Shorts: Naka & next gen • Kimishine talk • Correctio

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: Naka & next gen • Kimishine talk • Correctio

Post by big_smile »

Next Generation Naka
:FJ: Naka comments on the next generation of gaming hardware

Respected Japanese publication Famitsu recently quizzed several popular Japanese game designers on their thoughts over the next generation of consoles. Yuji Naka was among those interviewed and his comments have been translated into English by Gamespot:

PlayStation 3 - "I am very interested in its high-quality graphics capabilities. It's equipped with a graphics chip that's twice as powerful as the high-end [graphics card] for the PC, which allows it to make realistic expressions that haven't been possible before."

Revolution - "I look forward to the 'new kind of fun' that's unique to Nintendo, and I expect that there will be a lot of surprises, such as the unannounced controller. It's also great that we'll be able to play Famicom and other games via download. I hope Sega games will be playable as well."
[Gamespot suggest that this comment may relate to the Sega titles that were released on Nintendo consoles by Sunsoft, but given that the Revolution could easily emulate other old systems, Naka could be referring Sega’s Mega Drive and Mark III games.]

Xbox 360 - "[Microsoft has] used its knowledge from Xbox Live to evolve their network, making its services and controls even more convenient for the user, which I think is a very attractive point."

Hear the Magic
:FJ: Ogawa gives talk on Kimishine

Kimishine director Yojiro Ogawa will be talking about Sonic Team’s DS debut at the Japanese Science Future Hall on the 25 June.
More information can be found at the Official Kimishine website, but its Flash-based interface means that you’ll have to be fluent in Japanese to understand it.

Hobby Fair Correction

It was previously reported that the Sonic Channel website contained a printable ticket to allow entry to the Sonic display at this year’s World Hobby Fair. This is, however, slightly inaccurate. According to Dengki Online (which thankfully doesn't use Flash), the ticket actually entitles visitors to a free Sonic Channel badge.

The Hobby Fair runs from 25 to 26 June in the Makuhari Messe International exhibition hall in Japan.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

He didn't seemed a bastard this time...did he?