Sonic Riders!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I've been doing that for donkey's, mate. Pach used to get me all riled up and righteous with his ker-azy antics, but now I've grown (you'd better believe it, ladies) I just find the whole thing rather funny.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Oh, it doesn't particular rile me much, but I've just never had an interval to truly state what a load of pap it is.

j-man

Post by j-man »

Now's the chance, I believe. Use it wisely.

PBJClock

Post by PBJClock »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:
PBJClock wrote: it's the new Robotnik V.S Eggman!
( http://www.sonic-cult.org/articles/segasonic/ )
Ah, finally, a chance to denounce that "essay" as being the most poorly written thing in the history of things.
how so?

Shake

Post by Shake »

Dunno if anyone's covered it yet, but the latest Playstation Magazine has a demo of Riders. Fun stuff.

- Kanuck

EspioKaos

Post by EspioKaos »

I managed to get a demo of it from work last week. Very fun, indeed, though a bit difficult at first. And, like I think someone else mentioned before, Green Cave's theme is awesome.

DackAttac

The wash is out, it's hanging up

Post by DackAttac »

I need to see more reviews. The first Shadow review I checked out gave it a 7 and said it was solid, albeit "slightly flawed".

Such an understatement has not been made since my former 11th grade chemistry teacher admitted to being "a little underdressed" on a series of public nudity charges.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Was said Chemistry teacher a girl and hot?

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

fufufufufufufu

and was her ASS good if it was indeed a her

DackAttac

If you want a random song lyric there's one in the post

Post by DackAttac »

T'was a dude. A really old alcoholic dude. Who used frequent analogies in class that involved him getting married to one of the more attractive girls in our class. And of course, the memorable Wife-Swap Hoedown he composed.

"I don't want her / You can keep her / She's too fat for me."

I don't even remember how it tied into chemistry, but you'll have to take my word that it did.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

My chemistry teacher was a dirty old man too. He was hilarious though and never tried to get on any of the students or do any weird shit like that. Damn good chemistry teacher too. I never have to take chemistry in college thanks to that guy, and my super human chemistry skillz.

j-man

Post by j-man »

I read on the internets today that Fang is going to be in Riders.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

One Classy Bloke wrote: Final character list
- Sonic
- Tails
- Knuckles
- Jet
- Wave
- Storm
- Amy
- Eggman
- Cream
- Rouge
- Shadow
- NiGHTS
- Aiai
- Ulala
- E-10000g
- E-10000r

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

But the internets.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

If you beat the game in under an hour, you can unlock Mario.

And if you beat it in under half-an-hour, Mario is in a bikini.

DackAttac

You never liked that necklace.

Post by DackAttac »

An hour it is.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

About the Fang rumor. Apparently someone claimed to see it on a TV review but they actually got Sonic Riders confused with the Crazy Frog game and were actually describing a character from that game!

j-man

Post by j-man »

My illusion of the internet's infallibility is SHATTERED.

yay alliteration

Dash

Post by Dash »

Note about the Demo: The game was fun, but the graphics had a terrible amount of slowdown. Seemed to happen whenever more than one moving thing appeared on the screen. Hell, they've even comprimised the character models(not looking quite as sharp as the chaps you see in the videos) to make it it run THAT smoothly. So I guess the PS2 version will be the inferior one of the 3(again).

A dilemma for me. I don't have an X-Box, so GC's the only other option, but that one won't have Japanese voices. So I have to choose between shitty graphics or shitty voices. Hmm...

Or I could just buy Collossus

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

A dilemma for me. I don't have an X-Box, so GC's the only other option, but that one won't have Japanese voices. So I have to choose between shitty graphics or shitty voices. Hmm...
I look at it this way: You can mute bad sound. You can't mute bad graphics or slowdown.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

*From Sonic Stadium Sonic Riders Board*

Gamer.tv showed a Small review this morning on Bravo(uk) they gave sonic riders 4 out of 5. In their own words the controls are Tight but you can pick them up fairly easy, they wished that the games story mode was a lot longer though.

Certain stages are played during diffrent times of day in reverse (u go the other way around the course) and they showed a night time version of metal city. Character assortment is vast as is the ability to customise your rider`s board out of a possible 200 combinations, which is nothing to be sniffed at.

They didnt show all the characters, but they did show a new one i havnt seen on the official sites yet. Kinda hard to discribe, im guessing hes some sort of puple rat by looking at him (color co ordination again) but he has a massive L-shaped tail and a pointy bucktooth (beaver?) and a western style hat and attire, kinda like a cowboy. He was also driving a bike of some kind which ive seen only eggman do.

They complained about one of the stages being Green cave saying that sometimes its hard to tell which way your character is going resulting in many fall-outs and loses of the game. The voice acting can be switched to japanese for the PAL version and the commentator either switched from female to male or off altogether.

Mission mode and Combat mode add to an all round fun experience for those playing in multiplayer or going it solo against AI controlled characters.
Speaking of AI the other riders are extremly skilled at keeping up with you, by making even one mistake youll find you may be taken over by several other riders before you get your bearings. Speed competitors including Amy Rose which Gamer.tv are terrified of, manage to get ahead of the pack and provide the real obstacle to beat in the game. Sadly most of the time you wont see the slower power characters or the nimble flying characters as the AI uses the best routes possible for that specific class ( although they did say that they were stunned several times by Knuckles and Storm getting ahead of them by smashing through a whole lane of traffic in metal city )

All in all 4 out of 5 aint bad, considering most of the games reviewed dont get that high. They dont always put reviews on their website but they might put up sonic riders one day.

(edit: looking at their website its terribly out of date by several months in fact, sorry)

Gamer.tv
Found this, New character? purple, bucktooth and a western style hat? sounds familiar..could it be? No! it cant be! what the heck is this info from?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I don't see why people give such a damn about the voices, as a whole they're really no worse than the previous cast (some characters are pretty much improved) and it's not like they're actually saying anything worth hearing anyway.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

You haven't read this page before posting, did you?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

James McGeachie wrote:I don't see why people give such a damn about the voices, as a whole they're really no worse than the previous cast (some characters are pretty much improved) and it's not like they're actually saying anything worth hearing anyway.
hmm, like Brazillian Cara said you didnt read it thoroughly. Also you gotta accept that some people actually care about good voice acting in a game. It brings the quality down man, specially if its done by 4KIDS.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Actually, I was talking to you.