem to indicate Light Dash paths.

(...)

Post by (...) »

FlashTHD wrote:^ That sounds suspiciously like an "ignorance is bliss" excuse, but if it stops the nitpicking until the substantial details are let out, i'm all for it.
Here are some substantial details.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704896p1.html

PS: I take back everything I said about the graphics.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Eh? It still doesn't look that great.

Or it could be the art direction for this game seems, meh.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

The game is looking like horseshit now, honestly if they told me this was running on a current gen console I wouldn't be impressed. I'm seriously hoping this was just a bad selection of shots and the game hasn't magically went from looking pretty good to exactly what I'd expect from a Shadow 2, but the new information IGN revealed is hardly helping me stay positive.

(...)

Post by (...) »

James McGeachie's kind of got a point, I take back what I said about taking back what I said about the graphics. It doesn't look bad, but some screenshots look better than others.

THIS equals "Best game ever"!
THIS doesn't.
The difference is that Sonic 2 and Sonic CD do have merits beyond the new features added to them such as level design, background art, and music. A game like Sonic Heroes, on the other hand, is devoid of all three of these and anything else even modestly entertaining or praiseworthy.
Wow. Subjective.
but I determine graphical quality from videos -- you know -- in motion.
Big mistake. The only available videos are the "camcorder in front of a TV" videos or the "320x240 IGN streaming internet" videos. It's easy for a next-gen game to look good in low definition.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

That's why we'll hopefully get to see some high-res action either through the Xbox Live promotion or elsewhere.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

How can anybody say those graphics look bad? They look well, as good as they possibly can for the artsyle. To be honest, we've hit the graphics threshold for me. The systems have become so advanced I can't tell a significant difference from the GC/Xbox/Ps2 generation to the next. And it annoys me that people are complaining about graphics when as far as I can tell, they're like one step away from photorealism anyways.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Popcorn wrote:
Professor Machenstein wrote:I have no idea where you got the Light Dash from.
I believe there are some lines of rings in a movie or something that seem to indicate Light Dash paths.
You rang?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

5' 10'', WTF?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I really haven't been following the limited media, but I just looked at some screenshots. I honestly don't think it looks that bad. The majority of the enviorments look decent to me, and the game looks pretty fun to play. Then again, it is kinda hard to tell anything with the little crap we have to work with. Also that new rival white hedgehog thing kinda pissed me off.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It is going to be really weird seeing Sonic stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Eggman and other humans, isn't it?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

It sounds kinda creepy to me.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Well, this preview here:

http://ps3.gamedaily.com/game/features/ ... =4626&id=2'

... seems to think that 'Sega has scaled Sonic the Hedgehog to make Sonic and his crew appear very small in the world of Humans'.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

That links leads to some N-Gage article from 2003.

I have already seen Game Daily's preview anyway. What caught my attenion what that Sonic can run across water now. Hydrocity Zone?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

http://ps3.gamedaily.com/game/features/ ... 626&id=292

There's the link.

So, um, we have two articles completely contradicting each other. I guess that's not surprising. Since Sega didn't actually SHOW anyone the parts with Sonic interacting with humans, I guess they're just ripping this information out of what was spoken at the presentation and one of them transcribed it the wrong way.

That would probably also explain why it's referred to as both the Iblis Dagger and the Iblis Trigger. :P

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Frieza2000 wrote:The difference is that Sonic 2 and Sonic CD <i>do</i> have merits beyond the new features added to them such as level design, background art, and music. A game like Sonic Heroes, on the other hand, is devoid of all three of these and anything else even modestly entertaining or praiseworthy. The teamplay gimmick is its sole memorable characteristic.
I agree on everything but the music. It was probably the game's only redeeming feature (excluding the "We Can" lyrics).