Shorts: New Sonic Café Game • E3 Related Pictures

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: New Sonic Café Game • E3 Related Pictures

Post by big_smile »

Old People in a New game
:FJ: New Sonic Café game serves up something slightly different

Those wishing Sonic Team weren’t so eager to appeal to the mass market might be vaguely interested in the latest Sonic Café release. The title of the game doesn’t translate too well, but it is based around the popular Japanese pastime of gate ball, which is almost exclusively played by old people.

The sexy girls and ‘glamorous’ locations that dominated Foxy Shot (last month’s Café game) are replaced with old ladies and a Green Hill Zone–esque setting.

Image Image Image
^It’s hardly ground breaking, but it does make a sharp contrast with previous Café efforts such as Foxy Shot.

More details can be found at the Sonic Café home page.

Smile, Please
:FUS: E3 Related Pictures

Degnki Online have posted two pictures related to Sonic Team’s displays at E3. They aren’t particularly interesting, but they help to alleviate the current drought of Sonic Team news.

The first shows the E3 Shadow booth:
^ Desperate for people to play his game, Shadow aims his gun at the visitors.

The second is an image that was used to promote the mobile rendition of Sonic the Hedgehog
^ Chaos Emeralds create Super Sonic, Super Emeralds produce Hyper Sonic while mobile phones unleash… ‘Shiny Sonic’.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I like where they're going with the Sonic art, if this is in fact a sign of a trend. It's not hey-man funky like the Sonic Adventure art, but it's not overly stubby and ineffectual like the Sonic Advance 3 art. In spirit, it's actually reminiscent of the pre-Uekawa era.

I approximately translated the title of that golf game as "Get Balls Go Asshole!"

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

For one horrifying second, I thought that the camera in Sonic's hand was a gun. Also, gate ball looks suspiciously like croquet.

EspioKaos

Re: Shorts: New Sonic Café Game • E3 Related Pictures

Post by EspioKaos »

big_smile wrote:The title of the game doesn’t translate too well, but it is based around the popular Japanese pastime of gate ball, which is almost exclusively played by old people.
"GEETOBOORU de Asobou" translates as "Let's Play Gate Ball."

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

You know, I always wondered what happened to those statues you see at E3. I mean, do they give them away? Do they throw them out? I think something like that would be cool to have.

I also wonder if they're hollow on the inside. I'm going to take a guess that most aren't.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

In spirit, it's actually reminiscent of the pre-Uekawa era.
The Archie Sonic had better watch himself, let he get hit by a bolt of lightning and change back. Heh.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I also wonder if they're hollow on the inside. I'm going to take a guess that most aren't.
Oh, they're totally hollow. They're alot cheaper than they look in pictures. Imagine a 5 and a half foot tall Happy Meal toy.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Well regardless, I still wouldn't mind having one.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They should have raffles to give them away every E3 . . .

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Green Gibbon! wrote: Oh, they're totally hollow. They're alot cheaper than they look in pictures. Imagine a 5 and a half foot tall Happy Meal toy.
I want a 5 foot tall Happy Meal toy.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Oh, it'd still be totally cool to have one, it's just that I suspect they melt down the plastic for use in next year's statues.

minnietguinea

Post by minnietguinea »

They could make some kind of money on those.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I believe some computer game stores may get them, I know a couple of shops near my area that have some sort of plastic statue of a game character in them.
Meh, I'd have that Shadow on my roof pointing the gun at the kids across the street.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

That would be so relieving...

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

And scrumtralecent.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Spam: it's not just for lunch (but it should be).
If you have something to say, go for it. If you do not have something to say, don't say anything. It's simple. The conflict occurs when people think they have something to say, but actually don't. When they give in to these misguided urges, the result is spam.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I believe there is a difference between a useless post and SPAM. It's not like it's hindering any conversation. SPAM would be flooding with post after post of nothing but "HUMPERDINK"

Professor Machenstein

Double-S- wrote:Spam: it's not just for lunch (but it should be).
If you have something to say, go for it. If you do not have something to say, don't say anything. It's simple. The conflict occurs when people think they have something to say, but actually don't. When they give in to these misguided urges, the result is spam.
Don't start with me. If you can make posts consisting of nothing more than two words, then how do you think it would be fair to give me a lecture about spam? It's like those times when you get slapped for laughing at someone for tripping, yet everyone else is doing it without being touched.

Was it because I called you a hick? I apologize, but you so had it coming.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I'm looking at his posts and I can't see any that are anywhere close to as useless as some of the <A HREF="http://ghzforum.nathantsui.com/search.p ... tein">crap you've posted</A>, so why don't you shut up.

Thanks for quickly reminding us why we enjoyed your absence so much.

Professor Machenstein

Thanks for quickly reminding me why I enjoyed it so much. Honestly, what happened to "Speak your mind, or lack thereof"?

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Wrong forum.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Besides, it's speak, not type.

Professor Machenstein

Wrong forum? Reading the posts here, I thought it was for all forums for second. Meh, why care though? We all make useless posts. We can't say everything insightful in every post possible. Otherwise, this wouldn't be GHZ. At least I'm not giving you a lecture about the whole SegaSonic/SatamSonic arguement like FCTU.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I heard that!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Just chill out, I kept making retarded posts and got flamed so don't follow my lead. Just learn to leave the arguement and refer to the topic. I mean, we're still on page 1 for fuck sake.