Shorts - Shadow/M-Flo Promotion · Rush CD · Mobile Europe

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

A non-ridiculously-optimistic preview? What has the world come to?

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Meanwhile, Sonic Team has included its patented worst-camera-system-ever-created, the backbone of nearly every Sonic game
This line made me laugh. Out loud. But how can a camera be bad on a platformer? Unless they mean the times Sonic runs so fast he goes offscreen...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Senbei wrote:But how can a camera be bad on a platformer?
Teehee!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Oddly enough, the premise of platform games tends to involve the jumping from one platform to another. Landing between or falling off is rather often an unfortunate circumstance. That being the case, it really does improve the overall impression if the player is granted the privilige of actually being able to see where he or she is going. As perspective is often relative to control, cameras will frequently choose aesthics over convenience, and sometimes neither.

As such...camera bad! BAD CAMERA!

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Esrever wrote:Oh, Shadow. Not even IGN can write a positive-sounding preview for your game.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/660/660521p1.html
Yeah, but this is Matt Casamassina we're talking about; the same guy who proclaims the Dreamcast versions of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were rated too highly, and then gave Sonic Heroes an 8 out of 10 (The Gamecube version).

And SONICTEAM did add lock-on.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Gamemaster reviewed Sonic Rush and gave it an 8.5. Bottomless pits, and the fact that Tails won't shut the hell up everytime a boss hits you was his complaints. But he listed as a good point that all you do is run and hit jump a few times and he thinks that's fun and all. Sheesh. Standards have changed...

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Yeah, but this is Matt Casamassina we're talking about; the same guy who proclaims the Dreamcast versions of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were rated too highly, and then gave Sonic Heroes an 8 out of 10 (The Gamecube version).
All the previews I've read in other websites and magazines are pretty much the same-- So far, the best thing I've heard about the game is that it isn't as bad as people thought it would be, but it's still not a good game either. The only magazine I've read that had a completely positive view of Shadow of the Hedgehog is Play magazine, and they like everything. Even the shittiest of games rarely scores below a 7 out of 10 in their magazine.

Oh yeah, I actually have that m-flo song, Tripod Baby (orignal version, not the remix that's gonna be used to promote the game). It's... an awkward song. That's really all I can say about it. That better be one helluva remix they're making for the game, cause the song doesn't say anything that could even be vaguely relatable to Shadow:

<a href="http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0QPN ... VC1">m-flo - tripod baby mp3</a>

... Now, talk amongst yourselves.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

It's Japanese R&B!

I think it's quite catchy--well, except for the awkward rapping parts in the song.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Japanese... R&B?

BEAR IS DRIVING? HOW CAN THIS BE?