Sonic Gems website - PS2, artwork goodies and more

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Frieza2000 wrote:
firemario1001 wrote:The PC version of Sonic CD butchered that really cool level transition with Sonic spinning in this void when you time travel: no fade in or fade out effects, and the transition wasn't as smooth because it displayed a loading screen following that. And some levels have really bad slowdown issues- Tidal Tempest boss is almost unplayable because of it.
What kind of PC were you playing on? None of what you said occurs on mine.
Never mind, it's because of the XP patch I have that ruins the loading screen. I still get lag though.

Come to think of it, isn't the sound quality worse on the PC version as well?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!?? NON BELIVERS!! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!?? :grin:

Told Ya it was a collection! and the Best Collection since Sonic Jam!

I only hope for 3 things!

Chaotix,SegaSonic and Japanese Track for Sonic CD!

BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS HERE!!! EVEN THE PC VERSION SONIC R!!!!

THERE IS A GOD!!
Last edited by SegaSonic on Wed May 18, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Who seriously thought this was anything but another Mega Collection?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

All those who said it was gonna be a Emerald Hunting Game, or a puzzle Game, or even a Diversion to distract us from other Games like Shadow.

Check all the old Sonic Gems threads!

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

SonicGeek wrote:Sega's E3 Site confirms that the PS2 is Europe only
I HATE SONIC TEAM.

So is noone here able to use their uber connections or persistence to find out about the Sonic CD soundtrack thing?
Last edited by Pepperidge on Wed May 18, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I thought it was going to be a rock collecting game. Then, once you found the rocks, you could polish and categorize them, making a 'gem' collection, if you will.

No, not really.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Kishi wrote:Who seriously thought this was anything but another Mega Collection?
SegaSonic wrote:All those who said it was gonna be a Emerald Hunting Game, or a puzzle Game, or even a Diversion to distract us from other Games like Shadow.

lol internets

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

SegaSonic wrote:All those who said it was gonna be a Emerald Hunting Game, or a puzzle Game, or even a Diversion to distract us from other Games like Shadow.

Sometimes people joke.
Locit wrote:I thought it was going to be a rock collecting game. Then, once you found the rocks, you could polish and categorize them, making a 'gem' collection, if you will.

No, not really.
Like that.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Well then those jokes were lame and not funny at all...

Locit, Yours was funny and clearly a joke. :)

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Pep, I guess we'll have to wait till after the E3ers get home or whatever. If they can even hear the music over the BANGING headache that is E3.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

SegaSonic wrote:Well then those jokes were lame and not funny at all...

Locit, Yours was funny and clearly a joke. :)
On behalf of the GHZ, I apologize. Next time, we'll mark sarcasm with red, jokes with green, and insults to your intelligence with brown.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

He's like totally not even joking!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ah! thats better!

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

It seems that the Japanese is getting the same deal as the Europeans:
Sonic Gems Collection is planned, in Japan at least, for both GameCube and PlayStation 2 release this August.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615854 ... ?fromint=1

Which confuses me why didn't they bother to do this in all territories? I mean Sonic may not be as big in NA now as he is in Europe, but the series is still more popular here than it is in Japan. I mean did SMC+ for the PS2 really do that bad in North America?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Perhaps Nintendo paid for a regional exclusive?

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

big_smile wrote:
Huh, that would be odd. Can anyone confirm this?
I’ve asked Hari Hari, so we should know soon. ^_^
The Japanese game had the US music.

---

The Sega FTP site contains new movies of Phantasy Star Universe, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Gems Collection. Each file is over 100 MB, which is a bit too big for my lowly 56K connection. Anyone want to download them to see if they contain anything interesting? ^_^

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

On it. I'll even upload them somewhere else for quicker downloading.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Here's some images for the connection speed-impaired.

I know what you're thinking. BADASS! Seriously, let's get this over with:

Those damned aliens.

Looks like Shadow's answer to the Tornado.

What the HELL is that thing? Shit looks ridiculous.

Aw, how cute.

Shadow does an awful lot of flying in this game.

Other tidbits: A hugearse ship is seen in one segment - probably Eggman's, as it looks like a less inspired version of the Egg Carrier - and Shadow's "flying" skill is usually done when in Red & Blue Kool-Aid Mode. Actually, the powered-up forms are most likely for wide-radius blast attacks, as seen in the trailer. The dragon thing Shadow is riding looks to be a recap of SA-styled Sky Chase, complete with the Egg Carrier knockoff. Shadow also can throw objects ten times his size as he lobs a giant pack of "dynamite" at a robot in the footage. Oh, and Shadow utters the line "CHAOS BLAST!" in English, but it's not worth listening to. Still, it shows they've got the US voice actors lined up.

Was anybody else seriously depressed by the level design? Pretty much giant hunks of stone suspended in the middle of the fucking sky. That's not Sonic-styled, that's just lazy and looks terrible. The more I see of it the more I hate it. The music was shit, too.
Last edited by CM August on Fri May 20, 2005 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

big smile wrote:The Japanese game had the US music.
Ruh-roh!
CM August wrote:Image
Aw, how cute.
It looks like alternate Shadow is about to cap Sonic, meaning there could be a ending where you get to kill Sonic and co. =/

Also, I C&P my thoughts on what I said on another MB:

I like the clay-like characters, but unfortunately it doesn't really fit in game that that is supposedly dark and serious and so it looks stupid. Clay-Sonic characters would fit in your average 3D Sonic game(no hand guns, aliens, SUVs, or other stupid shit like that) with maybe the rest of the background given some sort of clay motif as seen in any Aardman animation. However, that could be as controversial as the art direction in Wind Waker, but at least it would be more interesting than trying to create the most realistic, fur-shaded model as possible.

As for the new trailer and info about this game--it frustrates me. It sounds like it has some interesting, good ideas, but it is brought down with some bloated, bad ideas. Also, I have a feeling that this won't be executed properly meaning it will probably turn out as average as SH in the end.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The music was shit, too.
The music in the trailer, I believe, was simply produced for the trailer and is not actually indicative of what's going to be in the game. That's how trailers are usually presented.

Incidentally, don't bother downloading the Gems Collection trailer unless you want to watch 100 megs of Palmtree Panic video, followed by the title screens of the other games on the collection.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

AWESOME

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Gamespot have posted their impressions of the Sonic Gems Collection E3 demo.

EDIT: Damn it! I don't know what's wrong with Gamespot's site but the Gems Collection impressions thing keeps disappearing!

Essentially only CD and Fighters were playable. It still doesn't say which soundtrack Sonic CD uses as the sound was drowned out by other noise. Sonic the Fighters graphics are slightly improved and are smoother and less blocky than the original. Sounds promising so far!

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

According to SEGA Europe's site, Gems Collection will be out in September over here in Europe, while it's out slightly earlier in Japan and the US (August).
Last edited by Koosh Koosh! on Thu May 19, 2005 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Music in E3 trailers is always crap. Just watch the PSU trailer.

Although the second half of that Shadow trailer sounded like another one of the 3D Sonic trademark rock songs.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

You know what? I'm sick of not liking new Sonic games anymore. I still remember when every newly announced game was a massive rush, and every trailer and screenshot was like sweet candy. They made me happy. Now, they only depress me.

I liked being happy. I don't like being depressed. So from now on, I am going to like these games again. I am going to think they look cool, and I'm not going to say anything bad about them anymore. So I'd just like to say, that trailer looked REALLY AWESOME. The graphics are super good, and the weapon-based combat looks deep and well thought out. It sounds like they're really going to flesh out Shadow as a character. And I'm really excited to see that Sonic is in the game after all! Maybe he needs Shadow to help him! That would be great.

I can't wait for this game to be released!