Shorts - PSU launch details · Hideki Naganuma radio show

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts - PSU launch details · Hideki Naganuma radio show

Post by big_smile »

PSU launch details
:FJ: February launch for Japan

Sega have announced that the Japanese version of PSU will be released next year on February 16th. Launch copies will come bundled with an exclusive ‘visual book’ and mini-sound track CD. A must have for Phantasy Star fans, the visual book contains previously unseen development artwork and screenshots together with detailed information on the planets in the game.

More details can be found at Watch Impress.

Radio Rush
:FJ: Hideki Naganuma radio show

Sega Link, the online community and broadcasting service from Sega Japan, have produced a special radio programme to commemorate the release of the Sonic Rush soundtrack CD. Titled Talking Rush, the broadcast features an in-depth commentary from composer Hideki Naganuma together with a selection of music samples from the disc.

The show is unlikely to be accessible to anyone outside of Japan, but its pleasing to see that Sonic Team are making more of an effort to speak their fans.

More details can be found here.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

So is that Sonic Rush soundtrack available online yet?

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

A "visual book?"

What the hell other kind of book is there?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The OST hasn't been leaked, but there is a torrent of game rips that you can download:

http://www.soniconthe.net/details.php?i ... =1#seeders

Of course, I imagine the OST will have better sample quality, proper endings and less redundant looping!

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Going by the comments, that seems to be the rip missing parts of the audio, probably not worth downloading. I downloaded one from another forum and "Wrapped in Black" was missing everything that would usually come out of the right speaker, meaning over half the voice samples. This seems to be the same one.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

The Doc wrote:A "visual book?"

Braille.

EspioKaos

Post by EspioKaos »

James McGeachie wrote:Going by the comments, that seems to be the rip missing parts of the audio, probably not worth downloading. I downloaded one from another forum and "Wrapped in Black" was missing everything that would usually come out of the right speaker, meaning over half the voice samples. This seems to be the same one.
Indeed. Most of the songs were recorded in mono for some reason, while some others were recorded in stereo. From what I've read on another forum, a better version of this sound rip is being worked on, but I'm not sure when it'll be released.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The Doc wrote:A "visual book?"

The name was translated by machine. The true Japanese title is probably something more sensible like 'visuals book' or 'art work book'.

^_^

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Wait a sec, PSU has had like zero media coverage yet its coming out in 3 months?

Parn

Post by Parn »

How so? The game's been featured multiple times in Famitsu, and various other Japanese magazines. Hell... it managed to get the cover of EGM earlier this year, and there's still no US release date.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well no media coverage that I pay attention too. Which means it has had none!