Sega trademarks "Sonic Gems Collection"

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Meh. Give me a Dynamite Headdy 2 and I'll perk up so damn hard I'll rip my trousers. And I wear baggy ones, baby.

...What? I'm talking bollocks. Just for a change.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I wouldn't mind getting some dynamite headdy.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'd kill Grant for it.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Would you—eh, you know the rest..

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Before or after I kill him?

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Baba O'Reily wrote:Before or after I kill him?
After, naturally.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

During.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Ergh. Tough way to die.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I wouldn't mind it.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Very decent of you Grant.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Nothing personal, you see.

Grant

Post by Grant »

YOU CHANGE YOUR AVATAR SO MUCH I NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

About Super Gunstar Heroes, why the GBA instead of say, the DS or PSP?

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

I personally believe the reason it’s not being developed for the DS or PSP is because, in the likely event that it merely turns out to be an enhanced port of the Mega Drive original, it would make better sense to fit in into the games line-up of the GBA, what with its plethora of SNES and NES ports. It would also probably be better to bring it to the GBA so it isn't considered an embarrassing use of system hardware, like what would happen if brought over to the DS or PSP. Conversely, if Gunstar Super Heroes is actually a new game then I would really have no perception as to why they wouldn’t attempt it on the nextgen handhelds, excluding the possibility of Sega presently not caring for seriously developing for the two as of this moment.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

It is an all-new title, did you look at the screens? New gun system, character(s), artwork, and possibly a lack of co-op. It's still 2D though. There's no reason for Gunstar to use the touch screen and it ain't 3D--GBA it is.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No coop will make the game 75%-90% less fun.

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

Woah woah woah. Maybe there's a link cable option? The screenshots had both Red and Blue in, so maybe two-player is being included. I'm trusting treasure as a decent developer to know what's fun or not.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Yeah, I'm all for a link cable mode, and hopefully Treasure/Sega know it's vital. But I'm just saying, if there's no coop, it won't be nearly as fun.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

G.Silver wrote:It is an all-new title, did you look at the screens?
There's screenshots out? Where exactly?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

^G. Silver posted the magazine scan with the images on the previous page.
G.Silver wrote:It's still 2D though. There's no reason for Gunstar to use the touch screen and it ain't 3D--GBA it is.
But it doesn't need to use the touch screen or any other DS gimmicks as Nintendo stated that developers are not forced to use them and as for the 3D arguement, there are plenty of 2D games that are coming out for both DS and PSP.

The only reason why I can see Treasure releasing this on the GBA is because they want to play it safe and go for the largest user-base as possible. But that seems like a missed opportunity to create a truly goregous-looking sequel to Gunstar Heroes like that PSP hoax that was posted awhile back.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Baggsies on Green!

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Ngangbius wrote:But that seems like a missed opportunity to create a truly goregous-looking sequel to Gunstar Heroes like that PSP hoax that was posted awhile back.
Thing is, though, this revitalizes the property. One Gunstar sequel points towards another. Plus, the original game came out in 1993 and is only getting a sequel now, so even if Treasure doesn't put out a third game immediately after this one, we'll have another twelve years before we have to start losing hope again.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

http://news.sonicstadium.org/index.php?full=44
SEGA confirms that it was all just a mistake...
After contacting SEGA on the subject of Sonic R EXTREME, we have been informed that it was simply a glitch and that SEGA and GC will be working together to remove it.

4 days ago, forum member Spinos infomed us that the title Sonic R EXTREME had been added to Game Crazy's release list. Yesterday he returned with photographic proof which was promptly e-mailed to SEGA for inspection. The photographs can be viewed under the media links.

SEGA replied to us, and informed us that it was all, in fact, simply an error. They told us that no such game exists, and that both they and GC will be working together the remove the misinformation from their release schedules.

That pretty much closes the lid on this one. SEGA is, after all, the authority on this case, so any further rumour spreading is pointless. The game has not been in any way officially announced, so Sonic News will no longer cover speculation or rumours on it.

Those of you disappointed by this news, E3 is on the way, so you can be guarenteed a huge load of new Sonic games anyway. ;P
Well..So much for that. :roll:

Grant

Post by Grant »

What about the movie??????????????????????

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

SegaSonic wrote:http://news.sonicstadium.org/index.php?full=44
SEGA confirms that it was all just a mistake...
After contacting SEGA on the subject of Sonic R EXTREME, we have been informed that it was simply a glitch and that SEGA and GC will be working together to remove it.

4 days ago, forum member Spinos infomed us that the title Sonic R EXTREME had been added to Game Crazy's release list. Yesterday he returned with photographic proof which was promptly e-mailed to SEGA for inspection. The photographs can be viewed under the media links.

SEGA replied to us, and informed us that it was all, in fact, simply an error. They told us that no such game exists, and that both they and GC will be working together the remove the misinformation from their release schedules.

That pretty much closes the lid on this one. SEGA is, after all, the authority on this case, so any further rumour spreading is pointless. The game has not been in any way officially announced, so Sonic News will no longer cover speculation or rumours on it.

Those of you disappointed by this news, E3 is on the way, so you can be guarenteed a huge load of new Sonic games anyway. ;P
Well..So much for that. :roll:
:grin: :smile: :sad: :cry: