Shorts: New Sonic Café Game • E3 Related Pictures

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

The discussion value to the topic seems to dried out. We've already discussed the Shadow statue, that Sonic Café thing, and then there was some comment on the cell-phone Sonic's holding. The only thing left to do is make random observations... Or, not say a thing.

Off-topic: Double-S-, I'm sorry I called you a hick before leaving previously. I came back here to make ammends, but it seems I'm doing the complete opposite. Therefore, I'm going to let it out right here. You didn't have it coming. I'm just a tightass, emo, furry, gothboy who slits his wrists and can't make a useful post, even if his life depended on it. I mean, spending years on the Sega.com message boards can do a lot to you. That's why I've come here to be raised in GHZ's example. You guys are smart, funny, and worth listening to, and I'm a grade-A drama queen. So yeah, if anything, I want to be a GHZer, and I will start by taking back all the lame insults I've thrown at you all. Understand, I come to serve, not to battle.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

It's happening again...try not to ask apologies too much, ok?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I used to go on the Sega.com messageboards too, until I realised they were all faggots and sought refuge in places elsewhere. Goddamnit, when I joined here I was as much of a fag as the Sega.com posters. It takes time to find your niche here, but you won't find it by whining and wallowing in self pity.

Cara made an astute observation. Stop apologising for everything, stop emo-aning about how much you suck. We get it, you have low self esteem. Just take the piss out of people and don't take anything we say seriously. Be a complete asshole. That's the magic of Internets.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

j-man wrote:I used to go on the Sega.com messageboards too, until I realised they were all faggots and sought refuge in places elsewhere. Goddamnit, when I joined here I was as much of a fag as the Sega.com posters. It takes time to find your niche here, but you won't find it by whining and wallowing in self pity.

Cara made an astute observation. Stop apologising for everything, stop emo-aning about how much you suck. We get it, you have low self esteem. Just take the piss out of people and don't take anything we say seriously. Be a complete asshole. That's the magic of Internets.
And to ilustrate this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?d ... 3-19&res=l

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

:shock:

Friend of yours?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I suppose there was a draft in that room.

Professor Machenstein

Stop apologising for everything, stop emo-aning about how much you suck. We get it, you have low self esteem.
I poke fun at myself and other people. It has nothing to do with self esteem.
Just take the piss out of people and don't take anything we say seriously. Be a complete asshole. That's the magic of Internets.
Weeeeeeell... I don't want to be douched. I guess this place requires balance.
Request granted.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

DarkPrime wrote:Friend of yours?
I wish.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Brazillian Cara wrote:It's happening again...try not to ask apologies too much, ok?
I'm sorry.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Wow! He's even more of a drama queen than TSS.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

He's lucky he wasn't here during GHZ Survivor. He probably would have voted for himself as well.

CM August

Post by CM August »

... Aaaanyway.
Kishi wrote:I like where they're going with the Sonic art, if this is in fact a sign of a trend. It's not hey-man funky like the Sonic Adventure art, but it's not overly stubby and ineffectual like the Sonic Advance 3 art. In spirit, it's actually reminiscent of the pre-Uekawa era.
You know, if I squint real hard, it actually does remind me of the classic design, modeling issues notwithstanding. Also, it's amazing how much friendlier Sonic looks with his old black eyes. Squinting kinda phases out the green.

Professor Machenstein

Maybe Uekawa has squint-vision. What other reason do you think Ristar came from a rabbit-like character to a star-masked sphere?

I kinda see what you mean about modern Sonic art looking classic-y. A good example of this would be the Sonic Advance 3 art here.
The black in Sonic's eyes virtually make the green unnoticable. Not to mention Sonic's blue pigment is now lighter like the Sonic CD Intro/Ending, and the muzzle is pale too.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Sort of, but I was really only talking about the CG mobile phone Sonic. The Sonic Advance 3 art there, while similar, definitely has more of the Xtreme modern atmosphere.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

In the phone pic the ears are more rounded, his eyes are wider and his brow is much less furrowed compared to the almost evil looking SA2 version.