Shorts - Sonic Rush Interview · Sonic Team website updates

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Nova

Post by Nova »

First time I notice I’m not the only one on this forum that likes Fraggle Rock.

Anyway, t think a Sonic game with only two characters is a good idea...

And yeah those shields where awesome...and so was the Super metal sonic...to bad they thought a freaking slow dragon was better^_-

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Super Metal Sonic doesn't exist.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Look out; pedant on the loose!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

omg YES IT DOES my unlec wsa liek playing Sonci 3 adn it wsa l;eik sonic was BLUE AND SUPER.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Did your unlec ever touch you in a way that made you feel bad?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

But Dr. Melling says that's okay.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Ritz wrote:Super Metal Sonic doesn't exist.
The Metal Sonic that turned gold when he powered up with the master emerald…

Shame of you!

j-man

Post by j-man »

I think the point he was making is that he is a metal Sonic, but not the Metal Sonic... he was called mechanical (Mecha) Sonic in some Japanese strategy guide and, as we all know, if it's Japanese it's the be-all-and-end-all.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Well, the games <i>are</i> made in Japan. *shrug*

j-man

Post by j-man »

You shut your dirty gaijin mouth.

Nova

Post by Nova »

j-man wrote:I think the point he was making is that he is a metal Sonic, but not the Metal Sonic... he was called mechanical (Mecha) Sonic in some Japanese strategy guide and, as we all know, if it's Japanese it's the be-all-and-end-all.
For me that’s “Theâ€￾ Metal sonic. A Metal/Mecha/Silver Sonic turning into super/gold/invincible mode is a lot cooler than the freaking slow dragon of Heroes.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

What about that gigantic red Metal Sonic from Chaotix? I'm still under the impression that Eggman used the Dark Ring to fuse with Metal Sonic. I've always wondered what other uses the Dark Ring would have when it comes to fusing other characters.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

For me that’s “Theâ€￾ Metal sonic.
But that's not ANY Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic was created in Sonic CD, he was named specifically, his "character" defined right there in the manual. He re-appears by name in Chaotix, Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters, the old Sonic anime, and of course Sonic Heroes (and probably a couple less notable games as well!). His appearance is consistant in every game he has been in. The other "Mecha Sonics" do not play important roles in their stories outside that of "surprise near-end boss," and they are typically (I think Sonic 2 for Game Gear is the only exception) not given names outside of descriptive titles provided in strategy guides that may in fact not be names at all.

As you can see, it is of the UTMOST IMPORTANTANCE that you understand the distinction!

Professor Machenstein

Does any recall those cyro-generator tubes from the Mystic Ruins Base in Sonic Adventure? Just raising a hint.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Professor Machenstein wrote:I'm still under the impression that Eggman used the Dark Ring to fuse with Metal Sonic.
...the hell are you smoking? He rebuilt Metal Sonic and powered him with the dark ring. He didn't become part of it.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Does any recall those cyro-generator tubes from the Mystic Ruins Base in Sonic Adventure? Just raising a hint.
[geek]That's just the hardware, the Metal Sonic program could be put in either body so both could pretty much be Metal Sonic[/geek]

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Omni Hunter wrote:[geek]That's just the hardware, the Metal Sonic program could be put in either body so both could pretty much be Metal Sonic[/geek]
So what are you saying here?! That they are ALL Metal Sonic because the body makes no difference, whether or not he was loaded into the body we associate with the name or just any other "shell?" And that it wasn't just THE Metal Sonic, but the failure of EVERY robot Sonic (even the ones in the portable games!) combined that prompted the program to take over and force players to suffer through the hellish experience that is Sonic Heroes?

Professor Machenstein

Frieza2000 wrote:
Professor Machenstein wrote:I'm still under the impression that Eggman used the Dark Ring to fuse with Metal Sonic.
...the hell are you smoking? He rebuilt Metal Sonic and powered him with the dark ring.
He rebuilt Metal Sonic? Into that Juggernaught? That quickly? Oh, you mean Eggman rebuilt Metal Sonic, in his battle-damaged Sonic CD form, and then gave him the Dark Ring the very next second to turn into that giant red Metal Sonic. Still seems a little too quick.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Professor Machenstein wrote:That quickly? Oh, you mean Eggman rebuilt Metal Sonic, in his battle-damaged Sonic CD form, and then gave him the Dark Ring the very next second to turn into that giant red Metal Sonic. Still seems a little too quick.
Eggman rebuilt Metal Sonic before the start of Chaotix. Metal Sonic doesn't turn into his red form until the very end of the game.

^_^

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

So what are you saying here?! That they are ALL Metal Sonic because the body makes no difference, whether or not he was loaded into the body we associate with the name or just any other "shell?" And that it wasn't just THE Metal Sonic, but the failure of EVERY robot Sonic (even the ones in the portable games!) combined that prompted the program to take over and force players to suffer through the hellish experience that is Sonic Heroes?
Maybe, but it's just a predantic fanboy theory. Then again, what isn't far-fetched in the Sonic universe.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Frieza2000 wrote:
...the hell are you smoking? He rebuilt Metal Sonic and powered him with the dark ring. He didn't become part of it.
It's a valid interpretation of the scene. It'd explain the redness.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

And also why he got so fat.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Esrever wrote:And also why he got so fat.
I think that Eggman just was inside the Red robot, but…who cares?.

Maybe it was like the bad guy boss transformation into “robotâ€￾ in Silverhacks.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

...huh. I'd completely forgotten about that. Sorry if I sounded insulting BTW, it was just such a weird idea that I had to respond with condescending shock to fully express how insane it sounded.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

http://www.jeux-france.com/images15_4_12471.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/images16_4_12471.html

Looks like Blaze will collect Sol Emeralds whilst Sonic will collect Chaos Emeralds.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images9_4_12471.html

The Special Stages are another Sonic 2 rehash.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images4_4_12471.html

Zone select screen. The Zones look to be as generic as the Advance games so far. Cream and Cheese seem to give hints to Blaze just like Tails does to Sonic.

http://membres.lycos.fr/adamissu/rush.jpg

Thanks to Adamis for that pic. That's some new Blaze art and what appears to be a version of Eggman from Blaze's universe. His clothing is a bit of an homage to the classic Eggman design.