Sonic Rivals - New screens featuring Metal Sonic

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Ngangbius wrote:
BlazeHedgehog wrote:Not entirely true. Badmouthing an unfinished game before it's even released? That's bad business - both for the magazine (the game isn't done yet! It could still be fixed!) and the company (word of mouth begins to spread that the game is a piece of shit before it's even on store shelves). Plus, magazines generally do more than one preview for certain games - imagine if each preview was consistently bad from the first hands-on test to the last one before the game was released! The game would be a total bomb.
None of this affected Shadow the Hedgehog.
Because most shadows fans got the game on the release?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Well, I didn't buy it.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The European Rivals site has launched. It contains character profiles, story information and zone names.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Interesting! good find, good find indeed.

WW

Post by WW »

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE FOLKS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNpDCIGgG4

For some reason, I was quite surprised at this.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I knew it! I knew it wasnt what it seemed because then Silver's story wouldve been pointless.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

Haha, what the hell. Does this mean Eggman had kids somewhere down the line?

WW

Post by WW »

That's usually how it works.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I like the way they are bothering to connect the plot of Sonic Rivals to Sonic Rush. Because so many people own both a PSP and a DS, right? Right!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

So now Rush, with Sonic 360, are taken to be set in the future, and not a parallel dimension? So Eggman Nega being an identical twin of Eggman isn't due to him being an alternate universe version of Eggman...it's just because they're related? Distantly?

Not that I've paid attention to the stories of the recent games, or even played the recent games for that matter, but...you know. What's it all about?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well, I think there now a new plothole between this game, Rush, and Sonic 2006.

Sonic 2006 Silver's spoiler:

Supposedly at the end of Silver's game, Blaze is sent into an alternate dimension as she was originally from Silver's time. So Eggman Nega is from the future, so how did he get into the same alternate dimension as Blaze?

...looking back on what I just typed, this all seems pretty stupid for a franchise about a cartoony blue hedgehog who just likes to run and smash robots.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Ngangbius wrote:Well, I think there now a new plothole between this game, Rush, and Sonic 2006.

Sonic 2006 Silver's spoiler:

Supposedly at the end of Silver's game, Blaze is sent into an alternate dimension as she was originally from Silver's time. So Eggman Nega is from the future, so how did he get into the same alternate dimension as Blaze?

...looking back on what I just typed, this all seems pretty stupid for a franchise about a cartoony blue hedgehog who just likes to run and smash robots.
Yes, true. And I cant believe that about Eggman Nega, I mean, what did the original Eggman do, a bit of experiment in clonacion so when he is gone there will be still another Eggman?.?. Besides that would mean the Sol esmeralds are from Sonic universe, it doesnt make any sence…

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Besides that would mean the Sol esmeralds are from Sonic universe, it doesnt make any sence…
Solaris is basically a time-traveling, pissed off, Chaos. All you'd need to say is that that every God has its own set of Emeralds. Of course, that could mean we'd be looking at the Earth Emeralds and the Tornado Emeralds in 10 years, too.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

So is that rainbow colored Sol Emerald the equivalent of the Master Emerald or something else?

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Those aren't sol emeralds, those are powerups. They aren't part of the story at all. The rainbow one lets you turn super.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What do you mean turn Super? 0_o

theAMAZINGboo

Post by theAMAZINGboo »

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

You can go super in any level? Or are these thing confined to the end?

Dragonfox
Location: Birmingham UK, the land of underage sex and school drop-outs

Post by Dragonfox »

Arcade wrote:Yes, true. And I cant believe that about Eggman Nega, I mean, what did the original Eggman do, a bit of experiment in clonacion so when he is gone there will be still another Eggman?.?. Besides that would mean the Sol esmeralds are from Sonic universe, it doesnt make any sence…
He raped Elise during her imprisonment. Horny Egg.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Dragonfox wrote:
Arcade wrote:Yes, true. And I cant believe that about Eggman Nega, I mean, what did the original Eggman do, a bit of experiment in clonacion so when he is gone there will be still another Eggman?.?. Besides that would mean the Sol esmeralds are from Sonic universe, it doesnt make any sence…
He raped Elise during her imprisonment. Horny Egg.
The story of an alternate dimension/universe in Rush had a lot more sense than this “Sonic the hedgehogâ€￾ story. I mean, alternate dimensions are an overused cliché, so we can accept it. But, evil villains clones? They are always lame. Not even Slayers had a decent clone…

What’s with the Eggmans and raping? I mean is really obvious that Eggman raped Cream mon. Heck Cream may even be Eggman daughter, and she doesn’t look a bit like Eggman because of da old rule that says: “funny animalsâ€￾(or furries) daughters look like their mon, at least when crossing with a different species.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Frieza2000 wrote:You can go super in any level? Or are these thing confined to the end?
Yes, but no one's done it yet. You have to S-rank all of a character's levels, bosses, and missions to unlock their Super form.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Plorpus III wrote:
Frieza2000 wrote:You can go super in any level? Or are these thing confined to the end?
Yes, but no one's done it yet. You have to S-rank all of a character's levels, bosses, and missions to unlock their Super form.
So finally a game which this feature since S&K? also is the time change present or was it removed?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Arcade wrote:What’s with the Eggmans and raping? I mean is really obvious that Eggman raped Cream mon. Heck Cream may even be Eggman daughter, and she doesn’t look a bit like Eggman because of da old rule that says: “funny animalsâ€￾(or furries) daughters look like their mon, at least when crossing with a different species.
I was not aware of the rules of cross-species relations. Thank you for clarifying.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Plorpus III wrote:
Incidentally, when i spoke to some of the people working on the game at Sega, they said they haven't heard of a feature, but it could happen. They also talked about rumours of an alternative ending.

I guess it's safe to say that if these features do exist, then Sega hasn't tested them. So expect bugs.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

It'd be hilarious if after all the work to unlock super forms and all the time we've waited for Sega to bring them back they just crashed the game.