More Sonic spin-offs and 2D games

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Tails has a magic butt.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Cream was introduced in Sonic Advance 2, then crammed into everything else afterwards, whether she was relevent or not.

As for the s/f/p stats, all they affect are the skills the character has. For Speed, it's 1337 grinding skillz. Flight, you can use the wacky flight boosters. Power means you can hit shit.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Come to think of it, Cream's spindash is equally impossible. Is her empty head magical as well?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Tails has a magic butt.
You don't have to tell that to Sonic. ; D

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

jenkins wrote:Come to think of it, Cream's spindash is equally impossible. Is her empty head magical as well?
A wizard did her.

Ew.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Owen Axel wrote:
jenkins wrote:Come to think of it, Cream's spindash is equally impossible. Is her empty head magical as well?
A wizard did her.

Ew.
Lets see, how would you change Sonic characters powers and moves?.

For Cream: Erase the spindash, keep her chao attack and flying abilities, but that’s all, unless you want her to have a flying kick.

Tails :Keep the spin dash and all the moves he had in Sonic 3(But erase the super spindash cause that should be Sonic and Shadow exclusive), add the the powered tail attack of advance and make easier. Keep his flying abilities and give him some levels where he rides a giant Mecha and trash badnicks. If the mecha gets too much dame is destroyed. He would also have one level(Only one or it gets boring) where he rides the biplane and destroys flying badnicks.

Knuckles: He is ok, but I want Super knuckles back!, he only needs seven normal chaos emeralds, I think is unfair that he was erased for continuity!.

Amy: Uh...make the hammer easier to use and return her personality to Sonic adventure 1 style.

More when I get some sleep...

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Everyones' attitude was better in SA1 if you think about it, Knuckles was not a dumbass, I feel sorry for him now, Make fun of Shadow Dumbasses!. Amy was not a bitch,Tails wasnt snotty, Eggman was more serious and cool, yet he had his funny side. And Sonic wasnt an Airhead.

Nova

Post by Nova »

SegaSonic wrote:Everyones' attitude was better in SA1 if you think about it, Knuckles was not a dumbass, I feel sorry for him now, Make fun of Shadow Dumbasses!. Amy was not a bitch,Tails wasnt snotty, Eggman was more serious and cool, yet he had his funny side. And Sonic wasnt an Airhead.
Yeah, but Naoto Oshima was fired and Sonic downfall started…

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Oshima wasn't fired, he left.
I think.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

He left for Artoon they say..or did he?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

So what does blinx has to do with this?

Did he left willingly or quitted with an anger?

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

I dislike it when people make up complete bullshit about Ohshima being fired, as it's not true (and Nova has been spouting this myth for a while). He left because a) he didn't like the direction Sonic Team was heading, and b) SEGA screwed him and other SEGA employees over. Thus, Artoon being made up of lots of SEGA old hands.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:I dislike it when people make up complete bullshit about Ohshima being fired, as it's not true (and Nova has been spouting this myth for a while). He left because a) he didn't like the direction Sonic Team was heading, and b) SEGA screwed him and other SEGA employees over. Thus, Artoon being made up of lots of SEGA old hands.
OK, he just left angry at Sega and Naka, Naka was responsible for screwing Naoto buddies, right?.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

I don't think so. As I recall from article I read on this matter a while ago, it was more of a decision from the SEGA executive higher ups than Naka.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Hmm I see,

Thats no good...still, Im not surprized, thats SEGA for ya!

What about that rumor that Oshima was working with Naka on Sonic 360/PS3? False I presume?

Nova

Post by Nova »

It would be cool if Oshima returned to Sega and took control of Sonic, but is not like Naka would let that happen. Besides Oshima is a director in another place, so no way.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Gee, Ohshima's work on the Blinx games and Pinobee suuuuure convinced me that he's still a melting pot of great ideas. Dark Lord Naka should bring him back as it would surely cause the creative spur of the millenium:P

Seriously Nova/Segasonic, shut up.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Ohshima's a great character designer, but I don't think that's really the weak part of the current crop of games anyhow.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

THE Dash raises a point that I had noticed. Has Oshima done anything noteworthy since he left Sonic Team?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

No.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Double-S- wrote:THE Dash raises a point that I had noticed. Has Oshima done anything noteworthy since he left Sonic Team?
Well, even Akira Toriyama isn’t making something worthy nowadays. Lets see: he worked on Nights and Sonic, the dude would be a genius if he had a third great project. Al least when he had some control over Sonic (like in Sonic adventure 1) the characters personalities and attitude where like they should be.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Akira Toriyama did the artwork for Dragon Quest VIII, which going by reviews is pretty damn "worthy".

Not that I have a point though, I just wanted to prove you wrong.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Toriyama's DQVIII work is his best in quite a while IMO.

Esrever wrote:Ohshima's a great character designer, but I don't think that's really the weak part of the current crop of games anyhow.

Oh, I never meant to call that into question. His character designs are still pretty slick, but assuming he had any authority over game design... Well, Artoons' games have been interesting but seem unpolished/unorginized somehow.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Dash wrote:Toriyama's DQVIII work is his best in quite a while IMO.

Esrever wrote:Ohshima's a great character designer, but I don't think that's really the weak part of the current crop of games anyhow.

Oh, I never meant to call that into question. His character designs are still pretty slick, but assuming he had any authority over game design... Well, Artoons' games have been interesting but seem unpolished/unorginized somehow.
Like Sega is doing better(It was so ruined that Sammy bought it) and Sonic new games just sell by the characters popularity…

Ok this is depressing, take two pills and dream that “Sonic the hedgehogâ€￾ is going to be decent…