Shadow of a Hedgehog game: Shadow packs a GUN!!1

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Popcorn wrote:There's some debate going on as to whether this is using the SA2 or Heroes engine. It didn't even occur to me that it might not be Heroes' engine until I read the current frontpage entry. On closer inspection of the trailer (and it really does hurt to watch it), I'm increasingly of the opinion that it might be SA2's engine after all, although the model animations look more like Heroes...
I really think this is just what happens when you use the Heroes engine to make SA2-styled levels. There's not exactly any reason to go backwards, and they never even had the SA2 engine on the PS2 to begin with.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's funny. We thought the worst they could do was Sonic Heroes 2.

But man, did they ever prove us wrong.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

There's a lot of screaming on other message boards about this being an April Fool's joke. Is that a possiblity?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Would anyone really put this much effort into an April Fool's joke? In March?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's a little early and elaborate to be an April Fool's Joke.

muke

Post by muke »

Heat Packing Penguin wrote:I mean, if they really wanted a Sonic game with guns (which is still bloody stupid) shouldn't they have used Fang the Sniper if anyone?
Did I not say this before? Fang needs his own game where he actually is, ya know, a sniper? Shadow does not need his own game, and this is so bad I'm just going to assume that this is a joke. This won't sell to the proper constitutents (sp?) and if this isn't a joke then I think that Sega is truly trying to kill the series and make the hedgehog and friends go the way of Alex Kidd.
If they expect any type of sales, this better at least have a star-studded hardcore rap soundtrack, meaning stuff from D-block and Marshall "I'm A Whiney Beeach" Mathers, nobody with any talent like 50 (listen to his interviews someday, he's not like these other morons) and anyone from Flipmode because they wouldn't stoop this low. They could get sales by putting emo tracks on there, but they shouldn't make this game any gayer than it is now.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I was initially going to comment that April was a month away, but I figured that was an old joke. And it was unveiled at Sonic's "Walk of Game" induction; I doubt they'd want to have a crappy joke like that there...

Although as a real deal it's even worse...

Fang doesn't need his own game. In fact, he needs his own game less than Shadow.

CM August

Post by CM August »

muke wrote:If they expect any type of sales, this better at least have a star-studded hardcore rap soundtrack, meaning stuff from D-block and Marshall "I'm A Whiney Beeach" Mathers, nobody with any talent like 50 (listen to his interviews someday, he's not like these other morons) and anyone from Flipmode because they wouldn't stoop this low. They could get sales by putting emo tracks on there, but they shouldn't make this game any gayer than it is now.
Speaking of which, what is UP with that droning grunge shit playing in the video? Is this supposed to be the new musical style of the series? It certainly seems that way with SA2 and beyond, where it really took off. This makes me yearn for the days when Sonic wasn't biased towards any music genre, let alone rock, rap, etc.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ugh! I love Rock...But Sonic Rock is just Dumb...Team Sonic's theme in Heroes stanks worse than Uranus.

They should go back to the FUNK!

Post by Guest »

I'm hoping this wont be the end. I've seen Sonic fans recover and go on. I just hope this isn't too major to get over. I'm already trying to ignore it... unsuccessfully.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

SegaSonic wrote:Ugh! I love Rock...But Sonic Rock is just Dumb...Team Sonic's theme in Heroes stanks worse than Uranus.

I'll argue that although the team theme songs in Heroes were atrocious, at least the ingame music was really good. Probably the best part of the game really.

As for this Shadow game, well... let me just say that a Sonic Heroes 2 would look really good right about now, and I genuinely mean that. I'd rather play a kiddie induced Sonic game that accurately represents the Sonic universe, then Shadow pulling John Woo through teenage wasteland. I fear that any hope of Sonic coming back to glory SA style is now all but extinguished for me, with no thanks to the Shadow newbs who think it's cool to hate everything and slash open arteries.

At the very least, SoA could’ve made that gun look decent, and add in bullet time (as Chaos Control of course).
Last edited by Dark Crow on Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Post by Nova »

This gives a whole new meaning to “The dark agesâ€￾, not even the fall of the Jedi was that bad…

But in the other hand, if the game sucks, maybe they will get rid of shadow forever...

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

SegaSonic wrote:
Launch Base and Hill Top had funky face humping basslines unlike the crap music in the trailer.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Even stuff like Final Egg and Hot Shelter had funky face humping basslines. I think we need to see a bit more drum 'n' bass like Sky Deck.

In fact, fuck it. Sonic is about speed and action. We need Mad Caddies for the soundtrack. Seriously, all of you download some mp3s and you'll know what I mean. Hell, any decent 90's ska band would do the trick. Generic rock just makes me sad.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

j-man wrote:Even stuff like Final Egg and Hot Shelter had funky face humping basslines. I think we need to see a bit more drum 'n' bass like Sky Deck.

In fact, fuck it. Sonic is about speed and action. We need Mad Caddies for the soundtrack. Seriously, all of you download some mp3s and you'll know what I mean. Hell, any decent 90's ska band would do the trick. Generic rock just makes me sad.
I just listen to the Doobie Brothers when I'm playing Sonic. Or David Lee Roth. Or Toast Machine. Toast Machine owns your soul.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Yeah, ska rules. The style suits Shadow like the drum'n'bass tunes in Sonic Adventure 2. The Dark music for Heroes sucked tho, anyone who has the lyrics "Chaos Control" in the song needs to be buried in cheddar, edam and mozerella to show them how much cheese they put into an otherwise good song.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

j-man wrote:Generic rock just makes me sad.
I have a confession to make, I listen to Muse when playing Sonic.
(Slaps Wrists)

Dache

Post by Dache »

Esrever wrote:
Popcorn wrote:There's some debate going on as to whether this is using the SA2 or Heroes engine. It didn't even occur to me that it might not be Heroes' engine until I read the current frontpage entry. On closer inspection of the trailer (and it really does hurt to watch it), I'm increasingly of the opinion that it might be SA2's engine after all, although the model animations look more like Heroes...
I really think this is just what happens when you use the Heroes engine to make SA2-styled levels. There's not exactly any reason to go backwards, and they never even had the SA2 engine on the PS2 to begin with.
Yeah, this is why I think this is the Heroes engine. If it's SA2, they'd have to have ported it to the PS2, while there's already an established, working engine already there. That doesn't make any sense. If anything is making it look graphically better than Heroes, the textures just aren't as shit as they were before.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Omni Hunter wrote:
j-man wrote:Generic rock just makes me sad.
I have a confession to make, I listen to Muse when playing Sonic.
(Slaps Wrists)
BANNED

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

muse got serv'd lol

Valoc Darkmyre

Post by Valoc Darkmyre »

That picture of Shadow with a gun makes me laugh. Now all he needs is a cigar and a trenchcoat and he'll be completely politically incorrect! :P

I'm not that interested in this game. I doubt the gun will add much to the gameplay experience.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Dark Crow wrote:with no thanks to the Shadow <b>newbs</b> who think it's cool to hate everything and slash open arteries.
ON. POINT. My sentiments exactly.
Valoc Darkmyre wrote:Now all he needs is a cigar and a trenchcoat and he'll be completely politically incorrect!
Dude, read the thread before you repeat stuff like that.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

What the hell is going on?! It's a gun. It's not like the game is gonna be a clone of GTA or something. If they work it well, it will be good.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

One Classy Bloke wrote:What the hell is going on?! It's a gun. It's not like the game is gonna be a clone of GTA or something. If they work it well, it will be good.
That's not the point. I have three major problems with the concept:

1) Graphically it's very ugly. SA2 looked better than that.
2) It looks achingly similar to Heroes in terms of level design, graphics and so on-- and Heroes was laaaaame. The only apparent difference is this bizarre new gimmick.
3) The whole 'gun' thing is just at total odds with the concept of Sonic, or at least the Sonic we've come to know and mostly love. It's either a cynical (and likely misguided) attempt to cash in on the gangster-culture fad, or an innocent but bewilderingly bad creative decision.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

So are you guys saying you dont like the Funk and the awesome music in the the old Games!?

Thats what Made Sonic...Sonic.

Everything has Rock or rap now, and its getting old.
Last edited by SegaSonic on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.