Sonic Gems Collection and Shadow - Early E3 Details

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

DOOM EYE KICKS ASS!!

CE

Post by CE »

CM August wrote:Their leader is named Black Doom the Dark Lord! Fucking hardcore.
Oh come on. This is the series that gave us such wonderful names as Knuckles, Big, and Dr. Kintobor. Black Doom isn't all that bad in comparison.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

First, Now theres a New Staff and Director (so Stupid desicions are being made) and Second, the Name Kintobor was made by the fictional Comics.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

I'm pretty sure of all of Sonic is fictional.

Edit: Also, hay guys, I'M BEING HILARIOUS AND PRETENDING THIS GAME WILL NOT BE GAY. Aren't I hilarious? Lol! Sonic Heroes <3! Lol!

Just shut up.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

HAR HAR LOOK AT ME, I'M OBSERVING HOW OTHER PEOPLE ARE BEHAVING, LOL LOL LOL

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

touché, faggot

BUT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PAY ATTENTION TO ME. I'm like some mentally ill grandfather at the back of the board, screaming for his pills.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Koosh Koosh! wrote:I am a stick ass and don't like fun.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Damn right.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

It's too much cinism for a single page.

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

I would post a correction to that, but I can't spell cynicism either.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

You got it. =Þ

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think it looks pretty good. Really. ;_; You're all mean.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

A more detailed review of the Shadow demo by Sonic Cult:
In Westopolis, Shadow is joined by Sonic, who kind of follows you around (though it seems pretty easy to lose him) and reminds you not to kill humans. In the second stage I tried, it was Eggman (well, a flying monitor broadcasting Eggman's face), who followed you around pretty much telling you to destroy everything. But going with the whole theme of choosing whether Shadow is good or evil, you can kill whatever the hell you want. I think the type of enemy you kill determines whether you fill up your blue meter or red meter, which gives you a nice super powered Chaos form (making Shadow glow red or blue for a limited time). I guess the enemies are made up of humans, aliens, and robots. Some of the robots seem to be taken directly from Sonic Heroes, though now they drop their weapons when they die.

The gameplay was all right, but it still suffered from some of the loose controls that Sonic Heroes did. Not quite as bad, but still not nearly as tight as Sonic Adventure 2. The weapon thing worked out pretty well, though I still think Shadow looks fucking ridiculous holding these huge guns, many which are more than twice his size. It just looks kind of silly when he's holding them and then does the rolling-into-a-ball-thing to jump and the weapon is spinning around everywhere. The functionality was pretty good, though, and there was a decent bit of variety. And it seems you don't really have to use a weapon at all for most parts of the game, if you don't want to. Weapons are taken from defeated enemies. Just about every one dropped something, so there was always plenty to choose from. My favorite was one of the big-ass alien swords. You could swing it around and take out whatever's in your way. Baically, the G.U.N. army dropped realistic type weapons, the aliens dropped weird futuristic weapons, and Eggman's robots dropped big-ass lances and bazookas and the like.

I think there was some sort of goal ring that ended the stage. Like in previous 3D Sonic games, you receive a "grade" at the end depending on your performance. Again, the control could use some polish, but overall, it's looking pretty good.

When I played the game at the Nintendo booth, one of the Nintendo guys asked if I liked it. He said that the Sega guys kept coming over and asking what people thought of it. I pretty much just told him that I liked it but thought the controls could use some tightening. Yay for indirect feedback.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh come on. This is the series that gave us such wonderful names as Knuckles, Big, and Dr. Kintobor. Black Doom isn't all that bad in comparison.
Don't forget Battlecock.

j-man

Post by j-man »

I know you won't.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I just figured out...

The Suffering + Ratchet and Clank series + SA2
= Shadow the Hedgehog

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

God knows what The Suffering is, but the Ratchet series and SA2 are light years beyond Shadow.

The more I hear about this game, the less I wish I knew.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

Ancient wrote:God knows what The Suffering is
I'm sure He does. :-P

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

That Quacker Duk fellow seemed to like it. Then again, he's a Shadow fanatic.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Oh holy hell, it's back.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Holy hell, look at the site.
This guy wrote:If "Sonic Heroes" was roast beef with cheddar on a sesame seed bun, this game is filet mignon with a gun and a sideorder of "kick ass."
I was unaware there were people outside of Esrever that actually liked the game, much less came at the mention of it.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Esrever? You mean THAT Esrever, the one that went insane and decided from that point that all new Sonic games rock. Heh heh, one for my side... AHEM, yeah, I saw it happen too. Everyone did. It was like an explosion, the kind that shook the Earth, crumbled the largest mountains, wiped out civilizations like a freak sandstorm, and spawned new vegetation among every land in the aftermath. It was like thousands of ninjas flying in the air, slashing iron and spewing lasers from their supernatural opticals. Llamas jumping off cliffs in self-sacrafice. Radioactive meteorites crashing into the Earth and thus rising the now undead and enslaving the human populace, using the young as meat to feed to their man-eating pets.

So yeah, that guy.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

YOUR CONTRIBUTION ARE HELPFUL!

j-man

Post by j-man »

You know if any one of us "popular" posters wrote that it would be comedy gold. STEP AWFFFF!!1

And I think Shadow The Hedgehog looks kickass.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Mmmmmmaybe... I'm still half and half. If it's possible to get through most of the game without the gun then I may just like it.
Machenstein wrote: The kind that shook the Earth, crumbled the largest mountains, wiped out civilizations

Couldn't it wipe out yours?