Next-Gen Sonic Tech Demo

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Next-Gen Sonic Tech Demo

Post by big_smile »

Running to the Next Level
:FUS: Next-Gen Sonic Tech Demo

Sonic the Hedgehog featured in a video montage titled Sega’s Next Level, which was produced by various Sega departments to showcase their proficiency with the next generation of gaming hardware. It is not clear which systems the demos are for or if any of the sequences shown will be developed into actual games.

The Sonic portion showed the blue blur moving around what appears to be a highly realistic 3D rendition of the Green Hill Zone.

IGN made these comments on the demo:
A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot. The final segment of the video displayed Sonic the Hedgehog running at full speed down a grassy path. The foliage surrounding Sonic was clearly next-gen material, but it was hard to tell at times because he was moving at an incredible rate. I'd like to imagine that Sonic was moving through a realistic version of Green Hill Zone.

Sonic reached the edge of a cliff and performed a swan dive down hundreds of feet into a canyon. Sonic entered a large open cavern with flowing water at the bottom. Sonic began tossing ring bubbles into the environment and golden rings bounced around the huge room. At this point the announcer restated that everything shown was in real-time and sonic hit a series of springs and shot into the sky. The camera then switched back to sonic running and as he blasted across a flat plateau, a massive airship appeared above him and dropped down a fleet of robots. The robots formed a circle around him and pummeled our hero with machine gun fire. Sonic fell to the ground, only to spring back up into the air, surrounded by emeralds and transformed into the all-powerful golden sonic. He performed a charged air attack that turned the bots into a pile of rubble.

Japanese website Game Watch Impress have also posted some comments on the demo, although these do not translate clearly. However, according to their report, the Chaos Emeralds appeared in the sequence.

Update by big smile
1 Up have posted some impressions which highlight the impressive speed of the Sonic trailer and confirm the presence of Super Sonic.
Last edited by big_smile on Thu May 19, 2005 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Damnit, we need a video of this NOW!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Screw Sonic, I want to see the Afterburner and House of the Dead segments.

Also...

W E L C O
M E T O T
H E N E X
T L E V E L

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Segaholic2 wrote:Damnit, we need a video of this NOW!
Yeah, from the <i>sound</i> of the description, it does seem like a pleasantly graphic video. Hopefully we'll be able to see it soon.
IGN wrote:A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot.
MeGAman?!lozl

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

MUST HAVE MOVIE NOW PLZ.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Realistic...Green...Hill...Zone!
Omni want video!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

This is getting ridiculous. Forums all over have that report posted but none of them have the actual video. It's disgraceful, says I.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

http://www.opa-ages.com/eee/SEGA/Sonic_nextgen.MOV

Not much, but better than nothing. Also, may not be up for long.

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Thanks to the folks at Opa-Ages, some video-cam footage has surfaced online. So get bandwidth sucking.

The hedgehog part certainly looks interesting, even moreso when you consider that it's alledgedly all real-time. Our dear Sonic gets gunned down, and drops with an almighty clank! Quite shocking! Here's hoping the whole thing may get officially released; that indoor part looks like it may be rather pretty. It's hard to make out too well on the shake-cam video, but I'm rather curious as to what music that is I can hear (if it's even from the Sega video). I certainly couldn't make out any guitar-riffs..

EDIT: Psx! You slimey quicker-poster-than-I git! I shall pelt you with eDrama! Pshh!

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Tee-hee.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1399_en.html

Better footage and they show all of the Sega tech demos. Thanks to MC's Sanius for pointing this out.

And I will have my torrent window open.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Well, the Egg Carrier's back, at least. That was the ship dropping hundreds of bots on sonic in the field, yes?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

NEXT GEN SONIC, BETTER QUALITY SCREENSHOTS!

First we see a Chaos Emerald that goes to a close up on screen to reveal inside the Movie. We see Sonic Running in this Awesome looking forest! Sonic's Also Awesome looking of course! he then goes and jumps of a cliff and dives in spread eagle pose! An Awesome breathtaking sight! once on ground he continues running and to his surprize he sees 3 Robots that go flying next to him, he then goes Super Speed and leaves them in the dust, while he ends up entering some beautiful ruins, once inside you see the camera go to first person view, and you see that Sonic? is trowing lots of ring boxes and when they break they explode in lots of rings! What does all that means? I dont know. but I hope its not a weapon.
while hes trowing boxes, from a upper wall the 3 Robots Sonic saw earlier Return!
One of the Robots scans Sonic...then Sonic Goes into a shining Spin dash! and destroys 2 of the robots, then you see Sonic go out of this spining mode and you see little stars? he used an Invisibility box?? I HOPE SO! anyways, The last Robot starts shooting at Sonic, Sonic Runs up the walls,goes all over the place dodging the bot, jumps on a Spring and lands out side.

Once outside, he starts running straight on a cool Grassy area, but then he stops and looks up! He then sees this huge Ship flying over him (Egg Carrier MKIII?)
The Ship opens a door on the bottom, and Hundreds of Robots come out of the Ship! They All Surround Sonic!

All the Robots then do what the do best! they Shoot Poor Sonic Down! Sonic is overwhelmed, doesnt have a chance to move gets caught in the crossfire and falls down to the ground defeated!! You then see the robots looking what appeared to be Sonic's Fate...But from all the smoke Left! a figure shoots up from the ground!
Its Sonic and He has The Emeralds! He Transforms! and a huge flash occurs! The Robots looks in amazement in this big yellow flash!

No Surprize Here..Its Super Sonic! and he means business! he then Open his eyes and looks at them..Quickly flying towards the Robots. Then the screen goes black and we see the Emerald zoom out an go towards the screen, Oh and you see the SEGA logo.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

You are excited. WAY too much excited. But it sounds neat for a teaser.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

SegaSonic wrote:words

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I would just like to say that those robots are actually kind of cool looking.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Spazz wrote:
What are you babbling about now?
would just like to say that those robots are actually kind of cool looking.
Yeah, I like to think theyre called the E-3000 Series, and is that an Egg Carrier MKIII?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

SegaSonic wrote:
Spazz wrote:
What are you babbling about now?
What were YOU babbling about THEN?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

EDIT: Ignoring is better.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Sun May 22, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Well I think you're a moron.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Well, that video looked like it might have been good!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Thanks for the tip Locit.

Esrever, have you not seen it? its up for download.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I did see it. And it looked like it might have been good. It's sort of hard to tell when it looks like you're watching through a layer of vasaline. ;)

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Thats where my lube went!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Whoops, just came.