E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

The last post about Titan Tails was mine.
lol Locit. If you think about it, though, most of the games have introduced a new character.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Naka retires, leaving it all future games in the hands of the homeless man who lives in Sonic Team's dumpsters.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:Naka retires, leaving it all future games in the hands of the homeless man who lives in Sonic Team's dumpsters.
Future games are much improved.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Naka's been gone from Sega for awhile. :p

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

MiraiTails wrote:If you think about it, though, most of the games have introduced a new character.
Get right out.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Salad wrote:Tails does the Titan Tails crap from the comics
I just had to look into this, and holy <a href="http://www.sonichq.org/images/scans/arc ... g">crap</a>.

Copy/paste.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Shadow never mentions Maria. Not even once.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

That's it? That's the big revelation?

One Classy Bloke

I think it's pretty big. It's shows a proper development in Shadow's character. Basicly, Shadow's not emo in the least anymore.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I have enough faith in Shadow's emo-ness that I think he can manage to be emo throughout without mentioning Maria. Or would that be lack of faith? One of those.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Kishi wrote:
Salad wrote:Tails does the Titan Tails crap from the comics
I just had to look into this, and holy <a href="http://www.sonichq.org/images/scans/arc ... g">crap</a>.

Copy/paste.
Ah. Sasquatch Tails. How glad I am that they have fired Ken Penders.

Raytracer

Post by Raytracer »

phear, for 'tis horrible!

how glad am I that I still have my mint 1st edition magazine :) (none of the ones shown on the site, surprisingly, have the same cover)

primary plot: sonic finally jumps out of the game, onto the pages, and has to grab a ring from a well to beat the ball contraption (sonic 1 lv 1 boss)

things get interesting after that.

oh yeah, original thread topic... --------> that way.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Shadow never mentions Maria. Not even once.
A logical thing, Shadow fulfilled his promise in full. No reason for him to beat the dead horse in half.

(but does the eclipse cannon show up? that's the kicker.)

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Did shadow mention Maria that much in the Shadow game?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

If I recall correctly... not really. I mean, he had the memory of her death haunting him a little, but he didn't know who it was, and it's only brought up once or twice each run through.

Black Doom sure as hell did mention her, though. He was practically beating Shadow around the head with it. That, and two levels had her as a partner, being as utterly useless as every other partner in that game.

I could be wrong, though, since it's been so long since I played Shadow (and who in their right mind would want to?). I do know that, in one of the flashback stages, she was downright and utterly unhelpful (how about pointing out Artificial Chaoses that I hadn't already killed, idiot?), but that's beside the point.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

First off get a second player to control Maria and you can kill Artificial Chaos just by jumping into them, kinda creepy.

The Shadow Saga could have been compelling, but it needed some major alterations:

In SA2 Shadow was not portrayed as an overboard emo, unless he was by himself, he was cold and focused, no time for angst, I've got shit to do! that is the way Shadow should be, more people would enjoy him if he had an iron grip on his feelings. Next Sonic heroes should not have happened (or Shadow should not have made an appearance) instead the next time we should of heard from Shadow should have been when they announced his game. SHtH it's self could have started kinda the same, just with some major differences, he should have started out just as cold ruthless as he was portrayed in SA2, with only the memory of Maria being killed as an anchor point, no memory of Sonic & co., Eggman, or anything else. Then as the game progressed you could discover how he survived (in a logical way, not the snippet you had to wait for if you took to long) and he could developed any emotion, determination (following his promise) Hate (Destroy the d*** planet) or indifference ( stand back and watch the planet rip it's self apart. With those fixes the big news here may not have been "Shadow doesn't mention Maria".

CM August

Post by CM August »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:Ah. Sasquatch Tails. How glad I am that they have fired Ken Penders.
Wasn't that story written by Romy Chacon? Not that it matters, since he's fired too.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

One Classy Bloke wrote:I think it's pretty big. It's shows a proper development in Shadow's character. Basicly, Shadow's not emo in the least anymore.
But can you affirmatively say that he does more than shooting and driving in his levels? Character be damned, that's the biggie.

Post by Guest »

Good job, OCB, you've become notable enough to earn yourself a section in the Next-Gen Wikipedia page.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

One Classy Bloke wrote:My name's been flying around a lot. It's even on wikipedia's discussion page for Sonic 360. It's quite fun when people are proving your crediblity.
Seems logical.

One Classy Bloke

Anonymous wrote:Good job, OCB, you've become notable enough to earn yourself a section in the Next-Gen Wikipedia page.
This makes my e-penis enlarge even more.

Now considering Sega didn't make a big announcement or release a trailer for the upcoming game, i will make a larger one than i did before.

I've managed to look at the script again. All it has is the scripts to the four storys, Character profiles, something called Renewal Points and the number of spoken lines for each character.

That last section is the most interesting, as it may show me which characters may be playable. From what i can work out, it seems there are going to be 9 playable characters. Whether this is only in multiplayer, i can't be sure. There have been rumours of a co-op mode flying around, which would make sense, as the main three hedgehogs are rarely alone during the story.

Personally, if there is a trial mode, i hope you can put any character in any stage, because that would be awesome, but only if they play differently.

Emperor Omochao

Post by Emperor Omochao »

Four stories? So this 4th hedgehog is actually equivalent to the first 3?

I'm thinking it may not be a playable character. If there are really 9 playable characters then it makes sense that Sonic, Silver and Shadow probably have 2 characters each with them.

I hope it's just to solve puzzles and extra stuff like that.

If the 3 main hedgehogs are rarely alone, exactly who are with them?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I'm guessing the fourth story is probably the last story where the final boss fight happens. It's how the Sonic games usually work these days.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

You know what would make it awesome, though? Say, during this final fight, Sonic goes Super (again *snore*). But then, something happens that knocks the Super right out of him, and you'd have to fight the final boss as vanilla Sonic. Doesn't happen much anymore, does it? It'd sure beat a Super retread.

Unless, of course, the final boss is Seven Force, in which case all would be forgiven. That's pretty much not going to happen, though.

Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

They're not just rumors of co-op flying about, they're confirmed. Sega Europe says so on the site.