Sonic Gems Collection and Shadow - Early E3 Details

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sonic Gems Collection and Shadow - Early E3 Details

Post by big_smile »

:FUS: New information about Sonic Gems Collection and Shadow the Hedgehog has come from E3, even though Sega wont be making an official announcement about the next Sonic game until tomorrow.

According to IGN, Sonic Gems Collection is lined-up to be officially unveiled tomorrow. Details are sketchy at the moment, but play instructions for the E3 demo, posted by Nintendo Now, make reference to both Sonic CD and Sonic the Fighters. Early reports suggest that the collection will be a Gamecube exclusive.

Several websites, including Nintendo Now and Jeux France have also posted new information about Shadow the Hedgehog. The storyline will incorporate time travel, as Shadow moves between eras to uncover the truth about his identity. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman will assist him in his quest, and are also reported to be playable.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Re: Sonic Gems Collection and Shadow - Early E3 Details

Post by Baba O'Reily »

big_smile wrote: The storyline will incorporate time travel, as Shadow moves between eras to uncover the truth about his identity. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman will assist him in his quest, and are also reported to be playable.
Aw, god DAMN it.

Nakasan_UKG

Post by Nakasan_UKG »

Aww.... I was kinda hoping Sonic CD would be left as a mega cd game.
I dunno, but isn't a package with two games, one of questionable quality (questionable cause i've never played the fighters) not really worthy of a release...? Presumably more games will be available in the package, but only CD and the fighters will be in plyable form?
What other games could there be? I personally loved Sonic R...

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Sonic CD alone would be well worth a rerelease for those of us not fortunate enough to have got it the first time round.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Any idea what "copy" is anyone?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

big_smile wrote: The storyline will incorporate time travel, as Shadow moves between eras to uncover the truth about his identity. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman will assist him in his quest, and are also reported to be playable.
=(

Does this mean Sonic will also be wielding a gun and using vehicles?! =(

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:Any idea what "copy" is anyone?
Well it's not introduced by a game title and a colon, so I guess it's for file copying purposes.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Far as I'm concerned Sonic the Fighters and Sonic CD make Gems Collection a must buy purchase even if they are the only 2 games although really they should have been included in Mega Collection. I only hope that they include the EU/JP soundtrack for Sonic CD or include both versions of the soundtrack.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

big_smile wrote:The storyline will incorporate time travel, as Shadow moves between eras to uncover the truth about his identity. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman will assist him in his quest, and are also reported to be playable.
Fuck.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

big_smile wrote:The storyline will incorporate time travel, as Shadow moves between eras to uncover the truth about his identity. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman will assist him in his quest, and are also reported to be playable.
TIME TRAVEL fapfapfapfapfapfap

minnietguinea

Post by minnietguinea »

Nakasan_UKG wrote:Aww.... I was kinda hoping Sonic CD would be left as a mega cd game.
I dunno, but isn't a package with two games, one of questionable quality (questionable cause i've never played the fighters) not really worthy of a release...? Presumably more games will be available in the package, but only CD and the fighters will be in plyable form?
What other games could there be? I personally loved Sonic R...
Besides Sonic CD and Fighters,

SegaSonic Arcade
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic R

That would be five. But can Sonic R and Arcade be done on Gamecube? I thought there was a problem with Fighters for a while.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

If this Gems Collection has both CD soundtracks, The Fighters, R, and Arcade, it will be a dream come true.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I wouldn't go that far. A novelty for collectors, maybe, but except for Sonic CD, none of those games are very good...

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

SegaSonic Arcade is the only one that can't be emulated or reasonably bought, so it's the only one that's more than a novelty. Maybe Fighters too, since the EMU for that doesn't play too well.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Segasonic isn't really the same game without a trackball, though. It'd be extremely short, easy, and bland playing it with a control pad.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

No collection is going to be able to complete with the original for quality, but there's certainly enough great or decent stuff left to pad out Gems. Sonic CD, Sonic R PC, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Pocket Adventure and the Sonic World from Jam (or a new equivilent) would all be worthwhile inclusions, though I doubt Sonic Team could be bothered with some of those.

And there's also Knuckles Chaotix, Segasonic the Arcade, Sonic Shuffle and whatever is left of Sonic X-treme (a demo or something maybe?)... games which aren't worthwhile on their own merits, but which would be nice to have from a completist's perspective.

I think we should take bets on what the final game lineup will be.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I'm betting on Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, and maybe R. Probably the GameGear games again.

I'm a pessimist.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Yeah, that sounds about right, doesnt it? :/

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

True. Even collection 100% of the rings would be pretty pathetic with a control stick. Still, I'd pay just to see the last 2 levels. Then I could honestly claim I'd beaten every Sonic game ever (exept those 2 handhelds, patrol cars, and maybe some of that eyetoy thing. Not sure if there's more than one level to that), even if it wasn't the true version. It's more about curiosity and completion than actually caring about the game for me.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Did any of you play Fighters in an arcade? I did... then that arcade disappeared. =\

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Double-S- wrote:I did... then that arcade disappeared. =\
Do you think there is a connection?

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

My PC sucks and I couldn't play well nebulam2/MAME versions, but I liked Bean and Bark's fighting stiles in Fighters Megamix, I'm sure that I will enjoy it

The other games in this compilation?

- Chaotix
- Sonic R
- Segasonic
- Sonic Shuffle (no loading times!!! :D)
- Sonic World 2
- Christmas Nights
- Burning Rangers
- Nights
- Chu Chu Rocket
- Virtua Striker ver. Team Sonic vs. MVP Yukichan (whit the secret Team Shadow packing guns)
- and some other surprises

wait, is that game sonic team's? (landing on earth)

Sonic R PC version

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

big_smile wrote:Early reports suggest that the collection will be a Gamecube exclusive.
:(

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Chaotix sucked.