More Gems in Sonic Gems Collection

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

How did your friend get a copy of Sonic Gems Collection when it hasn't come out yet?
I already have Sonic Gems Collection too I just stapled a bunch of game CDs I already own together. It's relaly buggy you shouldn't buy it.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Man, Mouthfullofjoy has been here two days, and I can tell I'm gonna like him.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

G.Silver wrote:
How did your friend get a copy of Sonic Gems Collection when it hasn't come out yet?
I already have Sonic Gems Collection too I just stapled a bunch of game CDs I already own together. It's relaly buggy you shouldn't buy it.
Heh heh. I'm still wondering if it has come out yet. You never know, games have come out sooner than their scheduled release dates.

Oh, and LAWL @ "relaly"

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

As you have access to the game, "Mouthfullofjoy", I have a few questions about it (mainly about Sonic CD).

- Does Sonic CD's PC port run at 30fps ("Fast Sonic") or 60fps ("Smooth Sonic")?
- How well is the Japanese music inserted into Sonic CD's PC port (Assuming you're playing the Japanese version)?
- Again, if you're playing the Japanese version, is it possible to switch the in-game menu text to English?

Thanks in advance.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:As you have access to the game, "Mouthfullofjoy", I have a few questions about it (mainly about Sonic CD).

- Does Sonic CD's PC port run at 30fps ("Fast Sonic") or 60fps ("Smooth Sonic")?
- How well is the Japanese music inserted into Sonic CD's PC port (Assuming you're playing the Japanese version)?
- Again, if you're playing the Japanese version, is it possible to switch the in-game menu text to English?

Thanks in advance.
He's lying, you great pillock.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

THERE IS NO HARM IN ASKING, YOU HOMO

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:THERE IS NO HARM IN ASKING, YOU HOMO
Yeah there is. There's a risk that other, smarter, cooler, more good-looking people will mock you for your idiocy.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

And there's also a risk that yonger, impressionable, music obsessive people who hate Popcorn will also mock you.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

See? HATE BREEDS HATE.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

This topic smells like asshole.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Do you guys realize how shoddy the sound effects sound in the PC version of CD? I also found some really wierd bugs that aren't present in the console version (like jumping into those crosses right before those big loops in the first zone). I hope they fixed those.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

It's been a while since I've played the PC version, but I too have concerns of the Gems version. For one thing, the PC version didn't have a debug mode did it? And since the PC version had the US soundtrack there wasn't a unique song for the Metallic Madness boss. I hope this hasn't caused any problems with converting it to the original soundtrack. =S

To think that we might not be able to get an entirely accurate version of a game that's 12 years old.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Yes, the sound effects in Sonic CD PC are utter bilge, and I'm hoping that's something they've gone and thought "well, as we put the high quality movie in this, we may as well tinker with the sound effects too".

Oh, and CP, the PC version did have a debug mode (I'm sure I accessed it at some point to cheat on the Time Attack mode) and the US soundtrack featured a unique "Final Fever" track. The latter just sounds INSANELY similiar to the normal "Boss!!" music. There are small differences though... more laughter, slightly heavier synth. That sorta thing.
Last edited by Koosh Koosh! on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

The debug mode is present in the PC version.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I guess the museum page needs updating then.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

All those codes work on the PC version. The only one I'm not sure of is the "Pro Scores."

Nakasan_UKG

Post by Nakasan_UKG »

Sorry to ask such a MUNDANE question, but on the screenshots I have seen of Sonic R, most notably the most recent on IGN.com, the draw distance seems noticably further than that of the saturn game. Can anyone confirm that they are, in fact, "upgrading" Sonic R? I realise that there was a PC version, but the draw in distance seems further than that too. Cheers!

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I've never been able to get the sound test to work for PC. I have, however, altered the .ini file to access a debug mode of sorts. I don't think you can fly and place objects like in the console version, but you can alter the flag settings, warp to any stage in the game, and have infinate time in the special stages.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

You definately get to fly around when you use the debug mode in Sonic CD: I remember using it to quickly get through all the time attacks to unlock the D.A Garden.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

What I'd like to know is why they recorded all those PCM samples of speech and only used 2 of them in the finished product. I guess they thought Sonic babbling in the game would be kind of annoying.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

If so, they were wrong. That was the best part about that Segasonic video.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

If so, they were wrong.
Sonic Heroes.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Another reason why it's a good thing I never spent more time on Sonic Heroes than two minutes in a Sam Goody, then.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Kishi wrote:"One of the most popular titles in the selection is a beautiful sprite-based side-scrolling adventure that for many people represents the pinnacle of the 2D era."
I think Yoshi's Island was about as best as 2D platformers got.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I never said I was one of those people.