Sonic doubles up Three times on GBA!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Rlan
News Guy

Sonic doubles up Three times on GBA!

Post by Rlan »

THQ have announced that, what with all their damn Spongebob / Nicktoon 2-in-1 carts they've been shoving in our faces for the last 6 months, it looks like Sonic will be getting on in the action too!

Compilation 1:

Sonic Advance + Sonic Pinball Party

Sonic Advance + Sonic Battle

[No Image avaliable]

Sonic Pinball Party + Columns Crown.

EBGames says the compilations will come out 15th of November, 2005 for $29.99

DVDCrave.com.au currently has the games for Australians going for $52.69AU, and will be released on the 20th of November. This may change, I've notices the Rayman package to be cheaper than this.

I've no idea if they plan on any other SEGA packages. I'm surprised they haven't chucked on Chu Chu Rocket! somewhere. Or was that before the THQ deal? Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bundling crap like SEGA Smash Pack, Altered Beast and Shinobi together.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Wouldn't it have made more sense to include different Sonic Advances in each pack?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Sonic Advance makes me cry.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Sonic Advance 2 makes me want to kill things.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I downloaded Sonic Advance 2 illegally for free. Somehow, I think I got cheated.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Sonic Battle made me write 10 f'ing pages and consider taking up arson.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Frieza2000 wrote:Sonic Battle made me write 10 f'ing pages and consider taking up arson.
Yeah, it probably isn't canon. Especially since apparently Shadow won't have much of a memory at all at the start of his new game, which pretty much dismisses his entire storyline in Sonic Battle, where he apparently remembers everything.

Hilarious read. Your pain amuses me greatly. Not nearly as much as the sheer ridiculousness of the plot, though. Nice highlights.

And arson is totally hot.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Owen Axel wrote:
Yeah, it probably isn't canon. Especially since apparently Shadow won't have much of a memory at all at the start of his new game, which pretty much dismisses his entire storyline in Sonic Battle, where he apparently remembers everything.
What if Shadow the Hedgehog takes place after Sonic Heroes, where he still doesn't have any true memory of who he is and yet, before Sonic Battle where he does?

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

3 compilations at once?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I wouldn't mind picking up the Sonic Advance / Pinball Party combo. Sonic Advance was OK on the same sort of level that the old Game Gear games were, and Pinball Party was never released anywhere in Canada as far as I can tell!

Also, in what is surely a mistake, Amazon.ca is selling it for only $24.99 Canadian. Woo!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Ngangbius wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:
What if Shadow the Hedgehog takes place after Sonic Heroes, where he still doesn't have any true memory of who he is and yet, before Sonic Battle where he does?
Then they're sloppier than I don't give them credit for, since Battle was released even before Heroes.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Battle was initially meant to be released after [or at the same time as] Heroes, but Heroes got pushed back a month, I think.

CM August

Post by CM August »

For all the good it did.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Here in the U.S., Pinball Party was only available at Target, so I never picked it up. Well, there's a Target a block away from my house, but Pinball Party was pretty low on my list of priorites. Are there gonna be two carts in the box or are they gonna be slapped onto one?

Oh, and a JGR Advance/Chu Chu Rocket bundle would make me bukkake myself. But I doubt THQ will ever invest in that.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Owen Axel wrote: Then they're sloppier than I don't give them credit for, since Battle was released even before Heroes.
Battle actually contains a few lines of dialogue which indicate that it takes place after Heroes.

^_^

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

big_smile wrote:
Owen Axel wrote: Then they're sloppier than I don't give them credit for, since Battle was released even before Heroes.
Battle actually contains a few lines of dialogue which indicate that it takes place after Heroes.

^_^
Yeah, I know. They mention Omega and Shadow being alive is seen as old news.

My point still stands. I don't believe the script writers for Sonic Battle had any clue about the Shadow the Hedgehog game.

Ultimate irony would be if Shadow dies (again) at the end of his game. I wouldn't mind seeing that (again).

SegaSonic

Re: Sonic doubles up Three times on GBA!

Post by SegaSonic »

Rlan wrote:THQ have announced that, what with all their damn Spongebob / Nicktoon 2-in-1 carts they've been shoving in our faces for the last 6 months, it looks like Sonic will be getting on in the action too!

Compilation 1:

Sonic Advance + Sonic Pinball Party

Sonic Advance + Sonic Battle

[No Image avaliable]

Sonic Pinball Party + Columns Crown.

EBGames says the compilations will come out 15th of November, 2005 for $29.99

DVDCrave.com.au currently has the games for Australians going for $52.69AU, and will be released on the 20th of November. This may change, I've notices the Rayman package to be cheaper than this.

I've no idea if they plan on any other SEGA packages. I'm surprised they haven't chucked on Chu Chu Rocket! somewhere. Or was that before the THQ deal? Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bundling crap like SEGA Smash Pack, Altered Beast and Shinobi together.
Lame.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

You're just a plethora of information, SegaSonic.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I ment the games, that are only just compilations.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No, really?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

:PB:

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Oh, is that what you ment?

Nova

Post by Nova »

Sonic battle, decent story, awful game.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

I got frustrated at the amount of times you had to do exactly the same things over and over again. Then the game forces some ridiculous challenges your way so I just gave up. But I was enjoying the story.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

The only fight that's challanging is Knuckles vs the 3 Gamma clones. Every other fight can be won by pressing R over and over. The game is programmed so that all enemies are incapable of blocking one of the two R attacks. Which attack that is usually alternates every time it dies. So either press R, or jump and press R.