Sonic Riders!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Just so I know what's going on -- does he always shoot forward, or does he actually automatically aim at a target, no matter which direction?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Basically you jump and start hitting B. You float there while he shoots. You do just shoot forward, but if you turn the stick he turns round, and if you face an enemy the bullets do auto-aim.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

It's all a bit Devil May Cry really, running on walls, shooting in mid air etc.
Not that it's a bad thing, besides some missions require you to chase and destroy a target or destroy a target in the distance (Eggmans flying fortress) which mean you have to use the guns.

Carnival levels also have shooting galleries which seem daunting at first but are actually quite simple.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

XD I know what you mean, j-man, but the way you worded it makes it sound like Shadow has magical bullets that change their trajectory in order to hit their target.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

After several arduous, lengthy tests, I think I'm starting to see what you mean. And all this time, I just thought my aim was perfect. This would lower my self esteem, provided I had any left. I don't. The fact that I own Shadow the Hedgehog justifies this. Please don't make fun of me.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Your'e in the same boat as me, J-man and a few others, i doubt many people would make fun of you specifically.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I don't know if anyone particularly cares but there's been some updates to the Japanese Sonic Riders site. They've now added character profiles for Shadow, Rouge and Cream and, unlike the US site, actually show some screenshots of the characters. There's also a new course map and a few other things.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I like the special attacks.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Good lord, what is wrong with that little rabbit's face?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

It looks like she is bawling without any tears.

And I never thought I would see a fart joke in a Sonic game...but then again I never thought I would see a lot of things in many recent Sonic games that actually came to pass.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

This new swelling limb artstyle isn't very appealing.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

These pictures and a few others suggest that humor might be encorporated into the game. If that's the case, I welcome the concept of the game not taking itself seriously with open arms; humor is, after all, one of the reasons why the Sonic OVA is so entertaining.

Nevertheless, that screenshot of Cream looks less comedic and more ... demonic.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Story Mode's opening movie I suspect...

I really like the feel of it. It seems tightly directed and the CGI is pretty cool(the lighting being particularily impressive). The voices however... yuck. They sound about right, but the VAs are terribly overacting thier lines. It's not like we're not used to this, but I don't even recall the Sonic Adventure voices sounding this unnatural. Oh, and Jet's voice is obviously the Sonic guy talking while plugging his nose. Pathetic.

How does the PS2 version hold up graphically OCB? I'd really like to get that one for the option of Japanese voices(or has that been cut?).

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Since i didn't actually work on the game, i didn't have much time to view the differences between each version. I do know there are no Japanese voices on the GC version (big surprise).

I'm not really gonna be able to get any more information about the game now, as all versions are complete and have been sent off for production. So look for to it soon.

By reading this insider information, you are now legally binded to buy at least two copies of this game

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

You're a tricky one, One Classy Bloke. However, all I read was that really small text, which technically doesn't count as insider information.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Aside from the fact that Knuckles has once again left the Master Emerald to pal around with Sonic and that Sonic jumped on the board instead of running in pursuit of Jet (or that, after he wiped out, he stood around to make an expositional statement), that was...surprisingly decent. But that's how I felt at the beginning of Heroes, so I'm sure it only gets worse from there.

I still hate that stuffed animal CG. Even Heroes looked better.

Edit: I liked the choreography and the characterization. I didn't care for the Shadowesque atmosphere of the city and situation.
Last edited by Frieza2000 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I like the fact that Tails is using the Jewel Radar (It hasn’t been referenced since its original debut in the Sonic 3 manual story).

^_^

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Yuck, I really do no like this new artstyle they gave the characters. Such a huge turn off.

They can reference the old games all they want, it still won't change the fact that I will not buy this game.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

They all look like plastic dolls. Why didn't they stick with that <a href="http://ghzforum.nathantsui.com/viewtopi ... 432">anime stuff</a>?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The drawn animation is probably costlier and more time-consuming than the CG movies. Which is a shame, because the cartoon intro is really cool.

I like this CG stuff well enough though.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I HATE the anime style stuff, And I have been lazy and not watched any trailers yet, is the CG as Good as in Shadow the Hedgehog?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

It's the exact same felt puppet looking stuff that's in Shadow.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

It's in the Riders style though, So Sonic looks a fair bit taller, and has a thinner head.

The voices are crap though. "All Right. Now We-re talk-ing!". And when he gets beat down. "OH! NEW COMPETITION"

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I tought it looked more like clay.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I liked it, but those voices were terrible. Who is doing Sonic's voice now anyway?