Famitsu #883: More Sonic Rush Scans

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Rlan
News Guy

Famitsu #883: More Sonic Rush Scans

Post by Rlan »

ImageImage

New Famitsu, new preview of Sonic Rush. Now with new Artwork of Blaze [seen on the front of the Music CD. Now with huge heels?], and Eggman Nega [Neggaman? Translation?]

Enjoy. Thanks to neo2046 for finding 'em.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

The hell? I thought this was gonna be a stripped-down, two-character only affair after the ULTIMATE OVERLOAD of the last few games. I can handle Tails and Cream turning up in support roles, but now Knuckles and Amy have been shoehorned in? Sigh.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The hell? I thought this was gonna be a stripped-down, two-character only affair after the ULTIMATE OVERLOAD of the last few games. I can handle Tails and Cream turning up in support roles, but now Knuckles and Amy have been shoehorned in? Sigh.
Quit yer bitching. They're problably only going to appear in three-second cut scenes that can be skipped over - aside from Tails and Cream "helping" during boss fights.

I like Blaze more and more everytime I see her. But she could problably run faster without the damn heels.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Neggman looks like a maestro of some sort.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Did they redesign him? He looked different in that E3 banner.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Samface wrote:The hell? I thought this was gonna be a stripped-down, two-character only affair after the ULTIMATE OVERLOAD of the last few games. I can handle Tails and Cream turning up in support roles, but now Knuckles and Amy have been shoehorned in? Sigh.
Nay. Thankfully, Sonic and Blaze are the only two playable characters, the rest being merely for story material. As Zeta said, you won't be seeing them much. They just wave hello and walk away.

As for Tails and Cream "helping" you in the boss fights, I'll get used to it, easily. It's nothing colossal in comparison to the persisting commentary in Sonic Heroes and soon-to-be Shadow the Hedgehog.

Nova

Post by Nova »

So, any here got the game?

CM August

Re: Famitsu #883: More Sonic Rush Scans

Post by CM August »

Rlan wrote:Eggman Nega [Neggaman? Translation?]
lol, Niggaman

However, he's still freaking lame. I wonder if his outfit is a homage to the early Sonic concepts, where Eggman was dressed as a bumblebee and there were flying dildo monsters.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Niggaman Niggaman he is a strong as a egg can!

Uh...sorry

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I like the parallel Eggman!

This game is actually starting to look promising to me. Or maybe that's the dreaded Sonic Optimism kicking in. I guess it doesn't really matter, since I don't own a DS...

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

I think I should risk it, but there's always that niggling "but"...

Samface

Post by Samface »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Nay. Thankfully, Sonic and Blaze are the only two playable characters, the rest being merely for story material. As Zeta said, you won't be seeing them much. They just wave hello and walk away.
Ah, good. Ta for the info.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Dr. Nega Egg still seems like a lazy copout from Sega from making a decent alternate universe enemy for Blaze. =P Hopefully, he is a oneshot villian.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I doubt anyone cares, but Rush's European release date has now been brought forward a week, to the 18th, which makes me extremely happy.

Samface

Post by Samface »

It makes me happy in my special area!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Er... good for you!

James McGeachie

http://www.sonic-rush.net

The main page of the new European site now plays a ton of tracks from the game if you leave it for a while. Some of them are sounding pretty cool in my opinion, a massive improvement over the terrible audio of the Advance series.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Oh, Hideki Naganuma, how I missed you.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Is that Hideki Naganuma? I haven't really been paying attention to this game.

Samface

Post by Samface »

I fucking love the third track!

James McGeachie

After listening to all of them a few times now, it's really no wonder they're releasing an OST. The music is great in my opinion, actually something FRESH. I'd buy it if there was a chance in hell it was going to come out here.

EDIT: It is indeed Naganuma composing Rush for those who're interested, I just downloaded some samples from the Japanese site and their name appears under the artist listing. It should be mentioned though, all the tracks playing on the European site are from the "Digital Remakin'" section of the OST, meaning they're likely (and sadly so) not representative of the in game audio quality.
Last edited by James McGeachie on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The music is totally kickass.

The only thing that has me reserved about this game is well, there's not much difference between the two characters. As far as I can tell, Blaze is just a slower version of Sonic with Knuckles' glide ability. I was expecting her to be able to rocket around using flames or shoot fireballs or SOMETHING.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Perhaps NEGA stands for negative. just a thought.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I've heard so many conflicting things about the differences between Sonic and Blaze's games. Gamespy's preview says that the two characters play identically, but have different levels. Other places have said exactly the opposite.

Gamespy's preview also suggests that the level design, as in Sonic Advance, is much more "racing" focused with very little traditional platforming. That doesn't really sound very good to me.