Shorts: Sonic at Hobby Fair • PSU New Pictures & Profi

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: Sonic at Hobby Fair • PSU New Pictures & Profi

Post by big_smile »

Sonic Show
:FJ: All three forthcoming Sonic games scheduled to appear at Hobby Fair

Sonic is set to have a sizeable presence at this year’s Next Generation World Hobby Fair, with Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Rush and Shadow the Hedgehog being playable at the show. As with most Japanese gaming events, visitors will not only be able to enjoy an exclusive play test of the games, but will receive a range of free gifts for doing so, although the details of these freebies have not yet been released.

The 22nd Next Generation World Hobby Fair will be held from the 25 to 26 of July. More details can be found at Sonic Channel, which contains what appears to be a printable ticket for the event.

PSU Updates
:FJ: PSU site updated with profiles and screen shots

The Official Phantasy Star Universe website has been updated with brief descriptions of Eathen Waber and Karen Erra. Profiles on the Relics, the Guardians and SEED, which appear to be the main forces in the story, have also been included.

The Flash based interface prevents this information from being accessed with a translator, but, fortunately, the site contains plenty of artwork to look at including a selection of new pictures in the screen-shot gallery.

^ You don’t need to be intelligible to be appreciated in the games industry but just really pretty.

No Cure
:FJ: Puyo Fever to be preinstalled on Japanese mobile phones

Sega Japan have teamed up with Vodafone, to have Puyo Fever preinstalled on the company’s new 3G phone, the ‘Vodafone 902T’. More details can be found at SoJ’s mobile pages.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

OT: It occurred to me that there was no news entry for Sega Party 2005, the free-admission public convention in Japan that everyone was invited to attend and play all the upcoming Sega games. Before I said anything, I went to look it up and realized it was actually <a href="http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?new ... ><i>Square Enix</i> Party 2005</a>.

Dash

The Taming of the Hedgehog

Post by Dash »

That logo is very nice and is reminiscent of the old SEGASonic days(here's hoping Uekawa will fill Gem Collection's menus with art like that(A high hope I know)), but I'm really starting to miss those funky, physically impossible poses with the Nike swoop grin from SA and such.

Come on Uekawa, just one little psycho smile? I won't tell anyone.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

EspioKaos

Re: Shorts: Sonic at Hobby Fair • PSU New Pictures & P

Post by EspioKaos »

big_smile wrote:The Official Phantasy Star Universe website has been updated with brief descriptions of Eathen Waber and Karen Erra.
For what it's worth, Ethan and Karen's profiles have been up on the site since day one. With this update, SonicTeam added profiles for Lumia Waber, Ethan's 13-year-old sister and Leogini Santosa Berafort, the beastman who will accompany you during the single player offline mode of the game.

EDIT: I finished my translation for Leogini's profile for those interested.

Leogini Santosa Berafort

Sex: Male
Race: Beast
Occupational Affiliation: Guardians

More commonly known as Leo. He meets Ethan during the invasion by SEED. The Guardians are urged to join in the battle against the invaders and he jumps at the opportunity to fight. Leo immediately becomes an older brother-like figure who watches over Ethan and his hot-headed temper. While having a strong and sever outward appearance, Leo still thinks highly of his friends and family. His wife and three-year-old son are currently living in the Guardians Colony.